PDA

View Full Version : Lua Player running on Windows PC?

Spastic:
September 30th, 2005, 17:12
I've heard that there is a program that will run the PSP LuaPlayer environment on the PC so that you can program for the PSP in Lua without actually using the PSP. Does anyone know about this being possible and where I might find out more about it? Any info would be great.

Spastic:
October 2nd, 2005, 22:16
So i guess i'm just completely off base with this... or must have read something wrong somewhere... cuz it doesn't seem like anyone knows anything about this.

Oh well... if something like this becomes a reality, fill me in.

Spastic:
October 14th, 2005, 16:30
Ok... so i remembered where i heard this... it was from Shine himself on ps2dev forums.

I've included a link here... http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?p=22332#22332

I don't know if there have been updated versions released, this is all i could find. The sound doesn't work, and i don't believe there is any analog functionality, but otherwise i've downloaded this and run my games through it and it works. Sometimes it's a little tweaky... but for first round debugging and coding on the go, it's more than workable.

If anyone knows of updated releases on this, let me know.

Cap'n 1time
October 17th, 2005, 21:22
... you know lua wasnt really created for use with the PSP at all. It is just a port. The first example of LUA script I saw was some weird manager thing for linux. I imagine there is a lua program for windows, If not for windows then you can probably load a linux binary with cygwin or somthing.