PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland Paris - Wonderful Changes On The Way To Phantom Manor and More

wraggster
June 4th, 2018, 20:25
Wow! Big news came from Disneyland Paris today as WDI's Tom Fitzgerald announced at an Imagineering panel that as part of the renovation to the park's Phantom Manor, they will be bringing back some of the original narration for the ride recorded by Hollywood horror legend Vincent Price when it reopens this fall. Many MANY years ago I purchased a Haunted Mansion anniversary CD sold at Disneyland, and I'm not sure if they still sell it or not, but it contained the Vincent Price edition of the Phantom Manor as a bonus track. It is as fantastic as you think it would be, I love the idea of it being returned to the attraction in some fashion.
In addition, there will be some extras and enhancements added to the attraction, including one that will apparently solve the mystery of exactly WHO the mysterious Phantom is. Also worth mentioning is that guests can look for a "MagicPass" system to arrive in Paris for limited testing starting this summer ahead of a full roll out in 2019. The MagicPass system will be a card based version the Walt Disney World FastPass+ / MagicBand system, but Paris has no plans to roll out MagicBands themselves and will stick with the card based system only, much like the Disneyland Resort in California.
Speaking of new technology additions, you can also expect to have both Paris theme parks covered by free WiFi network access by mid-2019.