PDA

View Full Version : Usbxmb plugin

wraggster
June 1st, 2008, 13:03
News/release from caliarbor

Hi,

This plugin will allow usb bus and mass storage driver to always be enabled in xmb. When you plug in a usb cable it will activate usb on the psp (will also enable charging on psp slim). When you unplug the cable usb will deactivate automatically.

I wrote this to basically save myself the hassle of going to the usb icon eveytime i wanted to xfer files or charge my psp. I know this has been done elsewhere but i wanted to have a go at writing my first plugin

I've test this on my psp slim 3.71 m33-3 and everything works fine. When I go into a game usb is deactivated, but once I leave that game usb is reactivated (assuming the usb cable is connected the entire time of course).

If anyone wants the source just let me know and I'll fix the download to include it. Don't have it handy atm.

Edit: Clean up the source a little and added some error checking for failure of usb bus and mass storage drivers loading. The source is now included in the original download.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

via caliarbor (http://forums.qj.net/f-psp-development-forum-11/t-release-usbxmb-plugin-140799.html)

irishwhip
June 1st, 2008, 16:37
working fine on my 3.90m33 fat psp.
great little plugin.

flaminfox
June 1st, 2008, 17:26
there was one for the fat psp but didnt work for the slim, so this is not bad :)

pspmodel1001
June 1st, 2008, 17:42
works fine in-game:thumbup:

EDIT: I meant in-game through UMD because when enabled in game, the PSP ISO/CSO starts, it stays black. Got me worried for about 5 minutes until I disabled the one in game.txt. All in all, great plugin. If ya fix that, I'll love it.(At least now I don't have to press a combo of two buttons to activate the old one anymore.:thumbup:)

EDIT2:Also, with CXMB, if you want to change it, it won't show the list of CXMB's that ya have. Damn interference. O'well. I'll go the long way to change it.

Sterist
June 2nd, 2008, 09:05
thatīs innovation

brownie point

fubarpatsharp
June 2nd, 2008, 10:31
thanks works great on slim 3.9m33 -3

But it gets abit messed up if you forgot you have this plugin and select usb connection from the xmb once usb is plugged in, which is an easy fix to do...