PDA

View Full Version : Wii Homebrew Launcher 0.5

wraggster
May 26th, 2008, 19:45
Hell Hibou (http://wiihomebrewlauncher.be.cx/) has released a new version of his Wii Homebrew Launcher, heres whats new:

This is a new version of Wii Homebrew Launcher programme:

The graphics engine has been rewritten
Support for PNG (no layer alpha)
The message "Press A or (1) + (2)" can be translated
Initializing the Wiimote is a simultaneous loading data
Adding background music (integrated into a theme)
Possibility of creating a 'slideshoot' for channels
Support format fraud (beta)
Possibility to change the font via a theme

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

linkinworm
May 26th, 2008, 23:25
Support format fraud?????? whats this do?

apapou
May 27th, 2008, 00:05
Support format fraud?????? whats this do?

I'm thinking this was translated using an online tool. I just read the news from the french site and what it really says is: "- Support for .dol format"

linkinworm
May 27th, 2008, 01:10
I'm thinking this was translated using an online tool. I just read the news from the french site and what it really says is: "- Support for .dol format"
thats a bit of a difference lol from fraud to .dol

w4aqar
May 27th, 2008, 02:09
Whats the point in this, we have already got the homebrew channel which can be updated to use these new features.

tehnoir
May 27th, 2008, 03:52
Whats the point in this, we have already got the homebrew channel which can be updated to use these new features.

I'm guessing that most of the development on these features was done or near completion before the homebrew channel was released. Might as well release it if the work is already done.

Also, some people may not want to install an unofficial channel onto their Wii. It seems that a number of users are also experiencing problems with the homebrew channels and emus that worked fine before, so some people may find this method more reliable for the time being.

Finally, future updates may cause problems with the homebrew channel (God forbid) and cause a need to revert back to alternate methods. *shrug* Those are just what come to my mind.

____anders____
May 27th, 2008, 09:04
aaah, soooo useless:p

i don't think anyone will use this now that we have the HBC, but as you said, they may have already completed most of it before the HBC was released, so they may thought they might as well release it..