PDA

View Full Version : Greenberg: Live dwls hit 1 million per day, Sony is Under-Delivering

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 02:09
Aaron Greenberg, Xbox's director of product management, has confirmed that Live users are now downloading in the region of 1 million pieces of content daily.
"People are now downloading about a million things every day from the service," he said. "When we first launched 360, it took us four months - 120 days, more or less - to get 10 million downloads. And now we're doing 10 million downloads in ten days."

"We're at 17,000: the PlayStation Network is just around 600 items," he said. "This is like comparing a Wal-Mart superstore or a Cost-Co to your local Quickie Mart, right? It's at extreme ends... In the first year we had more than 600 items. We were way ahead of that."

"I think Sony has had a history of over-promising and under-delivering. [I was] just using actual facts of all the things that they had promised. I think I talked to some folks about this afterwards, but I think as an industry, we owe it to our customers to be straight with them. I think that some of the stuff we've talked about, while the reaction may not always be positive, we're going to tell you... People just want you to be straight with them. We know titles slip, we know things happen, and there's little we can do to control that, but if we promise something - I think as an industry - we need to start living up to our promises. As an organisation, i think Xbox has a pretty good track record of doing that."

http://www.videogaming247.com/

goity
May 27th, 2008, 17:26
I know. I'm getting fed up of this too. There's just not enough shit on psn. I want my money back.

Oh, right.