September 30th, 2005, 21:32
Ill be posting this file but there are still some bugs
This Hack is to fool your 2.0 PsP to firmware 1.0, 1.5, 1.51, 1.52
ill post the file In a Little.

More info in 2 hours thanks :) :)

PsPmad
September 30th, 2005, 23:04
Here is the file but theres still some bugs but post any bugs
Oh this only changes to firmwar v1.0 right now but enjoy :) :)

PsPmad
September 30th, 2005, 23:31
-> This is has not been tested, it could brick your PSP <-

-> I AM NOT RESPONSABLE FOR EVENTUALS DAMAGES <-

Version 2.0 firmware Changer
-------------------------------

Requires :
----------

- PSP 2.00
- Version 2.0 firmware Changer

Installation :
--------------

- Create a UPDATE folder in PSP/GAME/ folder of your memory stick
- Unpack PsPmad Version Changer.zip
- Copy EBOOT.PBP in UPDATE folder
- Copy overflow.tif in your PSP/PHOTO/ folder of your memory stick
- Copy h.bin in root of your memory stick
- Copy index.dat in root of your memory stick

Then, enter in VSHELL PHOTO MENU, this will launch Version Changer.

Create an USB connection and if the Version Changer has been installed, a new file is created in your root of your memory stick (ms0:/index.dat.bak).

Then go to VSHELL GAME MENU and Version 2.0 firmware Changer .

You Will Get a 80020148 Just exit and go to system settings then goto system information

i have tested it but post if file dosnt work so i can try to fix Bugs

Follow the instructions ...

PsPmad

ataribob
October 1st, 2005, 02:25
Well stay tuned.
Get the New Firmware If you want to play any of the new games again!

Sony is engaged in a tug-of-war with hackers who keep cracking its PlayStation Portable software to unlock the device and run their own applications on it.

The company is preparing another update to the PSP firmware to fix a recently disclosed bug that lets hackers downgrade the PSP system software and run their own, so-called homebrew code on the device, a Sony representative said Thursday.

"It is not...what the device was designed for," said Patrick Seybold, a spokesman for Sony Computer Entertainment America. "We plan to deal with this issue with the next system update." He declined to say when that update would be ready.

Soon after Sony released the PSP earlier this year, hackers started hunting for bugs in the software that runs the device. Flaws were found and used to run homegrown applications, such as a PDF reader and an FTP client, on the device. The bugs were not used to attack PSP users.

Sony last month updated the PSP firmware to version 2.0. The update encompassed new features, including a Web browser, but also fixed the flaws that had been exploited by the hackers. The 2.0 update was made available on Sony's Web site and will be included in new PSP games, which will require the update, Seybold said.

Previous Next The 2.0 release sparked a new round of hacking. A buffer overflow flaw in the software was disclosed last week on PSP Updates, a PSP enthusiast site. The new bug can be exploited to run code on the device and to downgrade to version 1.5 of the firmware, according to PSP Updates. Version 1.5 was more hacker-friendly.

Sony is not "actively going after the people doing it," Seybold said, but the company does not advise running homebrew code on the PSP. "Running unauthorized software will void the warranty," he said.

The PSP was released in the U.S. in March. Since then, more than 2 million units have been sold in the U.S., according to Sony. The device is sold primarily as a portable game machine, but users can also play movies and music, display digital photos and browse the Internet through its built-in wireless networking.

Cross
October 1st, 2005, 07:00
Maybe because I am not reading the whole artical but all I see there is WWWHHHAAA We want more money and control (AKA Sony) When it was made out to seem like the ISO Game issue which is def not what most everyone here is in this for.

And users showing them they will continue to move forward every time.

cablio
October 2nd, 2005, 22:10
I BOW TO YOU!!!!
FAK WAB!!!

It works.

So what I did was follow the steps he said. Opening the Photo Menu will cause your PSP to block - remove battery and restart. Did it 2 or 3 times, then opened the update file, gave me the error he said. Went to SysInfo -> Version 1.00

WOOT!!!!

Then I (had in my PC the 1.50) tried to update to 1.50 - gave me error at 99%, removed battery. Replaced, reset PSP.

SYSTEM ERROR, will be repaired by hitting "O"
Pressed "O" and viola! 1.50

I will try to install homebrew and will post right back.

cablio
October 2nd, 2005, 22:28
I swear my PSP works fine and it shows version 1.50 but I didn't have time for much attempts and I can't run Megadrive for PSP, gives me "Game could not be started (80020001)"

Any ideas?

Heran_Bago
October 2nd, 2005, 23:22
You don't actually have 1.50. It just looks like you do. Just like using the 1.5 version changer to up it to 2.0 doesn't actually make it 2.0.

cablio
October 3rd, 2005, 06:06
Retard.
If you read what I exactly wrote, you will realize that my attempt to upgrade it to 1.50 fails but when I remove the battery the flash gets screwed enough so the emergency fixer activates and rewrites the flash with 1.50 (cause it was updated out of the factory)

The guy that wrote that he had 2 PSPs and one of them went back to 1.50 - that's what happened. He screwed the flash and the emergency fixer put 1.50

You don't have the brain to think, you don't have the balls to try what PsPmad posted.... What do you have? :confused:

Edit: I just ran SuperPong described here (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8282). So?

cablio at google dot com
Ask me for screenshots if you want.

NoIsEy
October 3rd, 2005, 18:03
could someone please post the 1.5 firmware changer here so i can make my psp think it is 2.0 please so i can play my games !!!

ataribob
October 9th, 2005, 19:24
http://www.wab.com/?page=download

You can get the Wab Version changer here That tricks your firmware to 2.0

You can get the SX Version changer here it changes up to 2.10

When ever the sites online ?
http://www.sonyxteam.com/

pspG-unot
October 10th, 2005, 00:00
ok i download the sx version changer and use winrar to open it and there is a file call SXTVersionChanger2.01 and 2.01% i use the PsafeP to scan the eboot and in the 2.01% it say Warning:Suspicious Flash Access Detected ! is that a virus the first one is safe

ataribob
October 10th, 2005, 04:10
Use both eboots the PsafeP programs will give you errors on good stuff to.

I used it and everyone else here did with no problems
Flash Access Detected is what it does change your version

pspG-unot
October 10th, 2005, 13:58
so it is safe to use
what does this mean ? Backups your original index.dat with the filename vc_bak_index.dat
on the memory stick root.

sitexec
October 10th, 2005, 16:02
if you have version 1.5 and need to fakeupgrade to 2.0 or 2.01, download the sxt version changer at sonyxteam.com

The reason it will show up as a "bad program" is because it has to access the flash memory to change the ver number. I run it, it works fine for me.

pspG-unot
October 10th, 2005, 16:21
ok but what does Backups your original index.dat with the filename vc_bak_index.dat
on the memory stick root. mean?

ataribob
October 10th, 2005, 16:25
so it is safe to use
what does this mean ? Backups your original index.dat with the filename vc_bak_index.dat
on the memory stick root.

If you have firmware 1.50
Use the SXteam version changer it has 2 folders copy to your PSP/Game/

if you don't have index.dat

Don't worry you don't need it.

I did not have it and it still installed good

After it installed it placed vc_bak_index.dat on my card.
and I did not have it before

pspG-unot
October 10th, 2005, 16:32
ok thats all i need to know