PDA

View Full Version : Sony quiet on PS3 video store deploy

Shrygue
May 28th, 2008, 18:46
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189811)

Sony has refused to comment on reports that the PS3 video store will be launched in conjunction with E3 in mid-July.

A video-on-demand service has been officially confirmed in the past, but Sony is yet to announce a release date for the service.

According to reports, US-based magazine EGM says that the video store for PS3 will go live around E3, to which Sony responded with the usual line: "we do not comment on rumour or speculation."

That reply also goes for the other EGM-derived rumour of a "transforming" PS3 pad to be revealed at E3. Sounds a bit far-fetched to us, anyway.

If you missed it, Sony showed a glimpse of what appeared to be the new video store in a recent PS3 advertisement boasting, among others, MTV, NBC and Cartoon Network logos.

We expect to hear more on it and the much-requested in-game communication features soon.

pibs
May 28th, 2008, 18:55
I find this just as a small convenience since its easier to netflix BR movies for a fraction of the price and will provide me with more features. Sony should focus more on releasing subscription plans with netflix for streaming n rentals and it would have a higher chance at blowing away the XBVM

Shadowblind
May 28th, 2008, 18:57
I don't know about these virtual video stores. I don't know about the 360s, but I personally never use it. Seems a waste when you can basically find everything on youtube.

goity
May 29th, 2008, 17:46
I don't know about these virtual video stores. I don't know about the 360s, but I personally never use it. Seems a waste when you can basically find everything on youtube.

In the same way, why buy a psp game; you can just download them.