PDA

View Full Version : Snes9xTYLsmcm 23/05/08 Release

wraggster
May 23rd, 2008, 23:28
The unknown team of Japanese coders working on the Snes emulator for PSP have released a new version today which according to reports sees a speed increase.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

juiceface
May 23rd, 2008, 23:56
just tried it on mario kart, the game seemed faster in the last realease, can anyone confirm?

bruno.m
May 24th, 2008, 01:56
yes, i did notice speed up in donkey kong country and dk 3 and kirby's dream land

indstr
May 24th, 2008, 03:41
All the dk games were already fullspeed. So I don't know how they could have been improved, except for the couple of levels that don't render correctly without disabling some of the layers. I actually played through all 3 of them on snes9x tyl 0.4.2 ME ruka 32 and didn't have any slowdown problems except for maybe several levels (1 or 2 per game) with special lighting effects

kz_se7en
May 24th, 2008, 04:02
i'm currently using the release on 16/05/2008 , have anyone notice any thing better as snes9xTYLsmcm 23/05/08 compare to snes9x/05/2008

justicejoe
May 24th, 2008, 04:05
wasnt an update just relesed a few weeks ago is this improved from that or just a reposting?

kz_se7en
May 24th, 2008, 04:30
yeah, that what i was thinking is it just a reposting or is it a new update.

BelmontSlayer
May 24th, 2008, 04:40
wasnt an update just relesed a few weeks ago is this improved from that or just a reposting?

This is a new improved version. Ruka (the coder) releases updates every few weeks on his board here (http://jbbs.livedoor.jp/bbs/read.cgi/game/22862/1118410967/).

malgora
May 24th, 2008, 06:01
chrono trigger still has some mad slow downs, but not a bad as the last release, GOOD JOB!

Veskgar
May 24th, 2008, 07:05
This is an awesome release. Just a few quick tests and I saw improvements in Chrono Trigger, Super Metroid, and Contra III.

Also, a lot of games that used to chug slightly or be a little less than perfect now run perfect with 0 frameskip, vsync ON and with the PSP clocked at just 300 MHz.

That is damn impressive. These are exciting times and reminds me of the early days of PSP homebrew. Frequent SNES emulator updates and improvements make me extremely happy.

This anonymous Japanese team has my sincere gratitude. Keep up your excellent work!

mike_jmg
May 24th, 2008, 07:45
has anyone tried megaman x2?

Ryupowerup
May 24th, 2008, 13:06
has anyone tried megaman x2?

when i have the FPS showing
i get 60FPS on Bosses

drock82
May 24th, 2008, 15:42
do starfox works because it was workin pretty good last release:o

Peedo
May 24th, 2008, 23:53
anybody tried DK country 1?

caffeinekid
May 25th, 2008, 00:29
This and the last release have made my day. When I first got my PSP at Christmas, just five months ago I was pretty shocked at the half completed state of the SNES emulator compared to the work done on Genesis and even GBA and others.

It looks like things are changing though and it is coming along in leaps and bounds now - it's good to see it catching up, because the SNES was and is a heck of a good system and having a Super Nintendo with games that will fit in my pocket really is a dream come true.

Keep up the excellent work! :)

ds166
May 25th, 2008, 00:32
Yes, I do. It's slow as hell!!!! :(

kharaboudjan
May 25th, 2008, 01:00
WOW!

thats all i have time to say now! back to play most of the games perfect! :D

i have been complaining a lot of other SNES releases, but this will make me satified for a loong time now =)

finally!!!!!

drock82
May 25th, 2008, 01:36
can someone try starfox,its no doubt the most talked about among the snes emulation:thumbup:

emu-fan
May 25th, 2008, 01:53
official site?plz

Samaska
May 25th, 2008, 05:52
I can't seem to get this to work..it keeps saying corrupted data. Im using a slim with 3.90 m33-3.

Allan_Cesar
May 25th, 2008, 08:32
Dragon Quest VI - Maboroshi no Daichi (J) [T-Eng.90b2_NoPrgress] donīt work
Show this message: Error while loading rom

kharaboudjan
May 25th, 2008, 12:20
starfox isnt playable in this release :P but still im very happy about this, there are at least 10 heavy emulated games now that are playable that wasnt before!

this is the best snes emu for the psp right now =)

i mean you can actually play yoshis island with 2 frameskip, it doent look that great but perhaps we can play it with 1 framskip sometime, then it would be fantastic! :D

ahh, 1 game i never had the chance to play properly on the psp is Axelay which is now fully playable with FS 1. its a beatiful game ;)

Eldhav
May 25th, 2008, 18:51
Lufia II works better. Not perfect but the audio's _almost_ there. It's good enough for me! Finally I'll be able to play it! Yay! Kudos to the programmers!

Unquestionable
May 25th, 2008, 19:58
This and the last release have made my day. When I first got my PSP at Christmas, just five months ago I was pretty shocked at the half completed state of the SNES emulator compared to the work done on Genesis and even GBA and others.

It looks like things are changing though and it is coming along in leaps and bounds now - it's good to see it catching up, because the SNES was and is a heck of a good system and having a Super Nintendo with games that will fit in my pocket really is a dream come true.

Keep up the excellent work! :)

Completly agree with you, it's exciting to see that some people are working on the SNES emu once again. :)

~Unquestionable

shaggyze
May 26th, 2008, 00:57
compared to the last release the only game i played that was sluggish was killer instict without frameskip and now its playing fast er without loss of frames but when falling from buildings some of the layers go through a refresh every 2-3 seconds where their are certain layers that go invisible (left to right) which is probably why the games are playing faster though i have not checked the settings to see if the layer problem can be fixed and honestly it doesnt bother me as much as it being sluggish and hard to play.

juiceface
May 26th, 2008, 04:51
found a bug in final fantasy 2, in the opening sequence right after you steal the first crystal. When cecil exits the crystal room the game freezes.

still, this is a great release.

Glenn84
May 26th, 2008, 08:49
i downloaded this, copied and pasted in my PSP/GAME folder, when finding games or roms like "knights of the round" or "desert strike," i pasted inside the snes9xtylsmcm folder, disconnected my psp and here's word for word wat it says when i tried to enter it:
"This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted."

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

kharaboudjan
May 26th, 2008, 10:45
anyone knows how to use danthemans speedhacks dat file on this emu? i tried to copy it to the root folder in this snes emu but nothing is happening..

hack.fool
May 26th, 2008, 12:01
anyone knows how to use danthemans speedhacks dat file on this emu? i tried to copy it to the root folder in this snes emu but nothing is happening..

Put snesadvance.dat in DATA folder:
PSP/GAME/s9xTYLslimmecm/DATA/snesadvance.dat

also Killer instinct is really improved for speed but sometimes the background got some issue
also Wild Guns sometimes work perfect and other is really slow..wonder why!!

Sojiroh
May 26th, 2008, 12:35
I've a problem with Megaman x2, in the battle with wheel gator and in the beggining of the moth stage the image freezes but the music doesn't. With older version i didn't have this problem, but i suspect it is the CF, because i tried yesterday with older versions and the problem persisted.

kharaboudjan
May 26th, 2008, 15:24
anyone who tried unirally/uniracers and got it to work? its one of my favorite games on the snes :) too bad i cant get it to work on this almost fullspeed snes emu :D

djbrotherson
May 26th, 2008, 15:42
starfox isnt playable in this release :P but still im very happy about this, there are at least 10 heavy emulated games now that are playable that wasnt before!

this is the best snes emu for the psp right now =)

i mean you can actually play yoshis island with 2 frameskip, it doent look that great but perhaps we can play it with 1 framskip sometime, then it would be fantastic! :D

ahh, 1 game i never had the chance to play properly on the psp is Axelay which is now fully playable with FS 1. its a beatiful game ;)

Star Fox works great for me with no speed limit, fs 2 w/ vsync

hack.fool
May 26th, 2008, 22:03
I'm running Snes9xTYL 0.4.2 for 1.5 on my phat and this Snes9xTYLsmcm on the slim simultaneously.. I'm impressed is even better than my phat 1.5 !!!!

Chrono Trigger on both psp and both same setting, the demo sequence run almost 10 FPS more on slim with this release :eek:

The coders are doing great stuff! :thumbup:

djbrotherson
May 26th, 2008, 22:17
Has anybody tried adhoc yet? I cant try it cuz i let my friend use my psp for his roadtrip

Saracchini
May 26th, 2008, 23:53
I tested the Super-Turrican games which are too slow in older releases. Both reaches 30 fps with 333Mhz and frameskip 2 in my Phat PSP... not too good yet...

jurkevicz
May 27th, 2008, 02:48
I hope he keeps releasing updates! Clay Fighter 1 and TE still doesn't work but the emu is getting a lot faster.

Eldhav
May 27th, 2008, 05:14
It might be somewhat of a stupid question but perhaps you guys can answer it anyways - does it really matter if one increases the MHz in the PSP for example the SNES emu? I run at 300 today, will 330 really make a difference?

SpacemanSpiff
May 27th, 2008, 07:14
I tested the Super-Turrican games which are too slow in older releases. Both reaches 30 fps with 333Mhz and frameskip 2 in my Phat PSP... not too good yet...

Go to hack/debug menu and turn on "Ignore Pallete Writes" for 60 fps with no frameskip

Glenn84
July 6th, 2008, 15:37
does this work on ver. 3.95?

B2K24
July 7th, 2008, 22:32
yes, put in PSP/GAME

Wolfie_ds
February 19th, 2009, 03:26
It's been almost a year since somebody replied to this thread but I'm needing some help. I downloaded the emulator at the beginning of this thread and all that I get is and error message that says: This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted. Can anyone help me with this?