PDA

View Full Version : VBA 1.7.2 Updated - GBA Emulator for Nintendo Wii & Gamecube

wraggster
May 28th, 2008, 23:02
Emu_kidid (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&threadid=7421)has tonight released a new version of the GBA Emulator for both the Nintendo Gamecube and Nintendo Wii, heres whats new:

Wii Port
* Wiimote / Classic Controller / Gamecube Pad support
* Front-SD ROM Loading
* Front-SD SRAM Saving and Loading
* MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
* In-game Menu with ability to exit to loader (Home button)
* Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
GC Port
* SDGecko ROM Loading
* SDGecko SRAM Saving and Loading
* In-game Menu with ability to exit to loader (X+Y)
* Auto frame skip to give you the illusion of full FPS

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

Jay6
May 28th, 2008, 23:45
Yay. I may try Fire Emblem first just to test it.

marcotf10
May 29th, 2008, 00:11
Is anyone turning this into a .Wad? I think it's a heck easier to use but I lack to knowledge to do it myself

Vernonjr
May 29th, 2008, 00:15
marc, how do you load homebrew usually? do you use the homebrew channel or launcher? or do you always run through twilight princess? because .elf through homebrew channel has to be the easiest way i think

mooseknuckle2000
May 29th, 2008, 00:23
Vernonjr, I think he wants to be able to install the emu as its own channel which would be easier to load, but I like having the slick homebrew channel.

Vernonjr
May 29th, 2008, 00:34
seems to be pretty nice, emulation is running fairly well. itll be nice when the gui comes a long a little bit. Theres hardly one here at all. Anyways, definitly has a lot of potential.

marcotf10
May 29th, 2008, 00:57
Well, I prefer having each of my homebrew in a different channel. Homebrew channel doesn't work 100% perfect yet for me so i'll stick to .wad until it's fixed.

jordan4peace
May 29th, 2008, 01:06
Well, I prefer having each of my homebrew in a different channel. Homebrew channel doesn't work 100% perfect yet for me so i'll stick to .wad until it's fixed.

I prefer having the homebrew channel instead of different channels because i save a ton of memory that way. Instead of saving all that homebrew on my wii i can just run all of it off a SD Card :thumbup: Homebrew Channel FTW

marcotf10
May 29th, 2008, 01:25
I prefer having the homebrew channel instead of different channels because i save a ton of memory that way. Instead of saving all that homebrew on my wii i can just run all of it off a SD Card :thumbup: Homebrew Channel FTW

Well, this is kind of irrelevant, most emulator takes about 15-30 blocks max, it doesn't mean a lot

J_Hibiki
May 29th, 2008, 01:36
Well, this is kind of irrelevant, most emulator takes about 15-30 blocks max, it doesn't mean a lot

Yeah the emulator might not take up a lot of space but think if you have 40 or 50 SNES games then you start talking about a lot of space yes?

marcotf10
May 29th, 2008, 01:51
Yeah the emulator might not take up a lot of space but think if you have 40 or 50 SNES games then you start talking about a lot of space yes?

Not at all, your games are stored on your Sd cards, as is your saves. It's only the 15 block emulator that is actually stored on your wii. I actually use like 75 blocks with all my emulator.

Auriono
May 29th, 2008, 03:17
Is it normal for the emulator to suddenly jump in speed occasionally for a second? I know it's not like that on my PC....oh well, this is better than what I can do.

Ah never mind, it's the auto framerate skip..

rybqdt
May 29th, 2008, 03:19
Very much appreciated emu. Works great, although the sound skips while playing Rhythm Tengoku. Otherwise great, though.

Brandon72196
May 30th, 2008, 20:30
I would like a version or option to turn off auto frame skip...Its annoying..

Chrono0001
May 31st, 2008, 14:58
Is anyone else getting errors everytime they try to save?<_<

integral
June 5th, 2008, 14:29
thx works great

whYeNQue
June 5th, 2008, 19:50
metroid: zero mission has lots of slow down and speed up problems... only tested a few, seem fine.

erickslipkorn
June 6th, 2008, 16:05
i'm having a few problems with this emulator

1:GC controler doesnt work on games, just work on the game selection menu
2:it saves states, but... where is the option to load those saves?

the rest is fine, the games i wanted are working (just Breath of fire that gets a little annoying with the auto frame skip xD)

btw, thnx for the post and the emu ^^

Auriono
June 7th, 2008, 05:13
Saving is currently impossible in Pokemon Fire Red.

DethBrock
October 19th, 2008, 08:48
I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my emulator, but when I try to play Mother 3, it frame-skips like mad, and I have little-to-no control over what the cursor does when I'm trying to enter my name... Also, I'm not sure any buttons other than the Start, X, and Y buttons on my GCN controller work with this emulator. I've tried other controllers as well, just to be sure. It works fine on my computer though. Is it my ROM? Or rather, is it just this game in general? Nobody else seems to be having quite the same problems I'm having.

XXXW0
October 19th, 2008, 23:17
I'm not exactly sure what's going on with my emulator, but when I try to play Mother 3, it frame-skips like mad, and I have little-to-no control over what the cursor does when I'm trying to enter my name... Also, I'm not sure any buttons other than the Start, X, and Y buttons on my GCN controller work with this emulator. I've tried other controllers as well, just to be sure. It works fine on my computer though. Is it my ROM? Or rather, is it just this game in general? Nobody else seems to be having quite the same problems I'm having.

Man, you should know that the analog stick on the gcn controller has issues with this version of VBA. Or rather (in soviet russia) the version of VBA has issues with the analog stick on the gcn controller. Use the wiimote or don't play Grrrrrrrrrrrr.....