PDA

View Full Version : Controller Port B dead

wicky615
May 25th, 2008, 22:22
So my friend is letting me borrow his dreamcast and he said he wanted me to try out the second controller he just got. His games somehow got lost when he moved. So I throw my copy of Zombie Revenge in and as it turns out port B doesn't work. So I'm thinking it's the game or whatever for whatever reason, I turn the console off, take the disc out, and boot into the menu. Both controllers work in all ports Except for port B, which makes me think there's a problem with just port B. Now, my question is, could this be a blown fuse? I doubt it, since that usually disables all ports until you fix it up. Now, I'm wondering what problem it could be that it would only be port B and no other ports. And also, I would like to know if this is fixable without having to buy an entirely new part. :(

Triv1um
May 25th, 2008, 23:07
Haha, this started all my troubles with my last but 1 dreamcast.

Its not the fuse, it made it much much worse in mine. (it killed all of them)

I first done the twist trick, that didn't work. Then i soldered in a identical fuse and still had the problem.

It might work with you, but be prepared to fail.

Then again, its prob just me that fails :P

wicky615
May 26th, 2008, 01:49
I've looked at it, and I can honestly say it's probably not the fuse. unless anyone has any other ideas about what I should do without destroying the system, I'll just keep it the way it is and I guess some people are going to have to take turns with the dreamcast =D

If anyone can come up with anything other than the F1 Resisting fuse, please do so =D