PDA

View Full Version : Street Fighter IV confirmed for 360, PC and PS3

Shrygue
May 28th, 2008, 18:51
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=189749)

Capcom has confirmed that Street Fighter IV will be coming to Xbox 360, PS3 & PC.

Granted, this comes as no surprise, but it's good to get official confirmation. It'll also come as no surprise that the Wii isn't on Capcom's format list. Soz, Nintendo fans.

As we've seen from previous screenshots, the game will feature classic characters Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li and Guile. A number of other characters will also debut in the game, including female spy Crimson Viper, martial artist Abel and wrestler El Fuerte.

Fans will be pleased to know that the game is played in the classic Street Fighter 2D perspective, but includes extra 3D flourishes. It will also use the traditional six-button gameplay, so all your old-school skills will be transferable.

All in all, it sounds like more of the same with nicer-looking, face-wrecking fireballs. Considering it's Street Fighter though, that's absolutely fine by us.

What isn't fine is the lack of even an estimated release date. But there's a countdown pointing to something happening in a little over three days on the official website. Go take a look.

3 screenshots (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/viewer.php?mode=article&id=198344)

paladinja
May 28th, 2008, 18:58
None of you could possibly understand how much this means to me and all other truly wise men.

goshogun1
May 28th, 2008, 19:58
Street Fighter IV is really shaping up into something amazing. The art style alone makes me drool. I hear they are gonna try and keep all the characters from Street Fighter 2 Turbo, and include quite a few new fighters. I hope there are more than the 4 that they have shown already, but only time will tell. Either way playing this online is gonna be a riot!

JKKDARK
May 28th, 2008, 20:22
wow, I am surprised it's coming to PC too. I didn't expect it :)

paughthead
May 29th, 2008, 07:19
I can't wait to get my hands on it. Hope it has online play.

shorty_carnage
May 29th, 2008, 08:36
Why isn't it comming to the wii?

JKKDARK
May 29th, 2008, 10:38
Why isn't it comming to the wii?

Probably because they believe the game is not oriented for the Wii audience.

geise69
May 29th, 2008, 13:03
The specs for the game 3d wise are pretty high. It would be hard to have it even look remotely as good as it does in the arcade. I'm really glad it's coming to PC since i just built a new machine and don't have a ps3 or 360 yet. I do have a wii haha, but I wasn't ever expecting it to be on the wii so I'm happy with a PC port. PS3 is great as well since I'll have one before the end of the year. Ever since I saw screens of the arcade version I have been really excited. I really like the art style. A lot of SF fans hate it, but wtf do they expect. They are trying to evolve street fighter but still satisfy it's core fanbase. I think they are doing an amazing job and are definitely going in the right direction. I have heard a lot of good things about it from japan. It's getting good reviews. I just wish there were a few more characters like in the alpha/zero games. That would take a hell of a lot more time though since it's 3d now instead of 2d. Haha they can't just steal sprites anymore. Hopefully the home ports will have a few extras. This is going to be very exciting.

paladinja
May 29th, 2008, 15:46
I found the answer to the countdown mystery. I'm not sure if it's cool to link to other news sites, so Mods: do what you will with this:

http://www.developmag.com/press-releases/37384/FIRST-STREET-FIGHTER-IV-COMMERCIAL-TO-AIR-DURING-CBS-ELITEXC-SATURDAY-NIGHT-FIGHTS-MIXED-MARTIAL-ARTS-MMA-EVENT

Napalm-Death
May 29th, 2008, 16:28
None of you could possibly understand how much this means to me and all other truly wise men.

I understand but I'm not sure that I want to. I'm just waiting for other 2D fighters that are supposed to come out later on.

paladinja
May 29th, 2008, 20:53
Oh you want to, yoooou want to.
hahaha

I'm curious what "other" 2D fighters you're waiting for...? SF5: the 3D iteration of SF3 perhaps? (I'd crap right in my pants to play that one, on purpose & no questions asked)

I've been enjoying SNK's Battle Coliseum & KOF XI quite a bit, but they'll become little more than glorified drink-coasters, when SF4 comes out.

seiryuken
May 29th, 2008, 21:13
DAM good to see im not the only street fighter fanatic around here, i challenge you all to this fight. im gana kick my friends ass like i always do with KEN. best chain combo character there is.

paladinja
May 29th, 2008, 22:11
Yo if they make Guile right, you'll never touch him while I'm in control, and you gotta get that first hit in to start your combos.
Hahaha, Gadamit I hope they support bluetooth headsets for smacktalkin.

Napalm-Death
May 29th, 2008, 22:31
Oh you want to, yoooou want to.
hahaha

I'm curious what "other" 2D fighters you're waiting for...? SF5: the 3D iteration of SF3 perhaps? (I'd crap right in my pants to play that one, on purpose & no questions asked)

I've been enjoying SNK's Battle Coliseum & KOF XI quite a bit, but they'll become little more than glorified drink-coasters, when SF4 comes out.

BlazBlue, KOF XII, Battle Fantasia, the next Guilty Gear (which'll hopefully be X3), Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (PSP version), and Arcana Heart 2. I'm sure that I'm forgetting some, but these are pretty much what I'm waiting for.

I'm not really much of an SF fan anymore, but I'll still get SF4 on release day.

Right now I'm just playing Guilty Gear XX #Reload online, Accent Core and Arcana Heart. I can't wait for my copy of Battle Fantasia to come in.

Baboon
May 30th, 2008, 16:33
Streetfighter has always been the ultimate fighter!

I’ve followed the series closely since Streetfighter 1 hit the arcade many moons ago! lol ...and my brothers an even more hardcore streetfighter fan as he owns a few arcade jamma (and candy cabs) machines and has got quite a few variations in streetfighter pcb’s (Xmen Vs SF, Hsf2, marvel Vs capcom, champion etc etc). Everytime I go round his house its like reliving my misspent youth in the arcades as a kid. :)

I can’t wait for this next instalment - it looks like theyve kept it quite faithful to the original series too! ...but the street fighter 2 HD remix will keep my busy until this beaut is out! :)

Shoryuken!

paladinja
May 30th, 2008, 20:16
I hadn't known about blazeBlue (cool, but hope it has more than 10 characters) or Battle fantasia (crazy animation, it's 3d right? I hope it's not as much of a bitchslap-jugglefest as the fight I saw a vid of) Thanks for the heads up. I played Arcana heart in a Japanese arcade when I was there last year, but the PS2 version has yet to really get me hooked. You like it better than battle coliseum & KOFXI? If so I'll invest more time into it.
Thnx Bronx

Baboon, let's battle online (if you're the PS3 sort) when's HD out?

Baboon
May 30th, 2008, 20:32

The SF2 HD beta is out soon which is supposed to come bundled with the new Commando game on Live (and I assume PSN?)... problem is I sold my soul to the devil and I'm Bill Gates biatch cause I've got a 360 - so there will be no battles for you and I. :(

paladinja
June 2nd, 2008, 15:19
Oh well, have fun rockin-out on that fisher-price controller. (jk, sort of). ;}

Do you mean SFHD is bundled with the bionic commando retro-remake? I had read that both that AND SFHD had to get special clearance due to their larger-than-normally-allowed file size. I wonder if each is large or if they were simply large together... either way, both are in charge.

Napalm-Death
June 2nd, 2008, 16:40
I hadn't known about blazeBlue (cool, but hope it has more than 10 characters) or Battle fantasia (crazy animation, it's 3d right? I hope it's not as much of a bitchslap-jugglefest as the fight I saw a vid of) Thanks for the heads up. I played Arcana heart in a Japanese arcade when I was there last year, but the PS2 version has yet to really get me hooked. You like it better than battle coliseum & KOFXI? If so I'll invest more time into it.
Thnx Bronx

Please don't call me Bronx.

BlazBlue will more than likely only have 10 characters as that's about average for the first fighter in any series (that isn't team-based). I have NGBC but I rarely play it; so yeah, I like it Arcana Heart better than KOF XI and NGBC. Battle Fantasia features 3D characters but the gameplay is strictly 2D, thus making it a 2.5D game. The thing about Arc System Works' games is that they're usually big on combos, which causes you to put more time into learning combos or ways to escape them.

If you want to play HD with me whenever it finally comes out, I'll play. SF2 will always be my favorite SF game. lol

paladinja
June 3rd, 2008, 20:24
Haha, sorry Mr.Death sir.

YO!!! CHECK OUT THE NEW CHARACTERS SHOWN ON THE JAPANESE SF4 SITE TODAY!!!!

http://www.capcom.co.jp/sf4/ac1.html

wussup popcorn man? awesome, that's what.
Oh snap AND NEW GUILE VIDEO!!!

Baboon
June 4th, 2008, 16:01
Oh well, have fun rockin-out on that fisher-price controller. (jk, sort of). ;}

lol

Yeah the 360 one is shite, I've got the official arcade stick though and that does a sterling job. :) ...Aparently Capcom have been doing all the testing for this game using the 360's arcade stick too!

Capcom are just teasing us though by releasing information on this game when its not even going to be released till Feb 2009 for consoles. :(

Baboon
June 5th, 2008, 10:10
Sorry for double post but I just read this from CVG regarding the game:

Street Fighter IV producer Yoshinori has revealed that animated cutscenes will accompany every playable character.

Whilst Street Fighter II featured still frames at the end of the game, Yoshinori confirmed to Kotaku that this was only due to budget constrictions.

In comparison, the latest game will be packed with cinematic endings to be produced by a famous anime studio. Yoshinori declined to say who.

These cutscenes will also only be included within the console version of the game. Arcade players won't get to see them, nor will they get to play the car and barrel destruction bonus levels that will be in the home edition.

Putting the final nail in the coffin for the arcade cabinet (we're definitely not buying one now) for us is that Capcom has also confirmed it plans to ship an "arcade perfect" controller in time for the PC and console ports. Wicked.

It will possibly be bundled with the game too, so really the very idea of going to the Trocadero and pumping pound after pound into a cabinet doesn't just seem wasteful. It's now nonsensical.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190170

:)

Napalm-Death
June 5th, 2008, 15:23
It will possibly be bundled with the game too

Well, if that's true then I hope it's optional because I don't want/need another stick unless...y'know...:rofl:

geise69
June 11th, 2008, 19:50
Well if my usb Saturn controller will work with the PC version that is all I need. That controller hands down has the best D-Pad for fighting games.