PDA

View Full Version : Unnofficial Daedalus R14 Beta Released CPM Version - Nintendo 64 Emulator for PSP

wraggster
May 27th, 2008, 20:37
http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/30w45tj.jpg

I havent gone mad and this isnt a double post but today CaptainMorgan4 announced on our forums (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2148072058#post2148072058) that he has also released a Daedalus r14 beta (Nintendo 64 emu for PSP)

Heres what CaptainMorgan4 posted about this release:

New Features Implemented in R-14beta:
- Dynarec Stack Optimisation = small speedup (located in the Rom Preferences)
- Highlight Inexact Blend Modes = replaces inexact blend modes with a placeholder texture (located in Global Settings)
- VFPU TnL = acceleration of vertex transform and lighting / small speedup (located in Global Settings)
- Clear Fragment Cache = clears the contents of the dynarec fragment cache / do this before loading a new game to avoid freezes and such (located after pausing a rom, works great too)
- Font in GUI has been altered (view pictures below)

The ME work on it is only partially done so the sound doesn't lag quite as much as R13 and it's slightly less gargled.

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Related Links:

Unnoficial Daedalus Beta 14 - Wally Version (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/unnofficial-daedalus-r14-beta-released-nintendo-64-emulator-for-psp-115691.html)
Check out our Daedalus Compatability List (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=23616) Here and a newer list. (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=58500&highlight=daedalus)

Sonicboy 101
May 27th, 2008, 20:41
Great and all but... I'm still waiting on an official version. :)

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 20:50
http://www.sendspace.com/file/96fafl
This the r-14 beta for psp slim
by Captain Morgan but i pspbrewed it for slim

CaptainMorgan4
May 27th, 2008, 20:50
Please try this version and tell me if it's not as stable as one of StrmnNrmn's official copies. This thing is really nice I suggest everyone try it before they just think it's the same as Wally's. Plus this version doesn't have the debug menu that pops up so it's a little less annoying and smooth running.

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 20:56
it is more stable lol
It is better than Wally it is more cooler

darkness angel 777
May 27th, 2008, 20:59
I would turn to a different coder at this point...but thanks for releasing this CaptainMorgan4 :)

AtariFreek
May 27th, 2008, 21:05
Thanks, I really appreciate the work that you and Wally have put into your unofficial builds. :D

btw, ZOMGBBQ!!!11!! FIR57 P4G3!!1!`

blacktortilla7
May 27th, 2008, 21:12
i though this emulator had died. but i guess not hooray! this is the only one im waiting on now to be finished. you guys no what happened to Strmnnrmn?

AtariFreek
May 27th, 2008, 21:15
i though this emulator had died. but i guess not hooray! this is the only one im waiting on now to be finished. you guys no what happened to Strmnnrmn?

Lol, I think he died. :(

Sterist
May 27th, 2008, 21:17
i would suggest that you have wraggster edit into the post that the debug prompts are disabled.

itīll save everyone a lot of confusion

ExcruciationX
May 27th, 2008, 21:20
/\ Agreed.

I don't have my PSP close by, so I can't test it, but good release. :)

Mr.Denny
May 27th, 2008, 21:37
It keeps giving me the

"The game could not be started (80020148)" error

?

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 21:52
if you are using the slim download the slim version link that i provided on the first page in this topic

ian h
May 27th, 2008, 21:54
im getting file is broken when extracting :-(

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 21:55
i will upload it again

ian h
May 27th, 2008, 21:59
bigleak2 im getting file broken on the main download not yours i havent tried yours im using a fat psp!

wraggy i think you may need to re upload! is any one else getting file broken when extracting?

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 22:11
oh lol i am sorry but i think the one i uploaded will work also
i'm sorry if my
english is bad
It isn't my native language

CaptainMorgan4
May 27th, 2008, 22:15
If you guys can't get the main download from Wraggy's then just download it from my site.

ian h
May 27th, 2008, 22:19
captainmorgan4 im sorry but i dont know your site!could you post a link?

bigleak2
May 27th, 2008, 22:20
true! that should work too
Oh yeah good job Captain Morgan you emu is better than Wally (No Disrespect to you Wally)

CaptainMorgan4
May 27th, 2008, 22:25
The link to my site is in my sig, just click the userbar.

ian h
May 27th, 2008, 22:29
i found it lol i didnt know it was on stormin normans site lol

is there any inprovemnts on diddy kong racing? that game should of won the pole some time ago not zelda oot! diddy kong racing would be great for a handheld! would love to playthat if i still had my DS....

CaptainMorgan4
May 27th, 2008, 23:34
Me and you both man, it did get one of the 3 slots on the pole but after StrmnNrmn's vacation he hasn't had time to focus on Wally's poll or mine, but it's understandable.

juiceface
May 28th, 2008, 00:32
super mario 64 starts to load but fails after 3 errors. I ignore all errors forever It doesn't actually start. the last error is somthing about not being able to access the Eerpom

super mario kart 64 fails to load with 3 errors as well. then it freezes

star wars shadows of the empire doesn't boot either.

road rash boots but is buggy in gameplay (this is the only game i actually got to run)

In conclusion I couldn't get most anything to run. Valient effort though.

Can anyone else test these games to confirm my findings?

ian h
May 28th, 2008, 00:36
i can imagine how hard coding must be for people who do it, i was looking at coding hello world for windows32 the other week in c++ i think and i was baffled! i aint that thick either lol i can imagine it must take some time getting used to!

juiceface, i have just been playing mario 64 on this emulator didnt have no problems loading it and i didnt change any settings! i had the problem your reporting on wallys build! nothing loaded at all with the couldnt find eeprom message!

juiceface
May 28th, 2008, 00:59
DOH i realize what i did, i downloaded the wrong version listed on his homepage, the first link (probably wallys build) instead of the 2nd.

my dumb mistake!

now only star wars shadows of the empire doesn't run. makes a weird clicking noise.

thanks author for your work.

dave1080
May 28th, 2008, 04:16
does this game let you play goldeneye? i know the last build let you boot it....baby steps......!

Solidsnake3000
May 28th, 2008, 05:28
Wow finally something good for the psp in a longtime.

jedikevin20
May 28th, 2008, 06:27
nice little improvement from r13. i trust captain so went ahead and got this sucker. Pretty nice. I love how he added the little touch of adding the major game png files so you can see pic and don't have to make your own. I see about a good 1-2 fps improvement in mario kart and smash bros.

CaptainMorgan4
May 28th, 2008, 06:33
Thanks guys, yeah the PNG's that are in are just the roms that I use so yeah glad you guys had some fun with that.

mungrin
May 28th, 2008, 06:41
When will we get N64 games that are actually playable?

Dutt
May 28th, 2008, 06:43
thanks man.. Good work keep at it mate.. :)

odino
May 28th, 2008, 07:37
When will we get N64 games that are actually playable?

Uhm.. Forsaken is playable with sound and frameskip 0/2

Anyway, banjo kazooie run at 10/12 fps with sound and frameskip 2! StrmnNrmn please return in this world!!:thumbup:

.:PSP1.0:.
May 28th, 2008, 09:38
DL it now.. thanks CaptainMorgan4

dark heart
May 28th, 2008, 10:38
awww what a rip off, something else to tease me about the fact that i only have a phat.

but if/when strmnnrmn releases something sooner or later, i'm sure he'd keep in mind phat owners.

I'm not buying a slim psp just so i have a small speedup in my n64 games.

Baboon
May 28th, 2008, 17:56
awww what a rip off, something else to tease me about the fact that i only have a phat.

but if/when strmnnrmn releases something sooner or later, i'm sure he'd keep in mind phat owners.

I'm not buying a slim psp just so i have a small speedup in my n64 games.

er? ...this version is for the phat?

camcorderdoctor
May 28th, 2008, 19:28
Well - I have to say Mario 64 is actually enjoyable to play now - with no sound - with sound needs some work - nice improvements though this is my most favorite emulator of all. The release of this brings back hope to the n64 emulation scene. I can't wait to see where it goes from here. I am also hoping strmnnrmn returns with an official update soon. Very good job on your efforts there CaptainMorgan, your efforts are appreciated - thanks! :thumbup:

LoudMaximus
May 28th, 2008, 21:10
Is there any updated compatibility list yet since these were released?also,could anyone tell me what a respectable frame rate is for a game so that it can be playable,im not sure of these things?
And finally,are many games playable with sound also?

dark heart
May 29th, 2008, 11:49
er? ...this version is for the phat?

it goes 10 times slower on a phat.

andwhyisit
May 29th, 2008, 12:47

strmnnrmn said it himself that there was little to no speed difference between slim and phat releases of Daedalus. Read it for yourself:
http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/10/daedalus-and-psp-slim-lite.html

wwboy
May 29th, 2008, 22:31
there are some small glitchesbut but it runs faster and the sound is way better
its not perfect but its better than before if

dark heart
May 30th, 2008, 12:36
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark heart View Post
strmnnrmn said it himself that there was little to no speed difference between slim and phat releases of Daedalus. Read it for yourself:
http://strmnnrmn.blogspot.com/2007/1...slim-lite.html

well thats just great, yet another case where everybody's piece of heaven works but mine...but why?

pspvik
July 7th, 2008, 05:28
hey captain,
think you'll extend some work on this emu.

really have been waiting a long while for improvement,
and really enjoy seeing progress on daedalus.

thx

CaptainMorgan4
July 7th, 2008, 06:36
No, sorry the work I did was really not that complicated but I can't do anything like StrmnNrmn. Not to mention his code is so crazy, I don't have the time or really the desire.

pspvik
July 8th, 2008, 07:41
that is very understandable.
seeing as how the scene has
died down.

well if u ever acquire the desire,
you'll be supportted by many potential users
of ur product.

none the less ur work is greatly appreciated

kharaboudjan
July 8th, 2008, 18:23
plz, stop say that his work is greatly appreciated!

he hasent done ANYTHING for gods sake. (not any code at least)

thanx to strmn instead.

CaptainMorgan4
July 8th, 2008, 19:05
Yeah I may not have done any code to this build but I did make it more stable and some subtle differences so don't be a total asshole about it.

jxx2005
July 9th, 2008, 12:44
your work is appreciated
but i'm still going to wait for the official version

Ryu HyaBusa
July 10th, 2008, 22:34
ok i have a problem.... every daedalus r13-r14 program i download i recieve a error when i go to run it on my psp.... can any one help me? im runnin 3.71 m33-2 on psp fat.

Strongbadunit2
July 11th, 2008, 02:03
Yeah I may not have done any code to this build but I did make it more stable and some subtle differences so don't be a total asshole about it.

Constant popups interrupting gameplay is the opposite of stability. :mad:

EDIT: NVM that was Wally's version yours is good sorry.

your work is appreciated
but i'm still going to wait for the official version

If there is one. :(

ok i have a problem.... every daedalus r13-r14 program i download i recieve a error when i go to run it on my psp.... can any one help me? im runnin 3.71 m33-2 on psp fat.

Make sure you have the 1.50 version in your game150 folder and make sure you have some roms in the roms folder. Don't ask where to get the roms.

CaptainMorgan4
July 11th, 2008, 02:27
Strongbadunit2 you didn't try my version, I have the debug menu disabled so there are no popups on my version that's Wally's.

pspd
July 11th, 2008, 08:03
Does any game work yet with sound?

Strongbadunit2
July 11th, 2008, 18:31
Strongbadunit2 you didn't try my version, I have the debug menu disabled so there are no popups on my version that's Wally's.

O dang my bad i got them mixed up. Yea I have yours on my psp sorry man I should have payed more attention before I posted. :thumbup:

Shadowblind
July 11th, 2008, 18:39

Have you heard anything from strmnrnm himself yet? I'd figure if there would be a time when he would make a return, it would be in the summer, but...

I can't bring myself to use these emulators until they are fully playable, at least in FPS. I can't stand a glitchy framerate, and much less the lack of sound.

xg917
July 11th, 2008, 19:16
wow.. such a long time i have been on these forums or any forums to be exact.
i guess ill give this version of daedalus a try in a little bit.

i wonder if strmnnrmn is going to actually going to tell us whether he quit or he is going to continue on this project.. after taking a few months off from being online i still dont find a new post by him.. to be honest, i kind of lost faith..

ashamanmiller
July 12th, 2008, 01:37
lol... i was playing super mario 64, and i jumped in a pipe and it crashed on me... hope the final release comes soon!

Strongbadunit2
July 12th, 2008, 04:55
wow.. such a long time i have been on these forums or any forums to be exact.
i guess ill give this version of daedalus a try in a little bit.

i wonder if strmnnrmn is going to actually going to tell us whether he quit or he is going to continue on this project.. after taking a few months off from being online i still dont find a new post by him.. to be honest, i kind of lost faith..

Welcome back xg, can't wait to see your version. I lost faith too, but hopefully someone can take up his work. But unless a miracle happens Daedalus will never be full speed. :( quite sad seeing as StrmnNrmn himself swore not to give up until all the most popular games were playable.

Have you heard anything from strmnrnm himself yet? I'd figure if there would be a time when he would make a return, it would be in the summer, but...

I can't bring myself to use these emulators until they are fully playable, at least in FPS. I can't stand a glitchy framerate, and much less the lack of sound.

i know what you mean its just not as fun playing games unless they are full speed. :(

Toyzruskid1976
July 16th, 2008, 16:38
not to be a total noob, but I couldn't find a faq. What folder do I put the extract into. Couldnt find a read-me either. Do I just put them in the folder with my other emulators? I'm on 4.01 m-33 2

pspd
July 16th, 2008, 20:27
Does any game work yet with sound?.

Strongbadunit2
July 16th, 2008, 20:34
not to be a total noob, but I couldn't find a faq. What folder do I put the extract into. Couldnt find a read-me either. Do I just put them in the folder with my other emulators? I'm on 4.01 m-33 2

extract the 2 folders and put them in game150 or extract the 1 folder and put it in the game401 then put the games/roms in the roms folder. daedalus comes with a readme so read that.

or read this (http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=179961625&blogID=253448402)