PDA

View Full Version : looking for free dvd ripper

Isabella219
June 2nd, 2008, 10:47
hi,all, i looking for free dvd ripper software,can you tell me ,which one is the better?

Darksaviour69
June 2nd, 2008, 10:55
i use dvd shrink

shadowprophet
June 2nd, 2008, 11:39
i was going to suggest dvd shrink as well, if you cant get it done with dvd shrink. it really isnt worth the trouble.

here (http://dvdshrink-2008.org/?gclid=CMWI08rJ1ZMCFQkmIgodNDGzig)

bah
June 3rd, 2008, 05:08
Dvdshrink for shrinking the vobs to fit on a single later DVD, DVD Decrypter for the ripping/decrypting.
For newer (disney) dvds with their 'lets just break the DVD standard to try to create extra protection' BS, DVDFab Decrypter or AnyDVD (AnyDVD is commercial).

You may need FixVTS in between ripping and shrinking it, I have a feeling DVDfab and anydvd will correct the corrupt entries automatically now though.

Isabella219
June 4th, 2008, 02:02
i am a friend suggested that i download pavtube dvd ripper, who tested it ? How kind? :confused:

bah
June 4th, 2008, 10:24
That is commercial software I have never heard of.
It costs money.
I would advise against buying it.

Use DVDFab Decrypter if you want a free option, anydvd if you want a commercial (costs money) one.

EDIT: From Isabella219's other posts he/she/it appears to be a spam bot or just some kind of spammer.
Isabella219, please confirm otherwise.

Isabella219
June 5th, 2008, 04:40
i will try it,thank you...

VampDude
June 5th, 2008, 11:32
I use Roadkil's "unstoppable CD copier" it's FREE (and rips from DVD), I've been using it since 2004 and using every build since.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.roadkil.net/downloads/unstopcp.zip)

This is the best for ripping from CD's/DVD's, as it copies even the protected (un-copyable) files.

ExcruciationX
June 5th, 2008, 18:46
I use Roadkil's "unstoppable CD copier" it's FREE (and rips from DVD), I've been using it since 2004 and using every build since.

DOWNLOAD (http://www.roadkil.net/downloads/unstopcp.zip)

This is the best for ripping from CD's/DVD's, as it copies even the protected (un-copyable) files.
You came back, eh?

And, yeah, this ripper is good. I use it as well.

masterchief929
June 5th, 2008, 20:50
i agree with the other guys. dvdshrink. :)

VampDude
June 5th, 2008, 23:22
You came back, eh?

No, I'm not back. I just read the posts, and see if any needs replying to (boredom).

And, yeah, this ripper is good. I use it as well.

It's the best, I first used it to copy my Monopoly: New Edition game (which has some sort of copy protection) so I could play with my family in different rooms over our wireless network (keeping the original disc for myself).

It's also good for extracting data from scratched discs, I often get given scratched discs that I cannot use until I've ripped them using Unstoppable.

Isabella219
June 6th, 2008, 07:16
iphone2 are not sold on the market, the sale will be heard in June

quzar
June 6th, 2008, 08:56
I use DVD Decrypt+ DVDShrink. By the way everyone, this was an advertisement for the pavtube dvd ripper. The idea was ask for a free one, bring up their software and say how great it is.

bah
June 6th, 2008, 10:22
quzar: Yeah, I assumed that when it didnt respond to:

EDIT: From Isabella219's other posts he/she/it appears to be a spam bot or just some kind of spammer.
Isabella219, please confirm otherwise.

VampDude
June 6th, 2008, 11:19
By the way everyone, this was an advertisement for the pavtube dvd ripper.

Well the joke is on them then, cause nobody here will pay $35 for something that does exactly what another program does that you can get for FREE.

Thankfully there are a whole list of freeware sites which put these companies to shame when trying to promote their products on boards like these by "spam threading" to make sales.

The idea was ask for a free one, bring up their software and say how great it is.

According to what I read on Softpedia it's about average, it's probably shit though cause they promote the product and get a percentage for linking the sale to the site.

quzar
June 6th, 2008, 13:36
Well the joke is on them then, cause nobody here will pay $35 for something that does exactly what another program does that you can get for FREE.

Thankfully there are a whole list of freeware sites which put these companies to shame when trying to promote their products on boards like these by "spam threading" to make sales.

According to what I read on Softpedia it's about average, it's probably shit though cause they promote the product and get a percentage for linking the sale to the site.

Actually, from what I've seen of the different spammers on this site, they all tend to be on the same network that the website/servers are for the product as well as the email servers for their support lines. I've spent way too much time researching into the who and why of the spammers here.

Darksaviour69
June 6th, 2008, 15:00
so its the support/help desk staff, spamming the product while they are not selling/helping people with it. Interesting

VampDude
June 6th, 2008, 15:21
Actually, from what I've seen of the different spammers on this site, they all tend to be on the same network that the website/servers are for the product as well as the email servers for their support lines. I've spent way too much time researching into the who and why of the spammers here.

If so, it is probably possible to block/ban an entire network server from entering the site (unless they forge their Proxy/IP addresses).

so its the support/help desk staff, spamming the product while they are not selling/helping people with it. Interesting

It must be what they are paid for? Because they have to earn their wages somehow, I would do the same if it earned me a sales commission and I was working a shitty job for an unheard of software company.

ExcruciationX
June 7th, 2008, 21:08
I use DVD Decrypt+ DVDShrink. By the way everyone, this was an advertisement for the pavtube dvd ripper. The idea was ask for a free one, bring up their software and say how great it is.
I knew that. It's just humorous. :)

If I was a mod, I'd lock this.

VampDude
June 7th, 2008, 22:06
I knew that. It's just humorous. :)

If I was a mod, I'd lock this.

lol, it's always an "if" with you, your funny.

It's probably being kept open due to the fact the spammer failed, and everyone who posted knows of better software that is actually FREE (along those lines - and the fact it's almost a discussion on the lame way a company will advertise).

ExcruciationX
June 7th, 2008, 23:45
Lock and sticky, or merge into the Spammer Hall of Shame?

For VampDude: If.

VampDude
June 8th, 2008, 11:03
Lock and sticky, or merge into the Spammer Hall of Shame?

What's the "Hall of Shame" ???

For VampDude: If.

Yes, if (http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/if).

ExcruciationX
June 8th, 2008, 19:11
It's where Quzar posts the emails and posts of spam-bots.

pavgater01
February 12th, 2009, 02:49
i am a friend suggested that i download pavtube dvd ripper, who tested it ? How kind? :confused:

I have been using it for nearly one year now.
It's easy-to-use for such a layman as me.
It supports ripping not only unprotected DVDs, but protected DVDs.

mike_jmg
February 12th, 2009, 06:25
I have been using it for nearly one year now.
It's easy-to-use for such a layman as me.
It supports ripping not only unprotected DVDs, but protected DVDs.

And the saga continues LOL :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sorry man everybody here knows better and free. BTW I too use DVD Decrypter + DVD shrink.

At first I couldn't believe such small programs could have that great performance, it was a nice surprise