PDA

View Full Version : Kurok Demo v0.2 - Goldeneye/Turok Type Game for PSP

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 01:38
MDave posted this news and release on our forums:

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/sshot09.jpg

Thanks to the amazing feedback I've had over v0.1, I've been working on a bunch of fixes and additions version 0.2 should cover. Here are the changes and fixes for v0.2. And HERE is where you can grab the update. The SVN will always be updated with every new release too. That should keep some going for a little while longer :).

The download and more information is on this site:

http://bladebattles.com/kurok/index.html

v0.2 Changes:

- Added: Soldier enemies now throw grenades on Normal, Hard and Intense difficulties.
- Added: Red and Blue team skin colors in team multiplayer games, bottom color now selects either Red or Blue team.
- Added: Option in the Misc. menu to brighten certain models, turning this off gives a slight speed boost.
- Added: Option in the multiplayer menu to turn on/off auto-aim.
- Added: Option in the multiplayer menu to turn on/off map exits.
- Added: New missile model for the rocket launcher and grenade launcher.
- Added: New plasma ball effect for the secondary function of the grenade launcher.
- Added: Extra deathmatch and co-op spawn points in single player maps (no more crazy telefragging).
- Added: New icon and background image for the Normal and Slim EBOOTS.
- Added: Loading screen background image.

- Change: Expanded the Base Arena multiplayer map (kdm2).
- Change: Split up the pak files for faster & easier patching.
- Change: The config file now shows subtle realistic view movement, and fixed default controls.
- Change: Increased speed of plasma ball and reduced its collision size.

- Fixed: Tekbow crashing the game if you charge an arrow as soon as you change a map/load a save game.
- Fixed: Clipping problem in Canyon Testing map (e1m3).
- Fixed: Remote mines floating in mid air on spawn points.

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/KurokPSPDemov0.2.rar) and Give Feedback Via Comments

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 27th, 2008, 02:15
Yes! This is by far one of my most anticipated homebrews!

About time we had some great FPS action, keep it up! :)

jurkevicz
May 27th, 2008, 02:46
I can't wait for the full version.!

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 03:07
yeah its releases like this that make the PSP Scene what it is todday

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 27th, 2008, 07:00
While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the best Quake modeling tool is?

I'm good with Milkshape, but I cannot find a way to export a model as a Quake 1 .mdl and I find Qme 3.0 very hard to use?

MDave has done a fantastic job on his models.

Dutt
May 27th, 2008, 09:11
This is a very good mod indeed.
Keep up the good work mate..
just a few things tho.

1. The NUB look option dont work.
2. The Straff option in button config does not seem to work..
would b good to make this make other button do something elts. eg. set it to say Square and when pressed makes L & R become straff.. also make it have the option to have it toggle or hold it in..
3.umm nothing lol could have a couple of these toggle buttons tho..all customizable of course..

i do this with a alias at the moment but would b very good as an option..

apart from this its very well made.. thanks mate

Dutt..

Busherg
May 27th, 2008, 11:49
Wow, v0.2 is really cool! Great work, MDave!

But I have noticed some bugs:
1) In multiplayer, when bots have no more pistol ammo, they still continue trying to shoot at you. Why can't they use knife?
2) If you throw Remote Mines on the door, they will stick to it, and then if you open the door, mines stay in the air and you cant get throw them.
Here is the screen:
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/782/snap141qd7.jpg

bah
May 27th, 2008, 13:11
This is a really cool conversion. Thanks for the release man.

Does the game crash to the quake console for anyone else if they pull the crossbow all the way back at the start of the first episode.

It crashes for me every time with the output:
Call0 14420(???)
: W_WeaponFrame
:PlayerPostThink
:W_WeaponFrame
NULL Function
Host_Error : Program Error.

EDIT: If I dont use the crossbow until after killing the first dinosaur then it doesn't crash. Minor issue.

EDIT2: Wanted to say once more: Great release. :)

dark heart
May 27th, 2008, 13:41
not...bad.... looks like a lot of thought has gone into the layout, it's simple yet fun, just like turok :P

While we're on the subject, does anyone know what the best Quake modeling tool is?

I'm good with Milkshape, but I cannot find a way to export a model as a Quake 1 .mdl and I find Qme 3.0 very hard to use?

MDave has done a fantastic job on his models.

dude this is not the place to ask, lucky for i can answer the questions though.

this is what you can do (the way where you don't need to programme ;P):
make your model, then see what already made models quake/quake mods have to offer, animate your model so that it uses the same amount of frames, and does the same things (with your style of animation of course) then just export it to quake .mdl and replace it the old model.

try and use a similar acting model to replace.

simple.

if you don't like the way i told you, you need to find a coder so he/she can programme new commands for a new character/object

if you need more help ask me. but for future references, find yourself a quake moder forum, cos there aren't alot of modders that can help you here.

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 27th, 2008, 23:48
not...bad.... looks like a lot of thought has gone into the layout, it's simple yet fun, just like turok :P

make your model, then see what already made models quake/quake mods have to offer, animate your model so that it uses the same amount of frames, and does the same things (with your style of animation of course) then just export it to quake .mdl and replace it the old model.

simple.

if you don't like the way i told you, you need to find a coder so he/she can programme new commands for a new character/object

if you need more help ask me. but for future references, find yourself a quake moder forum, cos there aren't alot of modders that can help you here.

Yeah, that's just hoping your model syncs up with it's official counterparts animations, thanks though.

Dude, it's 2008, finding an active Quake 1 modding forum is harder than it sounds, most are buried or are saturated with dead links.

Besides, my question wasn't as off topic as you make it sound, as I thought my question would answer some development queries regarding tools used to create this great mod and the process behind it. If people know how it's done, it may spur them to also work on some great releases for the community. Anyway, It's cool, I'll keep my development questions to myself, cheers.

mike_jmg
May 28th, 2008, 04:22
so this is good huh?
I'll give it a try tonight and tomorrow at work LOL. I just Love the FPSs on PSP, there should be more

edit: this simply looks amazing but it made me remember why I never played turok on the N64 more than once. Man, the controls made me dizzy I'm very used to use the analog stick to move and to aim with X, sqr, tri, O.
All my wires got crossed and I have a mild headache right now, does anyone has figured out how to switch the controls cause when I try to enter some analog stick direction as a key it doesn't get registered

It looks great but if he could add another control scheme I would be very happy

.:PSP1.0:.
May 28th, 2008, 09:57
F@#king awesome update! Thanks a whole heap for all your hard work MDave! :)

dark heart
May 28th, 2008, 10:05
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark heart View Post

simple.

Yeah, that's just hoping your model syncs up with it's official counterparts animations, thanks though.

Dude, it's 2008, finding an active Quake 1 modding forum is harder than it sounds, most are buried or are saturated with dead links.

Besides, my question wasn't as off topic as you make it sound, as I thought my question would answer some development queries regarding tools used to create this great mod and the process behind it. If people know how it's done, it may spur them to also work on some great releases for the community. Anyway, It's cool, I'll keep my development questions to myself, cheers.

Wooah woah woah

how did i sound like i was saying it was off topic? the only point i made was that this wasn't a good place to ask.
please don't take offense at the drop of a hat.

i can tell you some places where you can get help that have a good community.

http://quark.planetquake.gamespy.com/forums/

http://leray.proboards34.com/index.cgi

these are all you need really, they will tell you what you need to know, they have a large member count and offer some help that you wouldn't get otherwise.

but like a said, you will need a coder if you want new character/enemy/object commands. TRUST ME i know.

if you need anything else, I'll check up on this thread

**1_Man_Matrix**
May 28th, 2008, 10:21
Wooah woah woah

how did i sound like i was saying it was off topic? the only point i made was that this wasn't a good place to ask.
please don't take offense at the drop of a hat.

i can tell you some places where you can get help that have a good community.

http://quark.planetquake.gamespy.com/forums/

http://leray.proboards34.com/index.cgi

these are all you need really, they will tell you what you need to know, they have a large member count and offer some help that you wouldn't get otherwise.

but like a said, you will need a coder if you want new character/enemy/object commands. TRUST ME i know.

if you need anything else, I'll check up on this thread

Cheers, thanks! :) In the meantime let's hope MDave can crack out another update shortly!

bah
May 28th, 2008, 10:42
Cheers, thanks! :) In the meantime let's hope MDave can crack out another update shortly!

Hahaha, give the man some time to catch his breath. :)

Broadus
May 29th, 2008, 09:31
This game is actually pretty freaking awesome. It's great what they've done with the Quake engine on the PSP.
I'd like to see a Quake mod that has AI versus AI or something instead of the player going around by himself fighting everything in the whole world single-handedly.

danny_563
May 29th, 2008, 14:59
this is wicked :D:D:D

wwboy
May 29th, 2008, 22:22
best homebrew shooter there is for psp