PDA

View Full Version : DS VoIP

Fredgoobus
May 29th, 2008, 19:24
This would be extremely awesome. Now, I don't know what DS capabilities are usable, and this idea is so ridiculous it'd take more than one person to get it working. But it's a good idea. I know I'd love to use my DS for voice chat. Ya know, kinda like skype. I don't know if wifi capabilities are usable, but it would be incredibly ingenious to be able to talk to my friends while having my hands free for other uses... If it were officially developed by nintendo, it would be cool to have your ds card be your username... then you pop it in and it signs on. I think it would be awesome. And, if you don't feel like talking, you could just do chat a la Pictochat. OOH, and if it were possible, you could use the DS camera for video conferencing. It'd be a heckuva project... but a cool one... the main problem, I'd guess, would be the network...

Shaun-E
May 30th, 2008, 01:48
Pretty sure this has been done. There's WiFiVoiceChat but I think there's also an actual VoIP program.

Fredgoobus
May 30th, 2008, 02:07
Where would I find these? Hmm... I guess I'll need a flashcart, didn't expect it to exist!

DanTheManMS
June 2nd, 2008, 07:20
WifiVoiceChat works if both of you are running the program at the same time. SVSIP lets you call actual landline phones but you must have an SIP provider first. VoipBuster gives you a few calls for free for their trial, so you can just keep signing up for new accounts. Not really a replacement for a cell phone, but a fun toy nonetheless.