PDA

View Full Version : Service mode problem

FilthyGnome
May 29th, 2008, 11:11
I accidentally bricked my psp when i was installing a firmware and i had a low battery. I was charging it while it was installing, but once the installation had finished, i pulled out the ac plug. But when it restarted it wasn't working.

I tried everything to fix it, and eventually entered the internet to find out how to fix it. I've found a lot of things, all suggesting that i had bricked my psp.

However, i realised that just because it was bricked didn't mean it was all screwed. I found some people talking about pandora's battery and whatnot, and instead of buying one and going through all the hassle of doing it myself, i thought to buy one online.

I found one on Amazon, but it wasn't a pandora's battery, but one that was similar (or so it said). The tool was basically a thing where you plugin the normal psp battery, click a button and it'd put it into service mode. You would then put it back into the psp and voila, your psp is in service mode.

Currently when i put the battery into service mode and plug it into the psp, the green button comes on and stays on for a loooong time. There's nothing on the screen. I thought it was some sort of mistake, however, emailing the makers told me that it was meant to do that, and that they couldn't tell me how to actually go about fixing it, possibly suggesting that it'd be illegal for them to tell me so.

So now i'm confused. What do i do know? I've read guides here saying "Press X/Y/L+R+Triangle" or whatever, and having tried all those, nothing except the green battery changes. After i press X/Y how long does the installation take?

And how to go about fixing it? If anyone knows =/ :(

jamotto
May 29th, 2008, 16:37
You need a battery that will allow the PSP to enter service mode and you need a memory stick that contains everything needed to unbrick the PSP.

Take a look at these tutorials [GUIDE]{ANY PSP}Pandora Universal Unbricker and 3.80 M33 Installer (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=86997) or any other guides in that part of the forum.

FilthyGnome
May 29th, 2008, 18:15
Ah, but the problem is i don't have a memory stick with the necessary stuff. And i don't have an extra psp, nor do any of my close friends have a psp... Also, since i can't connect the psp to the computer via USB, i can't put anything into it either =/

So what to do?
There is an ebay auction for a 512 memory stick to unbrick it, but i'm not sure i want to fork money over for it =/
Specially if it's something i can do easily, for free.

jamotto
May 29th, 2008, 19:26
Well if you had a memory card reader or some other way to access the memorystick, you could try the few magic memorystick makers that did not need a PSP. I could never get them to work, but otherwise you either will take your chances with e-bay or send your unit back to Sony if your still have warranty coverage.