PDA

View Full Version : See Guitar Hero drums in action

Shrygue
May 27th, 2008, 20:09
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189698)

Activision has released a video showing off the new drum kit controller set to ship for Guitar Hero World Tour, and it's much better than Rock Band's, promise.

As you can see demonstrated by drum men of Blink 182, The Police and Red Hot Chilli Peppers, the Guitar Hero drums are velocity sensitive and have two cymbals. So basically the harder you hit it, the louder the sound. That's what a drum kit does anyway.

The forth title in the series goes beyond drums and down the full-on the Rock Band route, with vocals bass and guitar and also supported.

Excitingly, there's a bit more customisation this time around as well, letting you modify the crap out of in-game tracks and even design your own record sleeve - though we're less excited about that one.

Confirmed bands so far consist of Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime. Expect it before the year's end.

JKKDARK
May 27th, 2008, 20:25
Damn, it will ruin the game. I prefer to see the serie staying with the guitar only :(

Hiei311
May 27th, 2008, 20:46
Damn, it will ruin the game. I prefer to see the serie staying with the guitar only :(

your so right!!
thats why its called GUITAR HERO!!
not guitar,drum,bass,vocal hero!!

Triv1um
May 27th, 2008, 22:48
Been a drummer I am sort of thankful for it.

Although, I agree with the arguement.

The drumkit looks nice, the elevated cymbals make it own rockband.

pibs
May 28th, 2008, 01:41
The drumkit looks nice, the elevated cymbals make it own rockband.

thats until the cymbals break from the bashing. knowing GH peripherals the drums wont make it to the end of the month of purchase.

geise69
May 28th, 2008, 12:29
thats until the cymbals break from the bashing. knowing GH peripherals the drums wont make it to the end of the month of purchase.

and for the price of that drumkit for "guitar" hero you could put the money towards *GASP* a "real" drumkit. I don't care for these games. If people want to pretend to be real musicians why not take lessons for real? I have been playing drums for over 25 years and games a bit longer. For some reason I don't like mixing the two. Besides if you're gonna show off stuff with drums you're gonna need better music than The Eagles, Lincin Park, Sublime, Blink 182. How about some old school Slayer, Exodus, Testament, Overkill or some other good 80's thrash bands. Van Halen would be nice at least. I'd still rather play a real drumset or guitar. Haha not singing though. I'm not the greatest vocalist.

vicious1988
May 28th, 2008, 15:18
your so right!!
thats why its called GUITAR HERO!!
not guitar,drum,bass,vocal hero!!

I'm pretty sure you'll be able to buy the game itself and, judging by the release date, this will be for current gen consoles. So, if you are planning on buying it you will most likely have a guitar controller already. Thus indicating no need to purchase drums, mic, etc. if unwanted.