PDA

View Full Version : 4Gb Onda VX767 V2 - Possible Homebrew Device ?

wraggster
May 23rd, 2008, 15:01
The homebrew news will resume as normal tonight i was out for the count with a bad dose of hay fever last night, was in bed for 8pm which is unlike me.

But anyway, heres a device that hopefully could be used for homebrew, take a look at the features and a few screens:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/OndaVX767.jpg

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/139-2.jpg

Large screen? Check. Vast array of capabilities? Check. Low price? Check. What does this mean? An extremely functional MP4 player that doesn't sacrifice anything at a price. Watch movies on the large 4.3" TFT screen. Listen to music with its dual headphone jack. View movies on the big screen with the included AV cables. Let the Onda VX767 be your all in one Media Center. The 4gb internal memory and MicroSD expandability will let you watch anything anywhere!

Comes with:
Onda VX767

AV Cable

USB Cable
Earphone
Cloth Case

Manual and CD

Free USB Charger!
Gorgeous screen display
The Onda VX767 comes with a large 4.3" 480x272 TFT widescreen display. The VX767's beautiful display will give you the ability to watch movies and view pictures without struggling to make out whats going on.

Tremendous file support
The Onda VX767 supports MP3, WMA, WMA/VBR, APE, and FLAC audio files. The Onda VX767 supports RM, RMVB, AVI, FLV, DAT, ASF, MP4, WMV, 3GP, and MPG video files. Movies do not need to be resized to play on the VX767. Watching movies on the go couldn't get any easier!

MicroSD Expandability
Increase your storage by getting a MicroSD card! The MicroSD is a low cost, easy accessible storage solution making it an ideal card to get.

TV Out capability
With the AV cables that are included, you can watch movies on the big screen! Watch your videos on the TV in either 4:3 or 16:9 ratio. Works with NTSC and PAL television sets.

Listen to the radio anywhere
The Onda VX767 has a built in FM tuner which allows you to tune into your favorite radio station on the go!

Record what you want
Don't ever miss a beat! Don't want to forget something? Use the built in mic to record messages, lectures, or whatever else needed to be recorded.

USB 2.0 high speed
You can get a file at 480Mbps by connecting USB 2.0 to PC.

Rechargeable Li-On battery
The built in 3000mAh rechargeable Li-On battery lets you listen to music for 30hrs or watch movies for 10hrs.

The GP2XStore (http://www.gp2xstore.com/4Gb_Onda_VX767_V2_Mp4_Player_p/139.htm&Click=21) has em on sale for $139, if homebrew is possible then it would be a sweet device.

stevo11185
May 23rd, 2008, 15:35
fail advertising is fail

____anders____
May 23rd, 2008, 15:51
eeh, no.
don't think it's a major homebrew device, maybe some small homebrew suff will be released for it, but nothing more..

ian h
May 23rd, 2008, 16:53
i know it probably doesnt have a processor, but what are the specs on the power of this thing?

p.s. the psp will be king for a LONG time to come

JKKDARK
May 23rd, 2008, 17:04
There are many handhelds like this one already :/

dejkirkby
May 23rd, 2008, 17:20
It has a 400Mhz processor.

____anders____
May 23rd, 2008, 17:44
It has a 400Mhz processor.

i still don't see this as a big homebrew object, but some cool games could be developed/ported to this, the thing is that MP3/MP4 players usually doesn't have that many buttons, i think that's why not so many media players are homebrew-targeted.

my sandisk sansa with the "rockbox" custom firmware have just as many buttons as you need for playing doom, it has a 75 Mhz processor, i think and it plays doom 1, 2, TNT and PLUTONIA in fullspeed just perfectly without lag at any place, maybe someone will port doom to this media player, as it would fit perfectly for it, but i don't know about the buttons though...

ICE
May 23rd, 2008, 17:55
Its an Itouch clone and it has good brew with no buttons so...

Mini Moose
May 23rd, 2008, 18:44
I'll stick to waiting for the Pandora, thank you very much.

mike_jmg
May 23rd, 2008, 18:56
I don't think homebrew would be a good idea but as a portable media player it sounds nice
I might get one just to play wmv and avi files

davidcrew
May 23rd, 2008, 21:58
looks pretty sick, but im happy with my ds for the moment =P

|darc|
May 24th, 2008, 01:56
awesome dreamcast news!

Wally
May 24th, 2008, 01:59
I agree with |darc|

wraggster be more careful where you tread in the future.. You'll get get trodden on yourself..

Wally

osgeld
May 24th, 2008, 04:32
for those who do not work "on hands" with consumer electronics

right now in the warehouse where i manage inventory BS for "12v" mobile electronics we currently carry 3 brands of almost identical devices

our best is 700$ (wholesale) with a 5.3 inch screen, gps and automatic ass wiper

it does more media formats than my modded xbox and its got a mircro sd slot to boot (16gb internal flash)

our middle one is about 100$ , its basicly the same thing but with a 2.8 inch touch screen

our "crap" one cost me 36 bucks, it will probally die in a few weeks, but its still quite powerfull

point is these things do exist in many many flavors

but theres only a small handfull of basic designs, so evento there might be a billion brands, there might be only a few dozen reference designs (our middle brand also makes audio amps, over 48 designs based on 6 boards)

is it hackable, oh yea ... the entire basis on the product is

"you can have one flashed with your logo and software specs for practically nothing and sell it for 8x the price!!!"

but unless your going to uber geek on it, its going to be difficult

and the wide varation of model specs is yet another hurdle

edit ... image of the 2.8 inch 4gb "middle of the road" model
http://www.itechnews.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/soundstream-x-ite-mp28-touchscreen-player.jpg

Steely
May 24th, 2008, 21:55
I think one of the main appeals of homebrew is doing something more on a good device that you own. Like, if not for homebrew, I would still own a DS, but homebrew just makes the system that much better.

When there's no-name media players that can run homebrew, it's not very much homebrew and it's not very exciting.

stevo11185
May 24th, 2008, 21:57
I'll stick to waiting for the Pandora, thank you very much.

yes yes yes yes yes.

If the pandora allows N64 to be portable then it will be a huge success and a first ever in the homebrew scene. I will so get it if i can play Zelda on the go :)