PDA

View Full Version : McDonald’s Japan distributes news and DS demos

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 14:22
Between May 27 and June 31, you can buy a shrimp burger at a McDonald’s in Japan and learn about the nutrition facts on your DS. During this period Nintendo and the house of the McPork value sandwich will test the Nintendo Spot service in 21 locations. With the Nintendo Spot DS owners can download a compact version of the Nintendo Browser, which connects to a page of McDonald’s news. The top page has links to current McDonald’s promotions and nutritional information.

In an effort to lure gamers into a McDonald’s, Nintendo will offer DS demos and a special present for Pikachu during May 30 and June 19. This isn’t the first time Nintendo made a deal with McDonald’s. The two companies made an agreement to allow DS owners to use their US Wi-Fi service free of charge in 2005.

This may sound strange, but in some regions McDonald’s is actually kind of nice. Some of the McDonald’s stores in Hong Kong have Wi-Fi, flat screen TVs with news and chandeliers.

http://www.siliconera.com/2008/05/26/mcdonald%E2%80%99s-japan-distributes-news-and-ds-demos/

kcajblue
May 28th, 2008, 03:02
lol.
japanese people are awesome.
ほんとうに すげ~!

Wicket
May 28th, 2008, 06:20
Nintendo and McDonald's....
hmm... I predict that Japan will become the world's second fattest country because of this.

ToJa92
May 28th, 2008, 07:20
When I bought my DS(in Spain), afterwards, when I was at mcdonalds, and they had a DS hot-spot. But since it was new, I didn't open it just to try that... But it seems cool..