PDA

View Full Version : VBA 1.7.2 30052008 - GBA Emulator for Nintendo Wii & Nintendo gamecube

wraggster
May 30th, 2008, 22:50
Emu_kidid (http://www.tehskeen.com/) has released another build of his Game Boy Advance/Gameboy/Gameboy Colour emulator for the Nintendo Wii & Nintendo gamecube

Heres whats new:

whatsnew:
fixed GB/GBC slowdown on Wii
fixed GC pads

Download and give feedback via comments

crouchingleech
May 31st, 2008, 00:23
this is a nice release! i guess it could have a better gui but everything runs perfectly

kingslime80
May 31st, 2008, 05:13
Latest bugs I found since TehSkeen is down.
Sword of Mana: The game won't play after you load or name your hero.
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: Half the sound, including Mario and Luigi's voices cannot be heard, some of the graphics flicker.

MeleeKirby
May 31st, 2008, 16:13
Latest bugs I found since TehSkeen is down.
Sword of Mana: The game won't play after you load or name your hero.
Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga: Half the sound, including Mario and Luigi's voices cannot be heard, some of the graphics flicker.

On Superstar Saga, sprite flickering has been a problem seen on the PC VBA emulator, so it's no biggie. As for sound, it can be fixed by jumping into the "Options" menu then going back to the title screen. Problem solved :)

kingslime80
May 31st, 2008, 18:55
On Superstar Saga, sprite flickering has been a problem seen on the PC VBA emulator, so it's no biggie. As for sound, it can be fixed by jumping into the "Options" menu then going back to the title screen. Problem solved :)

Thanks, I'll try it next time I play. :)

shishioh
June 1st, 2008, 12:42
Thanks for the emu...

I have a few quick questions for you.

I was wondering is it possible for 2 players and can I remap my buttons for my Classic controllers to a four button layout.

Please respond.
shishioh is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

kingslime80
June 1st, 2008, 15:52
Thanks for the emu...

I have a few quick questions for you.

I was wondering is it possible for 2 players and can I remap my buttons for my Classic controllers to a four button layout.

Please respond.
shishioh is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

2 players is not possible at this time, it might never be, and currently re-mapping is not supported.

maeurd
June 20th, 2008, 18:06
How do you open .rar files on wii?

Jay6
June 20th, 2008, 18:28
You don't. You extract the rom from the rar file before you put it on the sdcard.

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 00:43
When I went to load this my Wii just froze.
Do I have to take out gamecube memory cards or something weird?

folderol4
July 18th, 2008, 06:50
Is there a limit to the amount of roms VBA will show in the rom list? I have a lot of valid roms that are not showing up in the list.

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 16:40
what do i have to do to run this and what do i name the folders? please

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 18:56
To answer my own question, YES all gamecube memory card must be removed fro mthe Wii to load ANYTHING from the homebrew channel.
i still cant figure out how to load roms though.
it says its looking in VBA/ROMS and thats where i have them all and i dont have very many so i doubt its a limit problem.
can someone help us out?
or does this just not work yet?

kevenz
July 19th, 2008, 22:38
the /VBA/ROMS must be in the root directorie of your sd card, and games shouldn't be zipped but in .gba format.

my problem is I can only control with a gamecube controller..... I wish I could play with the Classic Controller instead but my wii remote doesn't respond.

Sir_Voe
July 19th, 2008, 23:10
the /VBA/ROMS must be in the root directorie of your sd card, and games shouldn't be zipped but in .gba format.

my problem is I can only control with a gamecube controller..... I wish I could play with the Classic Controller instead but my wii remote doesn't respond.

I use the unnoficial version from pg 3 of this forum with my wiimote with no problem. It says it has CC support too.
I would just post a link, but I only browse this sight w/ Wii Opera since there are so many pop-ups lately.

bigking
July 20th, 2008, 12:57
Does Rhythm Tengoku work with music (audio didn't work in the previous releases)?

That's probably the best game ever.

folderol4
July 22nd, 2008, 16:18
Anyone else hitting the rom limit? It seems it will only display maybe 9 or 10 roms in the rom selection menu.

Also, the exit buttons do not work. I always have to remove power to the Wii to exit.