PDA

View Full Version : XBOX PRICE CUT OFFICIAL

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 00:28
Microsoft has cut the price of its Xbox in the US by thirty bucks to just $149.99, as has been heavily rumoured. The 'box has also had $30 cut from the price in Canada, where it now retails at approximately $200.
In a press release written seemingly by an author with all the youth culture awareness of Donald Rumsfeld, we are told that "the console dubbed the sexiest videogame system is becoming even more attractive".

The article then promptly and for no explicable reason quotes hip hop producer and mediocre rapper P Diddy, who says: "I love playing Xbox games and believe that the system's cultural influence as a social entertainment brand has only just begun."

Heartwarming words from the Didster, even if we're not quite sure why Microsoft deems the "P"'s opinion to be of sufficient note to be included here.

It could have had Screech from Saved by the Bell or Gary Coleman for a fraction of the price, y'know... Still, good news, for tight-wad US gamers who have been holding out for an Xbox, we guess.

There are price cuts for Xbox games, too; Project Gotham Racing 2, Crimson Skies: High Road to Revenge and Counter Strike will all be available tomorrow (Tuesday 30 March) for $29.99, while Voodoo Vince and Grabbed by the Ghoulies are available today for $19.99.

Good news for the punter, obviously, although we're surprised to see PGR2 being discounted so soon after release, and as for Grabbed by the Ghoulies, well: consider the $365 million Microsoft paid for Brit-based developer Rare back in 2002, and it really is enough to make your eyes water...

xboxlord
March 30th, 2004, 20:13
Brilliant, will it mean cheaper UK games as well? I need some new games.

wraggster
March 30th, 2004, 21:07
i need a new xbox my kids have broke my dvd drive, so im using a pc dvd drive

xboxlord
March 30th, 2004, 21:18
The pc doesnt give the quality that a DVD player or games consel gives, perfect excuse to get an xbox.

wraggster
March 31st, 2004, 23:24
Not only that but i cant play any legit games on my Xbox at present so im totally stuffed

xboxlord
April 17th, 2004, 11:11
;D