PDA

View Full Version : 'Count Castlevania' still not whipped up about Wii

wraggster
May 22nd, 2008, 01:53
MTV's Multiplayer had a chance to speak with Castlevania series director Koji Igarashi at last week's Konami Gamer's Night and asked the eccentric icon a question that's been on our minds: what's up with the series on Wii? More specifically, is he still set against using the Wiimote for some one-to-one whip waggling?

Whip in hand – seriously – he told the Multiplayer crew that he feels "cracking" the Wiimote is "going to get tiring after a while" but that he has "been thinking about different ways" to make a Castlevania work on Wii and sees Nintendo's hit console as "a viable platform, the more and more [he thinks] about it."

We'll look forward to the day Igarashi figures out a way for us to "whip it good" on the Wii, instead of bringing waggle to Castlevania just for the sake of it.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/05/21/count-castlevania-still-not-whipped-up-about-wii/

wertyer
May 22nd, 2008, 02:18
I hope that they make a castlevania game for wii. I think it would be fun to shake the wiimote to whip.us

geise69
May 22nd, 2008, 12:05
I can see how he's saying using the wiimote will be tiring. Think of how many damn times you hit that whip button in all the Castlevania games in just one level. Now think about using that for a whole entire game. It would get tiring. Now if they could think of a good way to use the wiimote kind of how Super Paper Mario used it. I think they could pull of a really good CV game on the Wii. Just bring back the Belmont bloodline and you can do almost whatever you want with the game. Oh and ditch the rpg element and keep it simple. Of course no one will be with me on that one.