PDA

View Full Version : DS Game Maker

wraggster
May 29th, 2008, 21:23
DS Game Maker improves on the powerful engine of XtenDS providing a fast, clean and useful environment for developing DS Games. Not only can you visually piece together characters, scenes, and scoring, you can add Wifi, Rumble and sound without having to know any programming!

Unlike any other program of it's kind, DS Game Maker has a comprehensive manual which will set you on the track of making great DS Games. And when you think your game is good, you can upload it to the dsgamemaker.com community for others to play.

With DS Game Maker
Visually plot and organize sprites in the room designer
Add a vast range of actions to your game, including basic 3D support
Customize the whole development experience
Share your games with the dsgamemaker.com community

http://www.dsgamemaker.com/index.php

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

masterchief929
May 29th, 2008, 22:17
this looks pretty cool! finally someone comes out with another useful app. this is the first good homebrew app (besides iFile) since months ago.

EDIT: it doesn't even have a tutorial

Nequissime
May 30th, 2008, 05:35
this looks pretty cool! finally someone comes out with another useful app. this is the first good homebrew app (besides iFile) since months ago.

EDIT: it doesn't even have a tutorial

If you want too learn how to use it, try the tutorials for the original Game Maker. The applications are not exactly the same, but you can get the basic hang of the DS Game Maker from it.

wabsta
May 30th, 2008, 07:16
Err, is this just the same as xtenDS?

JUSTiNB
May 30th, 2008, 07:36
Here's one, it was kinda hidden.

http://www.dsgamemaker.com/manual.pdf

Looks like a really cool app! And at 10 dollars, it's not a bad price for access to the other features. Might as well, I like playing around with these kinds of programs :)

And yeah, it looks like it was previously XtenDS. Probably just changed the name to make it more self explanatory. There's a much larger forum at http://www.invisionsoft.co.uk/forum/ than the new one also

smileyreilly
May 31st, 2008, 17:36
ok so i installed it launched it and a pop-up well... popped-up and said
"the application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135. click on OK to terminate the application"
what did i do rong?

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 18:08
thnx for the tutorial. i probably wont be able to mess around with this week though becuz i have finals. :/

Tripsk8er333
June 1st, 2008, 04:12
Is there any chance of a Linux Version. It kinda works with WINE, but it has problems.

Thanks in advance!

Invisionsoft
June 25th, 2008, 22:34
This app heavily relies on the Windows API and command prompt functions, so running it through Wine alone isn't going to be the best option (plus it needs the .NET framework). Try Mono, that might get you on the right tracks.

Anyways, the DSGM forum now has more posts than the Invisionsoft.co.uk XtenDS one. So you're more likely to find your solutions there.

And also, there are changes between XtenDS and DSGM. Of course the branding is one, the other is the ability to upload to the website.

I'm 14 now. W00t.

- James

fg-54
June 26th, 2008, 06:22
great! thanks for the tutorial!