PDA

View Full Version : Kurok Demo v0.1 - Goldeneye/Turok Type Game for PSP

wraggster
May 23rd, 2008, 22:52
News/release from MDave:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/sshot09.jpg

Hi there, I have finally released a little project I've been working on for a while, and it should interest those that like the old Goldeneye and Turok on the N64

I know that the psp homebrew scene has slowed down a lot this year, hopefully this won't be the 'swan song' of homebrew games for the PSP, considering how much success its getting commercially these days. I suspect it has something to do with the iPhone, but that its interface while intuitive, lacks the basics like tactile buttons which makes your traditional games pretty much unplayable Anyway, back to my game :P

It's a Quake total conversion made from scratch and designed for the PSP, and includes my own heavily tweaked Quake engine which happens to be fully backwards compatible with Quake 1 and its mods.

The download and more information is on this site:

http://bladebattles.com/kurok/index.html

Hope you enjoy!

I seriously suggest playing multiplayer with friends in a map that includes remote mines, its a blast

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/Kurok PSP Demo v0.1 .rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments

Anonymous D
May 23rd, 2008, 23:05
quick warning to people trying this, remmeber to copy the "PSP" folder AND the apropriate eboot onto your memory card.

only other thing, how do you change weapon? i cant find anything that tells me and there doesnt appear to be a button set to it.

Sp3ct0r
May 24th, 2008, 02:57
sweet. looks nice, trying it now.

EDIT: dude this is some high quality stuff, keep up the good work, very nice :D

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 24th, 2008, 05:10
This is one of the best Quake mods Ive played, very impressive! Creating Quake TCs for the PSP seems like they way to go, the engine is still pretty good :rolleyes:

While were on the subject, does anyone know where I can pick up Quake-C 1.06? I want to export a few Milk shape models as MDL's but require the .qc files...

ICE
May 24th, 2008, 06:29
Holy crap man. Fantastic work!

Just set the change weapon in the options!

Bartman3010
May 24th, 2008, 13:12
Wow, those levels really do have a Turok kind of feel to them. Giant and empty.

Not saying thats a bad thing mind you. For a one man effort, its very impressive. I dont really have any real complaints about the game itself.

I just wonder how strong the Tek Bow is. Its not too strong against the shotgun, is it? (At least...at close range)

JKKDARK
May 24th, 2008, 14:46
The graphics are awesome, great job :)

Aminality500
May 24th, 2008, 20:48
i can't find any eboots or readme's in the kurok folder. i have psp slim with 3.90m33-3.

openboxfilms
May 24th, 2008, 23:13
Wow, this is one of the greatest psp games I have ever played. I've found one small bug though. Sometimes in multiplayer, the gun won't appear. But it's a great game. Animality, open the rar and go into the PSP/ folder. There should be a Kurok folder and a "SLIM VERSION" folder. just open slim version and put the eboot from it and put it in the kurok folder, and move it to your psp.

noname1
May 25th, 2008, 03:00
Cool mod and very smooth animations :)
I also found a bug if you shoot with your crossbow in single player mode the map crashs and i have to load the game again in the (quake)menu.

.:PSP1.0:.
May 25th, 2008, 04:08
Really good demo loved it! Thanks MDave:)

mikeishot50
May 25th, 2008, 08:45
this is the best psp hombrew i have playedin a looooong time

Dead_lucky
May 25th, 2008, 12:48
This is truly fantastic - very goldeneye'esque. Well done!!!!!! - Keep it up!!
This is a must try for any PSP owner.

Multiplayer is awesome too.

I think the quake engine would be good enough to make a fantastic RPG with - e.g. Heretic 2 was amazing in its time (I know it was Quake II engine - but not far off)

Let me know if you need an alpha/beta tester :)

3 x PSP Slim 3.90 m33-3
2x PSP Phatt 3.90 m33-3
PSP GPS + Pandora :)

2x XBMC
1x XB360

MDave
May 25th, 2008, 17:23
Hehe, I already made a thread in the development section, oh well :P If anyone is having any problems, please read the readme file.

Thanks for the compliments! I really tried hard making this exclusive psp game, even if its based on quake. To me its the perfect engine for making fps games on the psp, or even third person games because the game code is so easy to work with :)

Its even possible to make a Sonic Adventure type game using quake!

There will be a update soon that fixes a lot of the bugs and glitches :)

Busherg
May 26th, 2008, 20:48
This game is absolutely AWESOME! MDave, keep up the good working!
P.S. Can you add Sniper Rifle to this game, Please?

MDave
May 26th, 2008, 23:51
I've just released v0.2 on my site :)

http://bladebattles.com/kurok/index.html

Busherg: I might at a later point of time ;)

jurkevicz
May 26th, 2008, 23:51
a v.02 is now available!

Busherg
May 27th, 2008, 11:06
Wow, v0.2 is really cool! Great work!

But I have noticed some bugs:
1) In multiplayer, when bots have no more pistol ammo, they still continue trying to shoot at you. Why can't they use knife?
2) If you throw Remote Mines on the door, they will stick to it, and then if you open the door, mines stay in the air and you cant get throw them.
Here is the screen:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/782/snap141qd7.jpg