PDA

View Full Version : StillAliveDS

wraggster
May 30th, 2008, 22:26
News/release from T4ils: (http://www.dev-fr.org/index.php/topic,3355.0.html)

StillAliveDS is a puzzle game inspired by the flash version of Portal, itself based on the game Portal de Valve.
You must catch all of the cakes before they reach the exit of it.
To do this, you are equipped with your PortalGun which lets you portals in the walls in order to be able to teleport elsewhere.
Throughout your journey, you'll be guided by a robot you learn the mechanisms Thursday

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

Sir_Voe
May 30th, 2008, 23:16
I've been waiting for this one. It's very enjoyable, and I plan on uploading some maps once I play it a bit more.
Thanks T4ils, great job.

zzt
May 30th, 2008, 23:34
This rocks! Thank you so much for this!

silverbullet1080
May 31st, 2008, 00:06
How do I get past the title screen? I can't seem to shoot.

MasterMan
May 31st, 2008, 01:30
How do I get past the title screen? I can't seem to shoot.

Here also, i have SCCF in a fat DS.

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 01:36
thank u for keeping the ds homebrew scene alive. i will ry this game out later, but thnx in advance.

acedecade
May 31st, 2008, 03:32
When I read the title, I broke out in song...
This was a triumph...

theotherfreakyguy
May 31st, 2008, 04:07
I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.
It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Pyrofyr
May 31st, 2008, 06:37
I'm one more in the can't figure it out tribe.

On the site it says L/R are for Blue Down/B for Red, but when you watch videos they actually click or whatnot.

gamev8
May 31st, 2008, 07:32
To select an option on the start screen you pickup the box in the middle of the room by tapping & holding on it and then throwing it at one of the options.

Sir_Voe
May 31st, 2008, 08:06
I just uploaded my 1st level (BackAndForth), and found the level editor very easy and fun to use. I plan on making many more, as I love this aspect of the game. Reminds me of when I'd spend hours making Time Splitters levels.:)

M1FF1N
May 31st, 2008, 17:41
This is awesome but were do i put the custom maps?

zzt
May 31st, 2008, 18:19
Just uploaded a map (Order).
The level creater is about as easy as it gets to use!

masterchief929
May 31st, 2008, 18:23
wow, i am really enjoying tis game. anybody know of any really good maps?

Sir_Voe
May 31st, 2008, 18:32
This is awesome but were do i put the custom maps?

They go in :/StillAliveDS/custommaps/

Just uploaded a map (Order).
The level creater is about as easy as it gets to use!

Nice one. Keep em coming.

t4ils
May 31st, 2008, 19:05
hi guys :)

Just a word to say that the turrets and the character actually are 2 blocks tall

so when you put a turret or the starting point on a map, you're puting the head of the element

on some cutom maps i've seen, the way you put turrets and starting point places the "legs" in a wall

no big deal as the game teleports them onto the right place ;)

Tripsk8er333
June 1st, 2008, 03:42
Super Awesome Game!!! I have been wanting for someone to port this for a long time.

Is there anyway to make our own maps? That would be sweet.

Keep up the good work. :)

Sir_Voe
June 1st, 2008, 04:35
Just beat the game. There's a couple of nice suprises I won't spoil, I'll just say it was worth struggling through the last few (very difficult) levels. Thanks again for this great homebrew game.

sepro
June 1st, 2008, 11:32
Great game! I really like physics puzzle games, especially on the DS.

Taris
June 1st, 2008, 16:34
awesome game. i'll need to try out the wifi because i cant beat level 7! :x

AuroraKnight
June 2nd, 2008, 02:39
Woooow I can't wait to try this one, the idea just sounds awesome! A homebrew game where other people make maps and you can download them, it'll build up itself with a feature like that! Kudos, this is gonna be great :thumbup:

evilballoon
June 2nd, 2008, 10:06
I'm reluctant to post this here because it's probably a problem with my cartridge and not this game, but I've searched on google and most forums I can think of and I haven't found a solution.

When I try loading this game on my iTouchDS card all I get are two blank white screens. The same thing happens when I try to run most homebrew, with the exception of Moonshell and an older version of DS organize (latest version didn't work either).

I have the latest firmware (1.7, at the time of this posting), I've tried launching them from both the iCard and the Favorites menus, I've tried it on all three of my microSD cards. It's kind of frustrating, I've had more problems with this cartridge in a week than I've ever had with my R4 or Supercard.

Maybe I'm missing a patch or something? Or am I just out of luck until a new firmware is released for it?

lightguard
June 2nd, 2008, 14:46
I can't play this game. Got a G6 Real (8G), set it up exactly as instructed, and it just sits on a black screen going "DLDI Compatible" with "Loading" down in the bottom right corner. Latest firmware. (3.7d)

Any ideas? About the only problem I have is that I have to occasionally format the damn thing, because the between the USB and that card reader, I keep corrupting the damn card.

otto_xd
June 3rd, 2008, 00:28
first of all, thanks for this awesome game t4ils!

I found this bugs.

when i die and the level restarts, the green force fields dont work

If i put many torrets, more of them dont be visibles, but if i restar, many of them appear.

Some efects sounds ramdon

And some petitions :P

Can add ingame editor?

Pd.Best scene game of the DS
Can add to the map browse a rating and coments??

Can add to the map format the name of the creator???

Andd, cand add the are you still here voice to the torrets?

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my bad english, really :(

Cevius
June 3rd, 2008, 13:04
Ive got a DSTT with an 8b Sandisk card, and every time I try to load this, I just get dual black screens, no matter where the file goes or what I do.

Tis a shame, because this looks like some of the best homebrew on the DS around.

t4ils
June 3rd, 2008, 14:11
first of all, thanks for this awesome game t4ils!

thanks for playing the game ^^

when i die and the level restarts, the green force fields dont work
corrected ;)

If i put many torrets, more of them dont be visibles, but if i restar, many of them appear.

corrected, I forgot to tell the game that you can put up to 20 turrets (same with crates, 15)

Some efects sounds ramdon

yeah, I don't know why

Can add ingame editor?

there will be one ;)

Can add to the map browse a rating and coments??

I'm planning to :)

Can add to the map format the name of the creator???
will be done ;)

Andd, cand add the are you still here voice to the torrets?
I won't do it I think, or later :)

Thank you very much.

Sorry for my bad english, really :(

you're welcome :)

tn5493
June 3rd, 2008, 17:32
i´ve been trying out lots of games but really this ist the best work i´ve seen
really very good work :thumbup:

thank you t4ils

mfg tn5493

w00tman X
June 3rd, 2008, 22:13
Wow, for homebrew, this is amazing. The WiFi feature is just great, and the game itself is great and... it's all great, really.

Many thanks to you, friend.

zzt
June 4th, 2008, 01:07
Sweet, cannot wait for the in game level editor t4ils!

bombdog
June 6th, 2008, 21:11
This is EXCELLENT. Stuck on the level with all the turrets at the moment. Great work.

sasukexiin
June 12th, 2008, 05:00
I can't play this game. Got a G6 Real (8G), set it up exactly as instructed, and it just sits on a black screen going "DLDI Compatible" with "Loading" down in the bottom right corner. Latest firmware. (3.7d)

I get this on my M3 real with latest firmware, it just gets stuck on the loading screen, i never see the title screen or anything.

I put it in the root folder, and i tried it in it's own folder. i just cant get the game to work.

crookedmouth
June 12th, 2008, 05:09
Does it freeze or something?

sasukexiin
June 12th, 2008, 05:16
Does it freeze or something?

I guess, the game just never loads. so i guess it technically freezes on the loading screen.

Cevius
June 12th, 2008, 11:19
Hmmm, I was having problems with this on my DSTT, but when I cleared all the crap off my microSD and just had StillAliveDS, it ran fine, so I must have had a conflict with another rom or homebrew.

This is the best homeberw I have ever seen. Possibly might be slightly more playable if when you press down, it has a portal marker, and only fires a portal when you release... so you can aim easier or get some of those trickier shots faster

Very Impressive. Keep up the great work :D

SF_Bahamut
June 15th, 2008, 21:04
Best homebrew program out there, no contest. I commend you, T4ils.

However, maybe it's a problem on my end, but it seems there is a limit to the number of maps that will display in the Custom menu. I have verified that all of the ones I have downloaded are on my card, but not all of them appear in the list.

t4ils
June 16th, 2008, 22:42
Yep, there was a limit in the custom menu (something like 50 or 100 maps)

now you can have an infinity of them in the new version

1.1 is out guys :D

http://stillaliveds.free.fr/index.php

K1ckass
June 18th, 2008, 15:38
"Now these points of data make a beautiful line..."
Brilliant game, really enjoyable! :thumbup:
This one goes into my top favorite homebrew games! ;)