PDA

View Full Version : Wii's Nintendo Channel set to launch

Shrygue
May 29th, 2008, 18:44
via Games Industry (http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/wii-s-nintendo-channel-set-to-launch)

Nintendo has announced that the Wii's Nintendo Channel is set to launch in Europe and Australia tomorrow.

The channel will be free of charge and available through the Wii Shop Channel. On it, gamers will be able to watch videos, search for games, access downloadable demos for their Nintendo DS and recommend games.

"By accessing Nintendo Channel, you will be kept up-to-date on all the latest information for past, present and future games on all Nintendo platforms," the said in a statement.

The launch of the Nintendo Channel follows on from that of WiiWare, also available through the Wii Shop Channel, which launched earlier this month.

____anders____
May 29th, 2008, 23:07
awesome!

i've been waiting for this one a long time.

gamesquest1
May 30th, 2008, 02:40
Got the Nintendo Channel be warned it collects your recently played information off the message board including your homebrew channel and any other channels you may not want nintendo to know about so just incase this is a way of detecting hombrew users do not agree to the data sharing section other than that nothing to worry about

Oh and BTW there is nothing really on it just adverts no demos or games lol

BlueMonkey
May 30th, 2008, 02:57
Got the Nintendo Channel be warned it collects your recently played information off the message board including your homebrew channel and any other channels you may not want nintendo to know about so just incase this is a way of detecting hombrew users do not agree to the data sharing section other than that nothing to worry about

There are DS demos, and you can't get into the channel without sharing data as far as I know.

tehnoir
May 30th, 2008, 03:01

If I recall correctly, it also says something along the lines of it not tying that information to your or your Wii; just using it for general statistics.

masterchief929
May 30th, 2008, 03:09
the nintendo channel is easy! i am not going to download it becuz i think ninty could use it to gather info about ur wii and possibly send a brick in the form of an update to ur wii console.

BlueMonkey
May 30th, 2008, 03:19
the nintendo channel is easy! i am not going to download it becuz i think ninty could use it to gather info about ur wii and possibly send a brick in the form of an update to ur wii console.
There is as much chance to that as the Mii Channel bricking your Wii. It's a software mod, not a hardware mod. And as far as we know, Nintendo can't do much about this without us seeing it coming.

____anders____
May 30th, 2008, 10:48
There is as much chance to that as the Mii Channel bricking your Wii. It's a software mod, not a hardware mod. And as far as we know, Nintendo can't do much about this without us seeing it coming.

yeah, you're right, they can't brick your wii, they would be sued a million times if they do that, BUT they can however block you from playing over WFC, or block you from accessing the internet on your wii until you remove the modification (modchip or even the HBC if they don't like that we're using it).

gamesquest1
May 30th, 2008, 16:09
If I recall correctly, it also says something along the lines of it not tying that information to your or your Wii; just using it for general statistics.

It says unless you link your credit card to your wii account which means they can identify your wii and any cards connected to it by not identify you they mean you as a preson not the console which could easily be banned if you have channels they didnt supply you with as they will know you are using the console for no intended usage or some crap to be safe i recommend deleting all your wii message board crap before installing and once installed i know there is a feature to disable information sharing

KristenBaldousor
May 30th, 2008, 17:38
I don't mind em knowing i'm using the HBC, let em know there is people willing to program for the Wii without gaining profit of their work that doesn't have the money to get their SDK.

Any one know where I can find a tutorial of how to program for the Wii and such, i'm getting of school this semester and now that'll be free on the afternoon (I work in the morning full time) i'm wiling to develop a engine to make game like Zelda using the Wii capabilities, but as I can't afford the SDK for the Wii, i wanna use the HBC instead

andytjm
May 30th, 2008, 20:29
I doubt ninty will do shit about the HBC, I mean they fixed a guys wii that had a modchip in it I doubt they'll do anything to us with an unofficial channel on it!

icecoolwas
May 30th, 2008, 22:16
I agreed to that thingy, i also have the homestew channel, they cant do a flying s**t about me using it.

btw im going to use the homebrew channel for an hour and then give feedback for it, lol.