PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu Network Changes

wraggster
May 25th, 2008, 19:02
Hey all just a few changes to tell you about, ill keep it in here for a week and move the post to the DCEmu Blog.

First off the RSS Newsposters have been retired, personally i thought they were great but so many didnt so a win for the complainers.

2ndly Snipr told me of a new image verification system to try and stop those annoying spam posts, yeah we are all fed up of con artists selling through emails, i mean who actually falls for crap like that.

3rdly Im thinking of moving the chatroom to a Java friendly server maybe irc freenode or another decent server, one which has nickserv/chanserv would be great. Anyone with ideas please post in the comments.

4th - Im not sure if it could be implemented but a King of DCEmu with regards to online games would be great a clan site of sorts if you will with maybe tournys to decide a champ for each game, ill have to discuss with staff anyone willing to take up such a project

Thats all for now.

JKKDARK
May 25th, 2008, 19:04
First off the RSS Newsposters have been retired, personally i thought they were great but so many didnt so a win for the complainers.

2ndly Snipr told me of a new image verification system to try and stop those annoying spam posts, yeah we are all fed up of con artists selling through emails, i mean who actually falls for crap like that.

Thank you, that's what many of us wanted :)

NoQuarter
May 25th, 2008, 19:50
Nice, thank you wraggster.

Am I missing something or does dcemu have a psp friendly mirror or feed?
I would rather come here on the go with my psp.

____anders____
May 25th, 2008, 20:10

yeah, those are annoying, mabe you should get something like the image verification the have on Rapidshare?
those are even more annoying, but good, they are new now, go check it out if you haven't been on Rapidshare recently..

jamotto
May 25th, 2008, 22:44
yeah, those are annoying, mabe you should get something like the image verification the have on Rapidshare?
those are even more annoying, but good, they are new now, go check it out if you haven't been on Rapidshare recently..

Those are almost impossible to read for humans let alone bots. :eek:

Triv1um
May 25th, 2008, 22:58
Thanks Wragg. I started to have my doubts that you actually listened to us. Also had my doubts that you were human with all the PlayAsia posts :P

Good move.

masterchief929
May 26th, 2008, 01:41
irc.rizon.net would be a great server to move the irc to. it has chanserv/nickserv/botserv. there are already a couple ppl from dcemu who hang out there. one of them is madcat1990.

bah
May 26th, 2008, 11:16
Best news I've been able to find here for a long while.

Ding dong the witch is dead.

THANK YOU.

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 11:18
yeah those damn cat things on rapidshare are terrible, the new system ive put will be interestting to see , it seems every forum well every forum thats popular has problems with the spammers.

i can understand spamming a homebrew or gaming site but selling bloody phones, not many hear give a flying crap about phones :P

WhizzBang
May 26th, 2008, 11:26
Great news, thanks.

bah
May 26th, 2008, 11:33
i can understand spamming a homebrew or gaming site but selling bloody phones, not many hear give a flying crap about phones :P

Must...hold....back...smartarse...remark...about.. .........changing...ones..tune...

:D

I'm just very pleased they're gone, ill shut up about the topic now...

Ive never had an issue with the cats on rapidshare, if they are harder to crack then use something similar if possible.

You could ask a few questions with obvious answers the user has to type: who makes the gameboy, what colour is a wii etc. I'm sure they can hire people to get past those but I don't know if bots would be smart enough to answer varying questions with exact single word answers.

____anders____
May 26th, 2008, 17:09
hehe, i've never failed on those rapidshare pictures:)
i've nailed them every time, but it takes a minute or two to figure them out, but i guess that's why they're made..

those questions may not be such a bad idea, but it would be hard to come up with at least 100 of them...
and at the end there should be one of those hard captcha pictures or whatever they're called:D

hehe it should be at least 100 times more annoying to sign up here so they won't even bother getting a spambot inside:p

Buddy4point0
May 26th, 2008, 17:58
Sweet! thanks!

pibs
May 27th, 2008, 02:28
wow great news!

is the image verification going to be for posting or just for reregistration to the site?

BlueCrab
May 27th, 2008, 21:30
Just to let everyone know, I've got us a channel on freenode all ready to go. All staff should register their nicknames with nickserv there, and let me know so that I can place them on the channel access list.

The channel is irc.freenode.net #dcemuuk