PDA

View Full Version : Free MC Boot v1.2c aka FreeVast

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 11:46
The application (http://psx-scene.com/forums/freevast/58292-official-free-mc-boot-releases.html) to turn just about any decent PS2 Memcard into a way to play homebrew on any unmodified PS2 takes a new turn with a new release, heres the details:

Free MC Boot is an 'exploit' based off of Datel's Max Memory 64MB card. This allows a user to install it on official 8MB Sony MC's as well as 3rd party cards. (with the exception of those needing a boot disc to be recognized or cloned Chinese cards)

1.2c
As soon as v1.2c is properly installed (see usage.txt for 1.2c upgrade) :
- Uninstall is possible.
- Upgrade without need to format for future version (It preserves saves).

1.2b BETA

- Small bug fixed that prevented NTSC U users from installing.

1.2 BETA
-Process done entirely on the PS2 console rather than patching of MC images done on the computer.
-C/DVD fix added by ffgriever
-Changed boot file name and locations:

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Ennohex
May 26th, 2008, 17:49
I can't get this to do anything, anybody else?

Hawq
May 27th, 2008, 18:28
Doesn't seem to work for me either, is its worked for anyone how long does the screen stay black while its doing its thing?

quasar
May 29th, 2008, 21:41
There seems to be some problems with NTSC consoles, on mine PAL PS2 everything works great. We'll have to be a little more patient, it's still "only" a beta version.

DemonicArc
May 30th, 2008, 06:09
Don't bother with this yet, it's nothing special, it's still just an independence exploit that doesn't need a Playstation 1 game to boot, meaning it does nothing new if you already have an independence exploit, if you have Memor32 or a modchip, just forget about this alltogether, it's pretty much useless.

Ennohex
May 30th, 2008, 13:06
Heh, I just love to see software hacks work, that's all.
I have a DMS4pro in my system... and before that it was independence exploited.
I just want to see it work so that I don't have to get another chip for my next PS2.

I have a pal machine tho, so I wonder if it is the chip that's causing all the nonsense. I tried both releases on the only memory card that I had at the time.

Ennohex
June 4th, 2008, 18:12
It's the chip.
For some reason I can't run this off my ToxicOS modded machine.
It works just fine on a soft-modded machine tho.
It must mean that perhaps it uses the PS2 bios?

I must say, I'm really impressed with this. Looks like the PS2 has finally become like the Dreamcast. Homebrew for everyone!