PDA

View Full Version : Gecko Region free v1.5 - 2 Versions

wraggster
May 25th, 2008, 12:34
Nuke (http://www.usbgecko.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396) has posted a new version of the Region Free Commercial Game Loader for the Nintendo Wii,

Here is V1.5, this version was the first version to be compatible with the homebrew channel

Also here is a version of the above which has no language and VI patches.

some users reported that SSBB dont work with the 15, so can you try with the no patch version to see if it boots as i don't have my brawl game with me.

im at the point now where i know i need to make a selector for language and additional patches, as some games will only work with patches some not.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

____anders____
May 25th, 2008, 15:40
hmm, i still can't get SSBB to load, i'm on a PAL wii, i've tried in 60hz mode (in the system settings) and 50hz but i get a black screen, i know SSBB only works if you set your wii to 60hz, but it stil won't work...
i've tried both 1.5 normal version and the 1.5 nopatch version..

it does work with the Datel Freeloader though..

Sult4n
May 25th, 2008, 15:42
Same here, doesn´t work.

Baboon
May 26th, 2008, 16:46
hmm, i still can't get SSBB to load, i'm on a PAL wii, i've tried in 60hz mode (in the system settings) and 50hz but i get a black screen, i know SSBB only works if you set your wii to 60hz, but it stil won't work...
i've tried both 1.5 normal version and the 1.5 nopatch version..

it does work with the Datel Freeloader though..

Yep same for me on my pal machine with the US version of brawl. I hope this will be sorted out in time? ...I'd much prefer it rather than doing the disc swapping malarkey with freeloader.

____anders____
May 27th, 2008, 09:16
yeah, i hate the freeloader, it would be alot cooler to get this to work..

boryc
May 27th, 2008, 09:58
Hi all,

Does it work for gamecube games? I cant find this information anywhere.

Thanks

Feedude
January 1st, 2009, 15:16
hmmm... i tried NTSC sonic unleashed on my JAP wii and its a no go

h2923j42n2
January 1st, 2009, 21:18
Use the following version, as it is more up to date...

http://www.usbgecko.com/files/geckohb9.zip