PDA

View Full Version : 3.95 GEN released - Custom Firmware for PSP

wraggster
June 1st, 2008, 15:25
Via PSPgen (http://www.pspgen.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7005)(french psp site) comes news of a new CUSTOM FIRMWARE for the PSP supporting 3.95 (ie the latest firmware)

heres the release details:

After a delay of several hours we're proud to present the 3.95 custom firmware. Click continue to find out more. It has been in development for a little over two weeks now, but now the moment has arrived.

Before we talk about this new firmware and let you get your hands on it, we will respond to your main complaint: "Who is the developer of the firmware?". It will probably come as a surprise for most, but the developer of this custom firmware is called Miriam.

What's up doc ?

General

Kernel updated to 3.95 (new nids, patches etc.).

Recovery

Option added in recovery to choose between VSHMenu and in-XMB recovery.

Option added in recovery to choose between Sony, GEN and M33 network update modes.

XMB

Access vshmenu/recovery with the SELECT button.

Network Update icon can download directly from the GEN server (adjustable).

Installation :

For everyone who wants to install 3.95 GEN, you must be on at least 3.71M33.

Download the package with 3.95 GEN and the popsloader.

RTU file for all PSP in custom firmware 3.1 M33+

Note: When installing, all your plug-ins will be disabled.

Connect your PSP to your computer via USB.

Extract the file you downloaded by right clicking and choosing the option 'Extract Files To...'.

Extract the files to your PSP's assigned letter (for example, X).

Leave USB Mode.

Goto GAME > Memory Stick > 3.95 GEN

After it launched press X to install 3.95 GEN or R to leave the updater without doing any changes.

After the installer has checked some files and operations it will launch the patched Sony updater. Follow the onscreen instructions. Once the installation finishes, it'll ask you to press X to reboot, do so or you'll brick

Bonus :

Pressing L-Trigger + Triangle whilst you start the GEN installer, will later disable Sony's 50% battery check.

A popsloader which works in 3.95 is included, and can be installed like any other version of popsloader.

Download Here (http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/Custom_Firmware_395_GEN_release.zip)and Give Feedback & Compatability Reports Via Comments

The_Ultimate_Eggman
June 1st, 2008, 15:40
No 150 kernal ???

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 16:28
1 - 3.xx Homebrew is working fine! 1.50 Homebrew doesn't work due to the lack of the 1.50 subset... Let's see if the GEN team releases it...

2 - PS1 Emulation works fine through the popsloader... 3.95 pops does not seem to be working though but I'm guessing they'll fix that...

3 - Plugins seems to function too... I even got rid of the an issue firmware 3.90 m33 used to give me...

4 - The memory stick issues in GAME are gone... Or at least seem to be... I have no lag at all

I'd rate this as a 8/10 release because the most interesting features (3.95pops and 1.50 subset) are not available yet... Still its a very good firmware

archangelclass
June 1st, 2008, 16:29
Hi, I have a problem with this update. I'm using a TA 081 mobo (PSP Fat), Backed-up my nand before trying to do the update (I'm in CFW 393/ 150 kern right now), I have downloaded this UPDATE from 2 different sites, including this one. It doesn't load on my PSP, when I activate the 395 GEN, it stays on the white PSP bootscreen, then it shuts down. But, it says on the docs that it is compatible with "PSP Classic". I'm gonna download the 395 eboot directly and put it on my root to check if that's the problem, if it gets fixed I'll let youk now, but what I wanted to say is that this download doesn't work with my PSP, also if anybody else has this problem please reply

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 16:33
Hi, I have a problem with this update. I'm using a TA 081 mobo (PSP Fat), Backed-up my nand before trying to do the update (I'm in CFW 393/ 150 kern right now), I have downloaded this UPDATE from 2 different sites, including this one. It doesn't load on my PSP, when I activate the 395 GEN, it stays on the white PSP bootscreen, then it shuts down. But, it says on the docs that it is compatible with "PSP Classic". I'm gonna download the 395 eboot directly and put it on my root to check if that's the problem, if it gets fixed I'll let youk now, but what I wanted to say is that this download doesn't work with my PSP, also if anybody else has this problem please reply

I downloaded mine directly from PSPGEN.com and it worked like a charm...

archangelclass
June 1st, 2008, 16:51

ok, I'm checking (translating) the page right now and downloading the $ony 395 to check just in case, any change I'll let you know.

pspmodel1001
June 1st, 2008, 16:56
heh. I'm sticking with 3.90m33-3 till they add 1.50 subset, and working pops. All in all, I'll try it later. Sounds good.:thumbup:

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 16:57
ok, I'm checking (translating) the page right now and downloading the $ony 395 to check just in case, any change I'll let you know.

I was re-reading thru your post and the issue might be the fact you're on 3.93CFW... Not sure though... I was on 3.90m33-3

archangelclass
June 1st, 2008, 17:18
so, should I go back to 380M33-5? (I use despertar cementerio 4) cause I downloaded the 395 directly and didn't work either

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 17:29
yeah probably... In the readme it states that any m33 CFW since 3.71 works fine to update

AdamRav
June 1st, 2008, 17:39
Its good to see other people making custom firmware and for that you should be applauded

BUT

I'll only use M33 Custom firmwares simply coz i know that we will get the updates and DAX is a well trusted coder .......

archangelclass
June 1st, 2008, 18:00
:D yep, it worked, so now I know I have to downgrade at least 3 PSP I've done this week with the 393 CFW, and to tell you the truth, I didn't think it was a problem, but now I have the 395 GEN, thank you kyyubidx for reminding me about the M33... now I'll just wait for the 150 add-on... :thumbup:

and to AdamRav, in the readme files it says they have permision from Dark Alex and Team 33, so my guess is that they'll support it...

"Greetings:
- Thanks to Team M33 (especially Dark_AleX) for making custom firmwares and giving us permission to release this."

MauricePhoenix
June 1st, 2008, 19:30
Hi I'm using 3.90 M33-3 on my fat psp and just upgrade to this gen. Well it seems the popsloader is not working. Then i try to go to the setting by holding the R button and try the all of the firmware...but it return me nothing it doesn't run psx game. is there something wrong in my side or it is still have problem?

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 19:39
yep, it worked, so now I know I have to downgrade at least 3 PSP I've done this week with the 393 CFW, and to tell you the truth, I didn't think it was a problem, but now I have the 395 GEN, thank you kyyubidx for reminding me about the M33... now I'll just wait for the 150 add-on...

and to AdamRav, in the readme files it says they have permision from Dark Alex and Team 33, so my guess is that they'll support it...

"Greetings:
- Thanks to Team M33 (especially Dark_AleX) for making custom firmwares and giving us permission to release this."

No need to thank me... I'm always here to help...

Hi I'm using 3.90 M33-3 on my fat psp and just upgrade to this gen. Well it seems the popsloader is not working. Then i try to go to the setting by holding the R button and try the all of the firmware...but it return me nothing it doesn't run psx game. is there something wrong in my side or it is still have problem?

Popsloader works fine for me... Did you replace popsloader files you had with the ones that come in the release?

jordan4peace
June 1st, 2008, 20:01
I think that i will just wait for dark alex and 4.00
no offense team gen

MauricePhoenix
June 1st, 2008, 20:07
No need to thank me... I'm always here to help...

Popsloader works fine for me... Did you replace popsloader files you had with the ones that come in the release?

Yeah i did. Well is there any way like reinstalling it maybe?:confused:

djbrotherson
June 1st, 2008, 20:11
What advantage does 3.95 GEN have over 3.90 m33-3 ?

kyyubidx
June 1st, 2008, 20:14
actually the code that coded this firmware is called Miriam... and is a girl xD or at least that's what everyone on PSPGEN.com is saying..

As for the popsloader problem: i had my popsloader for 3.90v2, i just overwrote the files and it worked like a charm...

edit: the plugin issue i keep on babling about is gone xD it was some cwcheat misconfiguration... xD

kjetil1991
June 1st, 2008, 21:33
wow gotta to fix my pandora very soon XD to test this out

The Hombrew Hunter
June 1st, 2008, 23:44
What advantage does 3.95 GEN have over 3.90 m33-3 ?

From what I see, 3.95 pops, which allows you to configure buttons.

kyyubidx
June 2nd, 2008, 13:46
I've noticed that 3.95 pops only works on SLIM's for some reason... Too bad...

Tets
June 2nd, 2008, 13:54
I'm pretty impressed with 3.95 GEN. It's my first non-DAX custom firmware, and so far I haven't come across any devastating glitches and my PSP hasn't exploded yet.

3.95 pops is working on my fat PSP, I don't know why anyone else is having trouble with it. I'm rather enjoying the new control customization feature. Maybe it's just me, but I always preferred the Japanese control scheme where O is select and X is cancel, it seems to make more sense. I'm glad Sony added this feature, as very few of my games allow the player to change the button bindings.

camcorderdoctor
June 2nd, 2008, 18:35
well I gotta say - that I can't seem to get popsloader working either and my copy of Final Fantasy IX doesn't seem to work anymore - does the new pops have some significant changes in it? Wally's version of Daedalus works - all my iso games seem to work also - hmm - any ideas anybody. I'd like to get at least popsloader to work. other than that it seems to be a stable custom firmware my playstation store games work nicely with the new pops. I'm sure if I can figure out how to get popsloader to load then FFIX will probably work fine.
Well any help would be nice I don't want to downgrade - I like having the most current firmware. But I can if needed - I got the whole pandora kit. and I hope they come out with the 1.50 kernel support soon! Nice work Team GEN!

well i got popsloader to work - i removed everything in my seplugins folder except popsloader folder , popsloader.prx and pops.txt file - now popsloader works for me - btw - i also edited the game.txt file so that just popsloader is there.

kjetil1991
June 2nd, 2008, 21:13
is the kernel problem fixed? very anoying when i had to change kernel all the time

scooby-don't
June 9th, 2008, 21:16

Hello please can someone help my psp downloaded 3.93 fireware itself when i first put it on the internet and then i herad about this 3.95 custom but for some reason it goes to sony screen turns off then on and says the game could not be started (80020148) i thourght it might be the program but i'd downloaded it 3 times and the same thing happens everytime. i have the psp slim white 2003 model so if anyone knows can they let me know please cause i need to be able to unlock region code for umd

LilSwish722
June 10th, 2008, 00:23
You should get a pandoras battery (Anybody on here should be able to link it). Install Despertar de Cementario v5 and go to 3.90M33...from there you can install this firmware. It sounds like you have the official firmware that doesn't allow homebrew to run.

niko86
June 25th, 2008, 23:22
Yup 3.95GEN-2 is a solid firmware i've encountered zero problems with it. Plus its nice to have the option to make a pandora battery from the recovery menu.

Only one issue is popsloader, i have no option to load pops from flash, i've replaced the poploader.prx, and when i do load from say 3.71 to play FF7 i get no customisable joypad options just the bog standard type 1 to 4. Anyone had similar problem?