PDA

View Full Version : GenesisplusGX 01/06/08 - Genesis/Megadrive Emu for Nintendo Wii/Gamecube

wraggster
June 1st, 2008, 22:16
Eke-Eke (http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/) has released a new version of the Genesis/Megadrive Emulator for Nintendo Wii/Gamecube

Heres whats new;

01/06/2008:
-----------
[Genesis]
- improved HCounter accuracy: fix graphic glitches in "Striker (Europe)"
- improved HINT timing accuracy: fix flickering in "Zero The Kamikaze Squirrel (USA)"
- improved rendering accuracy when backdrop color is modified during HBLANK (Road Rash I/II/III)
- fixed broken Game Genie support

[NGC/Wii]
- added full horizontal scaling (up to 720 pixels) when using "stretch" aspect mode (use Xscale to increase width)
- added progressive mode support (480p) in menu also
- added automatic SRAM/FreezeState support (OFF by default, check "system options")
- added automatic configuration file support
- /genplus/saves is now automatically created if it does not exist
- use libfat automatic SDCARD detection: default slot is now always used when accessing SDCARD
- assigned Reset Button to Genesis Soft-Reset

[Wii only]
- added automatic TV mode detection (from SYSCONF), no more PAL60 version needed
- added option to return to Wii System Menu
- fixed "TP reload" option: now compatible with HB channel
- removed SD-Gekko support (Wii slot becomes default slot)
- added Wii SD slot support for SRAM & FreezeState files
- added Wiimote, Nunchuk & Classic controllers support through libwiiuse (see User Manual for default keys)
- added customizable key mapping (for each configurations: wiimote only, wiimote+nunchuk or classic)

Download and Give Feedback and Compatability Reports Via Comments

scrabbus
June 1st, 2008, 22:29
Great stuff !! The Wii Scene has just found its feet and has hit the ground running, I love it!!

goshogun1
June 1st, 2008, 23:05
Sweet! I swear, this site feels like Christmas every few days. Now I am gonna play some Phantasy Star, and Wonderboy with saves! Awesome news! :)

Nintendo Maniac 64
June 2nd, 2008, 02:48
uhh... how come every game I try to load doesn't load except NBA Jam?

aster0id
June 2nd, 2008, 05:11
Fantastic work and very polished. My controller configs are not being saved though.

GrandMasterJimmy
June 2nd, 2008, 05:19
I've been using this all day, It took forever to get since tehskeen has been down for days.

It works great, and it seems to save all my setting. I've tried it with all the Sonic games and it works perfect. The auto SRAM feature is great, now I can finaly play Sonic 3 the right way again, with the real save menu :D

h2923j42n2
June 2nd, 2008, 06:00
Yes, this is a very nice release. It's nice to have the ability to now return to the Homebrew Channel or System Menu.

KainShadow
June 2nd, 2008, 12:18
finally Genesisplus works PERFECT for me
really really good release!

June 3rd, 2008, 01:54
finally Genesisplus works PERFECT for me
really really good release!

KainShadow, you said all !!!! :thumbup:

PERFECT !!!!

kingslime80
June 3rd, 2008, 02:30
Why does noone make something that lets you press 'A' on either the GC controller OR the Wiimote? That would solve a few problems for most people I think, like choosing which one to use instead of forcing you to use one of the other. There's an 'A' button on the wiimote for a reaseon people. :P4

tehnoir
June 3rd, 2008, 05:22
Why does noone make something that lets you press 'A' on either the GC controller OR the Wiimote? That would solve a few problems for most people I think, like choosing which one to use instead of forcing you to use one of the other. There's an 'A' button on the wiimote for a reaseon people. :P4

I think the original coders have the main concern of developing stable Wiimote code.

The people who took the original releases and hacked in some unstable Wiimote support had an agenda to use the Wiimote, not the GC controller.

Or...it could just be that they haven't thought of it yet *shrug* I'm sure it will come in time, heh.

GrandMasterJimmy
June 3rd, 2008, 14:20
Errrr...I don't know what the hell you 2 are talking about, this version lets you start the emu with the wiimote A button. You just need to turn the wiimote on before hitting A.

Plus, this is coded by the origional author, not that dumbass LoPsT who had horrible unstable code.

It works with GC and wii controller too. So you too need to stop taking drugs.

kingslime80
June 3rd, 2008, 18:12
Sorry Jiummy, but you've heard the expression "once bitten, twice shy"? My whole point is that I don't like pressing A on the wii remote because I don't use it to play and most emulators are programmed to use one but not the other. For an emulator that's being constantly re-worked to be more "convenient" it seems odd that any programmer would do this. I'm not on any kind of drugs, I'm just very specific about what I want out of an emulator. Other people whined and complained that they wanted wiimote support, they got it, even if it was unstable. I just want to keep using my GC controller. Is that too much to ask?

GrandMasterJimmy
June 3rd, 2008, 20:26
This version does support the GC pad though. :confused:

scrabbus
June 3rd, 2008, 20:27
GRANDMASTER JIMMY ok, here it is , when you disrespect a coder who spends his valuable time making something for us all to enjoy, " not that dumbass LoPsT" that phrase...Just not nice really

edulago
June 5th, 2008, 19:34
Is there any progress about using Sega CD iso image with geneplus? It will be great to play Mad Dog McCree with Wiimote...

PMK:Won
June 5th, 2008, 19:53
I agree a Sega CD emu would be awesome!

masterchief929
June 5th, 2008, 20:58
i love it! just more and more wii homebrew. the wii homebrew scene is really starting to pick up.

zillion94
June 8th, 2008, 23:19
EKE-EKE, again, great job on this! I am curious in general about SRAM and STATE options in not only this emulator, but all of yours (SMS, etc.)

It is AWESOME that my games are automatically remembered where I left off! I seem to be confused as to the differences between the two... I'd imagine that the SRAM is remembering where the game left off at any time, and STATE is a set point where you want to save your game. However if I save a state and load it, it works, but as soon as I play for a bit, it seems the automatic SRAM overwrites the save state.
Am I doing something incorrectly?

Also, if I select "Stretch" mode on the display, the emulator will do it, but I must reset it each time to make the setting "stick" each game... is this a bug I found or is that supposed to be like that?

Finally, what does the "use bios" toggle do? Either setting seems to have no effect for me.

I love exploring the features, so thanks in advance!
-Z

eke-eke
June 11th, 2008, 08:37
read the manual, genesisplus.pdf, everything is explained in there

SRAM files are backup files from the game itself when the game had backup memory. This only save some informations to be able to restart at some point (which you do by selecting "Continue Game" in games supporting this). SRAM can only be saved at some point, when the game let you do it.

STATE files are like instant shot of the current state of emulation, this restore the game exactly where you leaved it. This is an emulator-only feature which make some games much easier to beat because you can save anywhere.

eke-eke
June 11th, 2008, 08:42
Sorry Jiummy, but you've heard the expression "once bitten, twice shy"? My whole point is that I don't like pressing A on the wii remote because I don't use it to play and most emulators are programmed to use one but not the other. For an emulator that's being constantly re-worked to be more "convenient" it seems odd that any programmer would do this. I'm not on any kind of drugs, I'm just very specific about what I want out of an emulator. Other people whined and complained that they wanted wiimote support, they got it, even if it was unstable. I just want to keep using my GC controller. Is that too much to ask?

GC controller IS supported in this version
A button can be used to start the emulator... both A buttons, Wiimote AND Gamepad one

so there is no point in complaining

Baboon
June 11th, 2008, 13:04
GC controller IS supported in this version
A button can be used to start the emulator... both A buttons, Wiimote AND Gamepad one

so there is no point in complaining

I’m guessing he posted that comment before even trying out the latest build of the emulator. lol

There was also the post in this thread from GrandMasterJimmy flaming ‘LoPsT’ which I think is completely uncalled for. :mad: What’s happening on this site with people now being disrespectful to coders without getting told off by any of the mods on here?

I’m personally just very grateful to yourself eke-eke and all the other top guys out there who are making the wii emulator and homebrew scene for us all! ...Please keep it up - and don't let the moaners/haters stop ya! :)

sshadow5001
July 1st, 2008, 12:54
is there gonna be a 2 player option soon?

btw fantastic work on the emulator

hjfbv1
July 2nd, 2008, 03:54
ummm is .7z a zipped file? cause my computer cant read it as that, it isnt a big surprise its a mac :(

h2923j42n2
July 2nd, 2008, 07:47
ummm is .7z a zipped file? cause my computer cant read it as that, it isnt a big surprise its a mac :(

Try to download something like 7-Zip. I use it to open files like this, although I don't know if there is a Macintosh version of it.

tlangford
July 2nd, 2008, 18:17
Can I use 2 wiimotes? I can't seem to work out how to get 2 connected. I coonect them on the system menu, but they are dissconnected as I start the emulator.

thanks
timmy

h2923j42n2
July 2nd, 2008, 19:19
Can I use 2 wiimotes? I can't seem to work out how to get 2 connected. I coonect them on the system menu, but they are dissconnected as I start the emulator.

thanks
timmy

I'm not sure on this, but try pressing '1' and/or '2' to sync it.

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 00:45
the homebrew channel is not putting this on the load menu.... how do you arrange and name your folders on the SD Card?
help please

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 19:04
CAN you load this using the homebrew channel?
and if not... is there a genesis emulator it WILL load?

kevenz
August 8th, 2008, 04:33
is it possible to load sega cd iso? I guess not.

I'm going to try Shining Force cd...

edit: ok it doesn't work :S too bad.