PDA

View Full Version : Boxhead: Psp Style

wraggster
June 1st, 2008, 16:07
News/release from sg57 (http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=144365)

BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE is a clone of Sean Cooper's (www.games.seantcooper.com - [email protected]) flash game series Boxhead: The Zombie Wars, a Top-Down Shoot-em-up game.

Objectives:
-KILL ZOMBIES and DEVILS
-STAY ALIVE
-(don't die)
-Have fun!

MENU CONTROLS

[x] - Choose
ANALOG/D-PAD - Move Player

GAME CONTROLS:

[x] - Fire Weapon
[L] - Cycle Through Weapons(Previous)
[R] - Cycle Through Weapons(Next)
[START] - Pauses Game
ANALOG/D-PAD - Move Character

PAUSE MENU CONTROLS:

[L] - Cycle through Music (backward)
[R] - Cycle through music (forward)
SELECT - Exit to Menu
START - Unpause

ENEMIES:

ZOMBIE: If you get cornered with low firepower can be a big problem. Will attempt to completely encircle and then eat you.

DEVIL: Have a powerful fireball attack that can quickly end your life. Takes some Heavy FirePower to kill these suckers.

As you gain Kills, A number in the Top right of the screen will Rise. This is your Combo Counter, and it will go down unless you keep killing more zombies faster.

As the Combo counter reaches higher Numbers, you will Unlock weapons, and upgrades for those weapons.

Info:
- 8 Different Weapons
- 90+ Weapon Upgrades
- 2 Types of Enemies
- 3 huge maps each with their own highscore
- 3 Difficulties, each harder then the last
- Enable or Disable Devils (drastically makes game easier)
- Play your own MP3s and Atrac Files right from your /MUSIC/ or /PSP/MUSIC/ folders
- Interactive Menu - walk to your destination
- Built-In Game Guide with controls, etc.
- Good 'stereo' audio experience (explosions happen left of you , you'll hear them left of you out of the left speaker respectively, with all the action going on it is hard to forget about)

CREDITS for BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE
-SG57 (Producer/Programmer)
-Scorpus57 (Head Sprite Artist, Formatter)
-Nathanias (Head QA Tester, all around helper)

All 3 mentioned also contributed Ideas to the project prior to development.

COMING SOON...

BOXHEAD: PSP STYLE 1.5

Things to look for:
- Ad-Hoc multiplayer
- More Enemies
- New Weapons
- 'Closet' feature (change the theme of the game)
- More...

*****NOTE******
-----------------
THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OWNER OF 'BOXHEAD' IS Sean Cooper.
-----------------
SG57 cloned the game in C++, using OSlib, by using the flash game as a reference.
-----------------
All sprites, sound effects, etc. taken from the flash game are credited to their respectful creators.
-----------------

SG57 (Jordan Rehn)
http://JordanSg57.googlepages.com

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

flaminfox
June 1st, 2008, 17:23
I'm glad SG57 released it, lol, i knew about since his release of Kitten Cannon, and now since hes ported boxhead lol, just got to wait for mutliplayer :)

Sp3ct0r
June 1st, 2008, 20:11
Nice work man, this game rocks! :D

openboxfilms
June 2nd, 2008, 04:17
I love you... No joke.

titch.ryan
June 2nd, 2008, 18:35
yay a playable release of this. cant wait for the new features.
:)

flaminfox
June 2nd, 2008, 22:25
woot update for Boxhead

***PATCHED VERSION AVAILABLE***
-- Fixed the audio crashing (should solve all crashing issues! yay! no more crashes!)
-- Fixed explosion damages
-- Fixed a slowdown if there were greater then 1000 enemies active
-- Made easier by slowing the devil fireball rate of fire and attacking rate as well
-- Now when re-entering the menu, you come out of the door you went in so no more walking all the way across again
-- Updated bugs list

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/vpwc11

firemaster#1
June 3rd, 2008, 01:37
Luv this game this is an great piece of homebrew me and my bro figthting over the best high score

flaminfox
June 3rd, 2008, 17:42
SG57 has patched game yet again due to complaints that the game freezes after completing a level.

-- Added a shuffle songs option in the pause menu - press Triangle to toggle it
-- Added a message box asking if you want to retry on the same map, same difficulty, etc. (instant restart great fast action)-- Updated bugs list

Look at my previous post above for the other fixes that were applied.

IF YOU WISH TO KEEP YOUR CURRENT HIGHSCORES, JUST REPLACE THE 'EBOOT.PBP' IN YOUR CURRENT BOXHEAD DIRECTORY WITH THE ONE IN THE PATCH!

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/q1k9js

TFrenchy
June 3rd, 2008, 19:16
I f'n love this game :)
You rockss.

superadamwo
June 3rd, 2008, 23:01
The only problem I can find with it is that sometimes zombies spawn inside stuff and get stuck there, making the level unbeatable. Also, since they don't follow you when you're too far away, you sometimes end up having to search through the whole level near the end to get every last zombie.

flaminfox
June 4th, 2008, 02:08
Not sure whats fixed now, SG57's BOXHEAD patch 3 has been uploaded at psp hombrew idol contest, which probably fixes more crashes..

Download:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/c4yt4d

Briggzy11
June 5th, 2008, 06:34
Thank you for these updates Flamingfox :) this game is rather amazing I must admit, great idea, it could be a actual game, imagine it 3D, state of emergency style gameplay...

flaminfox
June 12th, 2008, 19:08
longtime lol, Boxhead patch #4 has been released unforutunaelty the only way to download this is from SG57 site, but has bandwith issues.

At least as far as in-game inconveniences are concerned. If you would want to keep your current high scores upon upgrading to patch 4, just replace the EBOOT.PBP in your current Boxhead directory with the one in the patch, and you're good to go. This update includes a new powerful weapon.

warsaw
June 13th, 2008, 04:44
Has anyone got patch 4 and able to upload it elsewhere at all?

I haven't been able to get patch 4 yet either! :confused: