PDA

View Full Version : VBA 1.7.2 29/05/08 - GBA Emulator for Nintendo Wii & Gamecube

wraggster
May 29th, 2008, 06:42
emu_kidid (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7421) has released yet another new version of the GBA Emulator for Gamecube and Wii, heres the details:

I didn't anticipate that the Wii would run VBA so fast so in my initial release I had vsync disabled and frameskip was supposed to handle things. Anyway, please grab a updated build to fix the "too fast" issues. "noframeskip" version may run a little too slow but won't have speed-up/down moments and "frameksip" version should run pretty accurately. Also I fixed the saving and not being able to return to the game issue.

Download and give feedback via comments

domthegod
May 29th, 2008, 11:01
Is there a emulator pack for wii .......... For the wii homebrew channel?

misticknight
May 29th, 2008, 12:35
....it's in the zip file.

shishioh
May 29th, 2008, 18:27
Thanks \for the emu...

I have a few quick questions for you.

I was wondering is it possible for 2 players and can I remap my buttons for my Classic controllers to a four button layout.

Please respond.

kingslime80
May 29th, 2008, 20:05
Is anyone else getting the problem where you get random directional input from the gamecube control on the Wii? Is there a fix for this? Could it just be that I'm using the older channel? (the new one makes it impossible to play my nes and snes emulators.)

spider2745
May 29th, 2008, 20:22
Same problem here thought something was wrong with
my wavebird then used my old wired controller again same problem
using the new homebrew channel so it's not a problem with the channel
but with the emulator

as for the snes and nes emulators
lopst version 3.0 works great with the new homebrew channel
and as for the nes emulator just use it though one of elf loaders
sd elf/homebrew launcher and it works i use that for fceu and rin for wii

glenmcfar
May 29th, 2008, 21:31
First post - please be gentle... :confused:

Just wanted to add that I'm getting wonky gamecube controllers too. Checked three controllers before I had the thought to check another app...

Glen.

kingslime80
May 29th, 2008, 22:00
Apparently it's the programming, my guess is that the joystick sensitivity is not on par with the other programs. Now THAT'S irritating.

PhoenixML
May 30th, 2008, 05:46
This is great news! Looking great so far.

Just wanted to know what was going on with the colors?

kingslime80
May 30th, 2008, 06:03
New version uploaded on the link from Kid_Emu's name at the top of the post. It SHOULD fix the GC pad problems.

justinswood
May 30th, 2008, 08:17
Quick question.

I'm using a classic controller and can't figure out how to get back to the rom selection screen after you have started a game.

Is this possible?

Its probably right in front of my eyes but can't see it!:o

Sir_Voe
May 30th, 2008, 08:23
Quick question.

I'm using a classic controller and can't figure out how to get back to the rom selection screen after you have started a game.

Is this possible?

Its probably right in front of my eyes but can't see it!:o

Not possible yet.

evilmarc
May 30th, 2008, 10:23
Where are the save files stored?

kingslime80
May 30th, 2008, 16:29
Roms go in VBA/Roms.
Saves go in VBA/saves.
The Bios (if you have it) goes in VBA/bios as bios.gba
by the way, I just tried the new version and it seems to work fine. The only thing is I can't load my earlier Sword of Mana game, but I was near the beginning anyways. :)

Nintendog66
May 30th, 2008, 17:25
Can someone upload the new version on rapidshare or megaupload? cos tehskeen is having problems right now with their servers and i can't download it from there.

kingslime80
May 30th, 2008, 17:54
Here's the new version for those who can't get it, but please try to download it from the original source if you can.

Baboon
May 30th, 2008, 17:55
Can someone upload the new version on rapidshare or megaupload? cos tehskeen is having problems right now with their servers and i can't download it from there.

I second that! :thumbup: ...or even just upload it to dcemu?

kingslime80
May 30th, 2008, 18:03
See my post above, Baboon. :)

Baboon
May 30th, 2008, 18:04
See my post above, Baboon. :)

Cheers fella. :thumbup:

Nintendog66
May 30th, 2008, 18:15
Thanks guys! This one works perfectly!:thumbup:

shishioh
June 1st, 2008, 13:33
Please respond.
Thanks for the emu...

I was wondering is it possible for 2 players and can I remap my buttons for my Classic controllers to a four button layout.

Please respond.

kingslime80
June 1st, 2008, 15:53
Please respond.
Thanks for the emu...

Please respond.

Though this is the older build I;ll answer anyways:
2 players is not possible at this time, it might never be, and currently re-mapping is not supported.
Sorry.

Tylon
June 18th, 2008, 16:42
I can't download it for some reason, It just prompts me to login, and when I type in my nic and pass it happends again, and again...

NegFactor
June 23rd, 2008, 22:30
Just wondering if someone can clarify...

I noted that loading GBA saves is fine, but I can't seem to load regular GB saves properly. Does VBA not support GB/GBC saves? I basically can save a file, reset the game and still load it successfully, but if I go back to the HBC or turn off my system or whatnot, it no longer can reload that file upon booting of VBA again when I reload said rom.

davidw89
June 24th, 2008, 06:16
Eh black border line ..need fix..
http://thumbnails6.imagebam.com/824/27ba458238775.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/27ba458238775) http://thumbnails6.imagebam.com/824/de55b68238776.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/de55b68238776)