PDA

View Full Version : Intelligence Group Mistakes Fallout 3 Screens For Terrorist Propaganda

Shrygue
May 30th, 2008, 21:48
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5011913/intelligence-group-mistakes-fallout-3-screens-for-terrorist-propaganda)

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/05/fallout3wash.jpg

Bethesda's post-nuclear visions for Fallout 3 are apparently so intense that an intelligence services contractor called SITE Intel Group thought that they were images of al Qaeda terrorist fantasies for the fate of Washington.

According to the UK Telegraph, SITE found the Fallout 3 images in a video called "Nuclear Jihad: The Ultimate Terror," posted on two possibly al Qaeda-affiliated, password-protected websites, where it also gleaned chat logs from users discussing nuclear attacks on the West.

SITE primarily monitors possible terrorist communications, activity and propaganda for government, business and media clients. We've contacted them to ask about the mix-up and have not yet received reply. We've also contacted Bethesda to see how they feel about their game images possibly being used as propaganda by terrorists, and are awaiting comment.

In an ironic twist, by the way, SITE is based in Bethesda, MD.

devdj
May 30th, 2008, 23:38
now if this was a real photo it would be awesome

warsaw
May 30th, 2008, 23:57
It does show that Fallout 3 is shaping up to be an awesome game!

davidcrew
May 31st, 2008, 00:00
if it tricked those people, the graphics must be nice.

Elven6
May 31st, 2008, 01:20
if it tricked those people, the graphics must be nice.

Their not graphics, it's just concept art.

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 01:24

That would not be cool at all u retard. think of all the ppl that would be killed.

Sp3ct0r
May 31st, 2008, 03:10
That would not be cool at all u retard. think of all the ppl that would be killed.

looks pretty cool to me lol.

Mazu
May 31st, 2008, 03:50
The picture is cool. I believe the original poster (Devdj) would like the aforementioned picture to be a reality...

Voorhees
May 31st, 2008, 06:21

Watch yourself, "SITE" could be reading this!!! (joke)

This kind of news is a joke, they should have done a little deeper research.
This also really shows how intelligent our intelligence groups are.

People getting busted, they get their resources cutoff.
Just because of mistakes like this.

Well i'm not gonna start a debate. So i'm just going to make my other, more important, opinion heard.

The opinion follows: "I'm REALLY looking forward to Fallout 3, and i'm REALLY going to buy the game. Without reading articles about it or playing an eventual demo.

With all that said, i'll say PEACE OUT Y'ALL :cool:

Cloudhunter
May 31st, 2008, 12:06
This also really shows how intelligent our intelligence groups are.

People getting busted, they get their resources cutoff.
Just because of mistakes like this.

What mistake? They saw these pictures in a propaganda video if you'll read the article, never mind that they're from a game.

Cloudy

Spotfist
May 31st, 2008, 14:46
haha fantastic! I can't wait for the day I hear that al Qaeda are training millitants with Call of Duty 4! Perhaps practising the getaway in GTA4 and then meeting afterwords on PS3 home to talk chat and play pool hehe even better when the al Qaeda leaders complain that there millitants never go out any more and are ignoring there girlfriends so they can stay home drinking while playing burnout with there mates hahaha perhaps then they will see what most westerners think about war i.e "A complete waste of time unless it's on the PS3 and I can blow my best friends face off for fun" ;)

Of course we all know that my statment would never come true... The way things are going Home will never get released on the PS3 hehehe :D

Voorhees
May 31st, 2008, 15:05
What mistake? They saw these pictures in a propaganda video if you'll read the article, never mind that they're from a game.

Cloudy

It was a bad example. I always read the article before i post. I don't think SITE "intel" group will find the terrorists chatting on MSN or something, and they are not busting the right people so that proves looking for them on the net is not the best idea. I bet they just googled "terrorism" or something ;P SITE could at least give us an answer. Damn jerk groups, they were PASSWORD protected, and a password is created for one damn purpose, to NOT let in all people, SITE just waaaalk right in anyway, like they own it all. I HATE all these fuc*ing Intel groups, assuming everone and everything is terrorists or terrorism.

P.S: If anyone is going to try starting somekind of debate with me, i'm not answering. All smart people know that internet debates doesn't lead anywhere, because both parties are always "right".
And the goal of them is to change the other one's opinion, and no one is willing to change in a battle of honor.

Soooo peace out.

despoteuodia
May 31st, 2008, 16:44
Hmm... time to start homeland security training... (rainbow six vegas). ^^

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 18:21
meh... i think it looks like a good game... IM STARTING A DEBATE RIGHT HERE! RIGHT NOW! (joke) lol

John Vattic
June 1st, 2008, 10:44
isn't it scary that these idiots thought that was their own handiwork.

ALL terrorist actions are directed by cia, mossad, kgb, or even executive levels of governments. Thinking there are people out there who want to kill us is partly correct, however you need to read books to find out governments and intelligence agencies are the ones who kill people.

after all they made the xx4 games for you. (cod4 gta4<----code for training programs) and chances are this game is made by intelligence agencies.

This just may be their sick way of advertising their work.

shanon
September 30th, 2008, 08:21
There was NEVER greater danger for European and American population from attacks of Islam fundamentalist SUICIDE BOMBERS. This is a direct result of the West taking sides in the civil wars of ex-Yugoslavia.Here is what Mr. Bodansky, world renowned expert on terrorism and Director of Research of the International Strategic Studies Association and also Director of the Congressional Task Force on Terrorism and Unconventional Warfare of the US House of Representatives, has to say in his recently published book.
---------------------------
shanon

Guaranteed ROI (http://www.drivenwide.com)