PDA

View Full Version : Pssxp 1.2b Released! Fully working

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2008, 08:50
Source: Homebrew Heaven (http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4279&p=31311#p31311)

Pssxp is a homebrew snowboarding game made by me, Buddy4point0. In Pssxp, you're the snowboarder. Guide yourself down the slopes while avoiding trees, rocks, and snowmen, collect powerups and gain points. Try to beat all of the many difficulty settings and levels. Go ahead and take a run at everlasting mode and try to beat your highscore, have your family and friends try to beat your score too! I've put a lot of work into this game so give it a try and I guarantee you'll enjoy it.

Sorry about 1.2 not working. It worked up until I complied it so I didn't know until people started reporting it not working. The problem was that the complier uses lua 5.1 but luaplayer .16 uses lua 5.0. Therefore everyone got errors that the version of lua (5.1) was too high for the luaplayer (5.0) That was a big whoops on my part, so I'm sorry about that.

But enough of the bad news, time for the good news!
Version 1.2b not only has a working version of everything 1.2 had but it also has a few major improvements!

Compiled script works (Big whoops with 1.2)
Uses luaplayer .20 not .16
Alot more random combinations of trees, snowmen, and rocks (huge improvement)
Small bugfixes
Custom Game mode removed
Bug with Quitting (sometimes)

http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii93/Buddy_Pillar/Screenshot-1.png

And in case you missed Version 1.2 (broken) here are the changes for it.

new scoring system in everlasting mode, with point bonus powerups
new unlockable menu
unlockable skifree inspired ending after level 3 is completed
Graphical Upgrades including shadows
game now runs at default clock speed (222), previously ran at max clock speed (333)
new loading screen
Cleaned up code alot, faster code
smaller overall filesize
new data input system
Other small changes and bugfixes (too many and too small to list)

Also as a special treat for messing up version 1.2, I think you guys have waited long enough to see the yeti.
(But you'll still have to unlock it to see the whole animation double-muahahahaha)
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii93/Buddy_Pillar/Screenshot-2.png

To install simply extract the zip file, then copy the Pssxp1.2b folder into you GAME150 folder and run from the game menu.

Responses to questions will only be read and answered here at HomebrewHeaven.net (http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4279&p=31311#p31311). Any other news site that decides to host it or post the news, link to this page as a source.

Download via
HomebrewHeaven.net (http://homebrewheaven.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4279)
HH Direct DL (http://homebrewheaven.net/download/file.php?id=701)

Buddy4point0
Download Above via link or Below via upload

CoderX
May 28th, 2008, 10:40
It's ok Buddy you enjoy your game, and thank you for reminding me why I stopped development on Age of Empires, and Ragnarok for psp. You know the truth, may it eat at you.

In any case great game it goes far behond anything I thought of doing. It's a great end product of a well thought out game.

www.NovelBugz.com (http://www.novelbugz.com) - The Number one free source for buying and selling books online commission free.

DarthPaul
May 28th, 2008, 17:28
Buddy you stole my code. :mad:

Great game, man. Keep it up.

DimensionT
May 28th, 2008, 18:53
It's ok Buddy you enjoy your game, and thank you for reminding me why I stopped development on Age of Empires, and Ragnarok for psp. You know the truth, may it eat at you.

In any case great game it goes far behond anything I thought of doing. It's a great end product of a well thought out game.

Seriously? Get over yourself. You don't have anything to bitch about, and you're just making yourself look like a dumbass at this point.

Every LUA game with scrolling has "your" code (which most likely came from a tutorial)... And now Buddy has changed your "precious" snow texture.

I know for a fact that you've straight up LIED with some of the things you've said through all this (you and Buddy being close friends, and you letting him use your code 2 years ago comes to mind). Why do you think you deserve credibility now?

The fact that you said you're 26 years old in the other thread made me laugh... Because you're acting more like you're 12.

EDIT: Just found something interesting...

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2147996045&postcount=10

CoderX - 20 - Male

AppList
- (1.5/2.0)ME Custom FW
- PengBob
- AOE
- Ragnarök
- Chicken Invaders
- Strip Teaze!!!

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2148072273&postcount=27

Buddy I just want to help you. I'm 26 years old and really like your app. All I'm doing is asking you to respect something I made over two years ago.

Guess he forgot how old he was when he posted one of those.

warsaw
May 28th, 2008, 23:00
This version works fine, thanks for posting it up!

Nice polish. The menu system looks good and the front end is nice. Whilst the graphics are simple, the animation is smooth.

Gameplay feels pretty good actually, although when you bump into the objects it kinda feels like you're playing pinball than crashing into a tree or rock ;)

I would actually suggest slowing down the gameplay a little. A lot of the action flicks past you real quick and things like loss of lives don't really become apparent until you look at the hearts disappearing. Maybe a sound cue or flashing screen to let you know would help? The other option is to have the board rider crash completely and then start on the next life from where you left off?

The last mention is the game music which started driving me insane after about 30 seconds ;)

I like the game, it's a great little homebrew. Not sure if it'll stay on the system long term, but it's a fun one to play when I have a moment to spare.

Nice work! :thumbup:

LoudMaximus
May 28th, 2008, 23:44
Cool,is this similar to that skiing game that was on windows 95?i loved that thing,human eating monster and all:D

Buddy4point0
May 28th, 2008, 23:57

Finally you realize your pointless attempts are stupid. Thank god my threads wont get spammed anymore.

Buddy you stole my code. :mad:

Great game, man. Keep it up.

ahahaha thanks man

[
This version works fine, thanks for posting it up!

Nice polish. The menu system looks good and the front end is nice. Whilst the graphics are simple, the animation is smooth.

Gameplay feels pretty good actually, although when you bump into the objects it kinda feels like you're playing pinball than crashing into a tree or rock ;)

I would actually suggest slowing down the gameplay a little. A lot of the action flicks past you real quick and things like loss of lives don't really become apparent until you look at the hearts disappearing. Maybe a sound cue or flashing screen to let you know would help? The other option is to have the board rider crash completely and then start on the next life from where you left off?

The last mention is the game music which started driving me insane after about 30 seconds ;)

I like the game, it's a great little homebrew. Not sure if it'll stay on the system long term, but it's a fun one to play when I have a moment to spare.

Nice work! :thumbup:

Thanks alot! Nice suggestions about the lives system. Previous versions don't have the background flicker bug, It's there because I wanted to get this out quickly because I messed up 1.2. It will be fixed in the next version. And another great idea! Ill see about making a music player with different tracks for in game.

Mr. Shizzy
May 29th, 2008, 04:06
Great update buddy :)

I'm glad you decided to continue work on this project :D

Buddy4point0
May 30th, 2008, 00:30
Great update buddy :)

I'm glad you decided to continue work on this project :D

Thanks, make sure you check out all the features. I'm going to have a lot of cool stuff for the next version.

dangee
May 30th, 2008, 18:27
nice work B4.0
amazing what a bit of teamwork can do.
The GFX & control sensitivity are deffnittlee improved from v1, but I agree with warsaw about the speed/crash thng.
Forget the snowmen,yetis & bobsleds, for me the showstealer is still DimensionT's
baseball booted skelly,a bit like Reiko Nagase in RidgeRacer.(a bit disappointed tho not
to see a new skelly minivid)
Still haven'T beaten Level 5.

DimensionT
May 30th, 2008, 18:50
AAAHAHA! How about it Buddy? Want me to make a new intro? We both know I can do 20 times better now.

You could make a shirt texture that says PSSXP or something... And I could make a snowboard that doesn't suck.

Hey, Dangee... There's ALOT of my work over at Homebreheaven if you want to check it out. Just click my signature.

Buddy4point0
May 30th, 2008, 21:33
Alright! Thanks for the input! maybe I'll use the old one and a new one in the next version.

This feedback is great! Keep it comming

watupgroupie
May 31st, 2008, 03:08
This game actually looks great. Theres a lot of crap homebrew games and if we all went another extra mile and made some decent things like this, well we'd be better off. What was the name of that game on windows 95 that you skii'd and at one point if you go to slow then you get ate by the monster like in this game? Someone should port that...

Buddy4point0
May 31st, 2008, 19:03
This game actually looks great. Theres a lot of crap homebrew games and if we all went another extra mile and made some decent things like this, well we'd be better off. What was the name of that game on windows 95 that you skii'd and at one point if you go to slow then you get ate by the monster like in this game? Someone should port that...

It was called skifree, that's what inspired the yeti ending in my game.

Shadowblind
May 31st, 2008, 19:07
Really fun game, loving the unlimited type of mode. Good work!

Buddy4point0
June 2nd, 2008, 02:34
Really fun game, loving the unlimited type of mode. Good work!

Everlasting? With highscore.
I may be able to do online high score for the next version.

CoderX
June 4th, 2008, 04:23
Even better than the last great job buddy4point0