PDA

View Full Version : hlide`s PSP Emu for PC & Pandora WIP News

wraggster
May 25th, 2008, 14:19
hlide a member of DCEmu and a coder at PS2Dev (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=10364) and one of the icons of PSP Development posted this exciting bit of info:

I'm also planning to make a PSP emulator for PC and maybe Pandora.

I rewrote from scratch a R3000 dynarec (c++) for PSP and ARM (zodttd uses my very old recompiler/generator I rewrote for his psx4gp2x/psx4iphone). Zodttd were supposed to work with me to bring yapse4all in life but he seems to be very busy with all the other ports he makes.

It wouldn't be difficult to make a PSP dynarec for PC as well : I just need to write the appropriate generator.

I intend to reuse my new dynarec and to extend it to a PSP dynarec (CPU/FPU/VFPU) to make a PSP emulator. But it must be fast and don't need to deal with low emulation of hardware unlike PSX.

I think HLE is the best strategy to emulate PSP because it would be faster and hardware emulation is beyond question due to the lack of documentation about hardware.

But HLE is probably hell to build since we need to reverse any kernel modules to emulate functions accurately.

Lets hope this comes to reality :) PSP emu for Pandora now thats a mindblower (although it will most likely be more of a tech demo)

RDToT
May 26th, 2008, 18:15
wow
that is gonna be a great thing ;)

pkmaximum
May 27th, 2008, 04:15
I doubt the Pandora can honestly emulate a PSP =/