PDA

View Full Version : Music. :) Who here likes music?

~the julster lol~
May 31st, 2008, 16:42
Music is my life.
I'm curious to see what kinds of music all you other people like.
I like music in the category of rock.
This includes alternative, metal, hard rock, etc.
I have recently become a HUGE fan of Mayday Parade and My Chemical Romance.
One of my alltime FAVOURITE band is The Offspring. I think they are just AMAZING.
I will not listen to Pop, Hip-Hop, or Country, but I can stand Rap for a short period of time haha.
What music do you guys like?

.Julsie x

Eviltaco64
May 31st, 2008, 17:04
I like pretty much anything that's not Emo, Country, or the majority of pop music of this decade.

beetroot bertie
May 31st, 2008, 17:19
I like allsorts (not the liquorice sort) but I guess the majority of my collection is from the metal genre. That said I also like chilled beats and breaks, laid back drum & bass, ambient soundscapes, and Post Rock type introspection.

I'm currently enjoying 'The Fall Of Ideals' by All That Remains which is a pretty awesome metalcore album with some fantastic production and musicianship (thanks go to Guitar Hero 2 for introducing me to them) and I'm looking forward to Judas Priest's new double album later this month and Maiden's 'Live After Death' which I've ordered in a bid to replace some of my old cassettes.

JKKDARK
May 31st, 2008, 17:28
Mainly Hard Rock and Glam Metal.

But I also listen Thrash Metal, Speed Metal, Power Metal, Progressive Metal, Progressive Rock, certain Christian metal bands, classic Heavy Metal, Glam Rock and some 80s New Wave and Pop bands.

pibs
June 1st, 2008, 03:54
^what he said. xcept im not really into nu metal or christian metal.

maiden 4 life!

bah
June 1st, 2008, 04:12
Most stuff, from Billy Bragg to RATM to aphex twin.

No emo (the 90s california punks bred with the gothics) or recent pop for me though.

Triv1um
June 1st, 2008, 17:12
I have alot wider likeness of music now.

I listen to Heavy metal, rock, dance, some hip-hip, jazz etc.

Anything I enjoy listening to I like, I dont get told what to like because of labels.

masterchief929
June 1st, 2008, 22:21
soft rock and a little bit of country.

LilSwish722
June 2nd, 2008, 01:50
Jazz, some metal, some rock, classic rock, blues (Buddy GUY IS AMAZING),Hip Hop is my main genre. Not radio stuff though. Stuff with meaning. Matter of fact...check out my site thing lol. www.classichiphopsbest.blogspot.com

It's relatively new so I'm still working on it.

kjetil1991
June 2nd, 2008, 08:32
rap(eminem is the best raper ever!!!) and hip pop

fg-54
June 2nd, 2008, 11:47
i like almost anything, eccept...............i have heard songs i don't like in the past, but i mainly like them all :P

"music is the bridge between heaven and earth"

a quote by that one girl from "the forbidden kingdom" that wuz a gewd movie.

LilSwish722
June 2nd, 2008, 17:20
No...Eminem is a terrible RAPPER. He's a good "raper" though. Since that's really the only thing he does to music. I'm talking KRS-One, Rakim, NaS, Atmosphere, Aceyalone...people who deserve to be rappers. Not Lil Wayne. Who is the worst "rapper" ever.

dejkirkby
June 2nd, 2008, 19:22
No...Eminem is a terrible RAPPER. He's a good "raper" though. Since that's really the only thing he does to music. I'm talking KRS-One, Rakim, NaS, Atmosphere, Aceyalone...people who deserve to be rappers. Not Lil Wayne. Who is the worst "rapper" ever.
Blu and Exile is great (your recommendation), but I still prefer Lupe, Kanye, Wiley and BoyBetterKnow. My current fave is Dizzee Rascal.

souLLy
June 2nd, 2008, 19:22
Generally I'm a metal and hip hop kinda guy, but lately I've been listening to loads of post rockish stuff; Godspeed you black emperor, 65daysofstatic, Shels, Sigur Ros and Explosions in the Sky.

pspmodel1001
June 2nd, 2008, 20:22
anything except rap

LilSwish722
June 4th, 2008, 19:11
Blu and Exile is great (your recommendation), but I still prefer Lupe, Kanye, Wiley and BoyBetterKnow. My current fave is Dizzee Rascal.

Yea. I forgot Lupe. Can't forget him. Dizzee is pretty good. Although he's the only UK hip hop artist I've heard. He did a great song with Bun B. Kanye is also pretty good. I've been listening to him lately.