PDA

View Full Version : A Question for Homebrew Developers

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 02:42
Its always interesting to find out what the developers and coders who give us the toys we have played with over the years. Basically what system excites you the most to create homebrew for, either at this time or one in the future ?

I expect that Pandora, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360 to be somewhere in the plans, although no Homebrew exists for 3 of the consoles at this time.

Eviltaco64
May 26th, 2008, 02:54
Well there is that Linux/King Kong exploit for the 360. But that's out of reach for probably about 95% of Xbox 360ers.

P.S. - Im obviously no homebrew dev, just felt I should throw that in.

Elven6
May 26th, 2008, 02:58
Although I haven't released any game's, I do code programs, eventually building myself up to games.

I personally just do it for credibility, not just in the homebrew community but in the programmer community.

I work on PC since it's really easy, I really want to work with the Dreamcast and Xbox 360. The problem with the Dreamcast is the scene is in shambles, the guides, links, tutorials, etc are extremly outdated and not very helpful.

The 360 will seem easy with XNA since you can port over your PC XNA programs with little effort.

madcat1990
May 26th, 2008, 15:18
I'm a DS Developer, and I LOVE programming for the DS

Using PALib and stuff, background system...just love the challenge! :D

PSmonkey
May 26th, 2008, 17:04
PSP2
^_^

Little currious on trying my hand at the ps3 just to see what I can do with the multiple SPUs (I'm hoping the next PSP has a few processor cores).

limming
May 26th, 2008, 19:53
I'm not developing for any system yet but I think I will start soon as I have a lot of free time. I will probably start with the DS (again, I tried once) and I might make some things for the Wii. I think the Wii is the most exciting because of it's wide array of capabilities.

Buddy4point0
May 27th, 2008, 02:09
PSP, Im soon going to Try to start up developing for the Wii as well.

Safari Al
May 27th, 2008, 02:21
I'm with buddy there. Right now I have a small Raccoon Game in development for the PSP. I am going to try and port my Mario clone (in lua :() over to the wii once I get it set up this week. Then I'll want to try C++ for the wii ;)