PDA

View Full Version : Smarcyclem V.23

wraggster
May 29th, 2008, 21:56
News/release from Crait:

Have you ever wanted to play Smart Cycle on the go? Well, now you can thanks to this awesome emulator!!

The controls are simple when the emulator is running a rom...
= The D-Pad controls the Analog Stick
= The Nub controls the direction of the Handle Bars
= Square is the Right Handle Bar Button
= Circle is the Left Handle Bar Button
= R speeds up the peddleing
**(To use the other three keys, hold L and press Square, Cross, or Circle)
Other controls include...
= Select is emulator menu
= Start is pause or freeze (even if the game does not include pausing)
These are the controls for ROM selection...
= Arrows control the selection
= Cross selects that ROM and runs it
= Start Exits

Downloading and installation is simple!
Place the EBOOT.PBP, ENGINE0.NE, and all ROMS under MS0:/PSP/GAME/SMARCYCLEM/ then go to the XMB and select the game!
Smarcyclem V. 0.23 is fullspeed and runs all valid SC ROMS. There are still some bugs and two of the games do not have working audio at this time. This emulator is also compatable with Slim and Original PSP systems.

Download & Give Feedback Via Comments

via crait (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-smarcyclem-v23-smart-cycle-emulator-140719.html)

gelon
May 29th, 2008, 23:07
Well it seems that this is not real (fake in other words) because there is no roms of this ... machine? and he said that "dont ask 4 roms, dump yourself" well ... there is no dumper hardware indeed

This autor have only developed a simply pixelfixer software before, so i dont think that he have enought idea to develop a emulator

To finish ... there is no emulator on PC or other platform ... PSP the first? i dont think so ...

crait
May 29th, 2008, 23:33
Well it seems that this is not real (fake in other words) because there is no roms of this ... machine? and he said that "dont ask 4 roms, dump yourself" well ... there is no dumper hardware indeed

This autor have only developed a simply pixelfixer software before, so i dont think that he have enought idea to develop a emulator

To finish ... there is no emulator on PC or other platform ... PSP the first? i dont think so ...

No, actually, I released Pixer Fixer about a year and a half ago. Before you start saying I don't know how to code anything, keep in mind the PSP uses the same techniques to code with as any other computer system. Just because I took a break releasing applications for the PSP doesn't mean that I stopped coding for the computer or PSP. I've made 4 or 5 other programs that I haven't released because I want to release a pack of about 10 at one time.

And by the way, there is always ways of dumping ROM's from games that use cartridges. Just because there isn't any kind you can buy online or at stores doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I said, "Please do not ask me for any ROMS or ISOS" because I don't give people links to ROM's or ISO's. I don't feel like helping piracy. But if you want to look them up, really easily, then go ahead and do it. There's tons of websites that I know of that have ROM's for game systems like this.

And please, Wally, I released this only on the PSPBREW.COM and QJ.NET forums so I would avoid idiots like gelon trying to call me out and say I'm a lier without even downloading the emulator.
When I'm ready, I'll create an official thread with pictures and actually looks nice to release it on this forum.
And please note that my name does not have a capital letter in it. The 'C' in my name is supposed to be lowered case.
> http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-smarcyclem-v23-smart-cycle-emulator-140719.html
> http://pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11956&highlight=

gelon
May 30th, 2008, 16:55
Hey, easy man, it was just my opinion

I've downloaded the "emulator" and well .. i run it, it just a simple menu (obviusly)

As said ... i will wait for psp-video, screenshot can be dumped by any video-input on PC and video too

If its real, thanks 4 it, but i think the same as said before

Show me the dumping hardware please, i really want to watch one

jamotto
May 30th, 2008, 17:41
Well thanks for the unusual emulator. I would think this would defeat the whole purpose of the original machine though.

diablo67
June 3rd, 2008, 13:38
you guys dont appreciate anything do ya.dude is developing new programs for the psp and all you guys can do is complain,no wonder he keeps his programs to limited sites.