PDA

View Full Version : glitchDS released - cellular automaton music sequencer

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 01:45
clone45 (http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=4841.msg29823;topicseen#new) posted this news/release:

Hello!

I'm happy to release my first homebrew DS application: glitchDS. It's a music sequencer driven by the "game of life".

www.glitchDS.com

Features include:

* Customizable Cellular Automaton sequencer
* Create your own “trigger points”
* Load in your own sounds
* Save and load your work
* BPM settings, or “strum mode” for controlling tempo
* Up to 6 sounds can be loaded at once
* Each sound has its own 32 step frequency modulation sequencer
* Global Distortion setting

Currently only tested on an R4DS.

http://www.youtube.com/v/H0WheXZGGTE

Enjoy!
- Bret

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

limming
May 26th, 2008, 03:15
That looks awesome! *Downloading*

BirdFLU
May 26th, 2008, 08:25
ClamXav on my Mac says this zip file has a virus. Only virus alert I've ever had on OS X in 5 years.

Okay I researched this and I guess there's a false positive when zip files reach a certain compression ratio. I unzipped it and re-scanned it and it was fine. Anyone else using the ClamAV engine will also get this alert.

glitchDS.zip: Oversized.Zip FOUND
----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 495554
Engine version: 0.92
Scanned directories: 0
Scanned files: 1
Infected files: 1
Data scanned: 0.24 MB
Time: 54.761 sec (0 m 54 s)

ClamXav v1.1.0 - ClamAV 0.92/5525/Tue Jan 22 12:43:38 2008 - ClamXav

DSmanic!
May 26th, 2008, 09:45
I downloaded it and fortunately i got no virus alert (i got XP) but heres no readme so im not sure which folders go where, do i just out them all in the root of the sd card?

williew705
May 26th, 2008, 17:43
This is a neat program. I like it.

Syrion
May 26th, 2008, 22:53
I've had quite some fun messing with it for a short while. I especially like that there are so many sounds included already, I wouldn't want to gather that many myself :) I'll definitely play with it a lot more, especially in order to "compose" something more comparable to a song than the random sounds I got it to play :D Very interesting and fun :)

Now I'd just love to have a zoomable Game of Life for my DS that has an arena of definable size and enables me to draw the single pixels similiarly close up to GlitchDS. There are already 2 "real" game of life-applications out for the DS, but both have such a high resolution it's basically impossible to draw something "proper" like those cute gliders and similiar stuff.

da_head
May 27th, 2008, 03:27
whatever happend to that other audio homebrew thingy? it was like super advanced and made by some japanese ppl.

stevo11185
May 27th, 2008, 21:25
whatever happend to that other audio homebrew thingy? it was like super advanced and made by some japanese ppl.

i think you mean KORG-10 or something similar. One thing though. Its not homebrew :(

Akoi Meexx
May 27th, 2008, 21:44
i think you mean KORG-10 or something similar. One thing though. Its not homebrew :(

I think he means DScratch. Last I knew from the forums, the link was down for downloading it. Look on homebrew DB sites for an alternative download, I guess.

Mauritus
May 28th, 2008, 22:05
Hello Guys, for my first post in this forums i have a quiestion to ask. or for any M3sd Slot 2 users out there like my self.

you don't happen to know hoe to get glitchDS to work with Slot2 solutions for flash card. i have tried many thing allready

launch it from the regular start menu

no luck there

then launch it from DSorganize
it did start runing, but stopped because it said the sample here not there in the folder
/glitchDS/sounds
the thing is that i doble checked on that, and i did every thing that wa written in the documentation page.

last, i tried patching with DLDI the file. and still no luck...

any suggestions.
besides buying a new card, of course? :P

anyway any help is much appreciated.

Shalom

evilzippy
May 29th, 2008, 00:36
.... download download 8)