PDA

View Full Version : Watch the enhanced Final Fantasy IV

Shrygue
June 2nd, 2008, 19:53
via Computer and Video Games (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=190075)

Square-Enix has released a trailer for the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy IV.

Fans will be pleased to see that the pre-rendered cutscenes look nice and the much loved score appears to be intact.

For those unaware of the game, Final Fantasy IV was originally released on the SNES in 1991 and followed the story of Dark Knight Cecil, who struggled to save the world from the evil Golbez.

It emphasised a character-driven plot, an 'Active Time Battle' system and used Mode 7-style rendering, which is something we still can't quite get our heads around.

Trailer (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/player.php?mode=article&id=1671)

agenericperson
June 2nd, 2008, 20:01
FF4 again? Is square going to remake ALL FF games? Next we'll see FF1 re-remake.

I did like FF3 but it didn't make up for it not coming stateside in the first place.

da_head
June 2nd, 2008, 20:06
*claps* yet another masterpiece from square enix.

hmm it seems they improved upon the crystal chronicles engine, i like. btw the cutscences r effing amazing. i was very disappointed about how little cutscenes cc had.

kcajblue
June 2nd, 2008, 20:42
ff4 is my favorite of the final fantasy games.
im still trying to get a pink tail from the flan princesses on the gba version.
the lunar bosses arent even hard.

wiggy fuzz
June 2nd, 2008, 20:50
i want this game to be as difficult as hell, ff3 kinda was, and it kept me hooked for wel over a couple of months

masterchief929
June 2nd, 2008, 23:05
i hope it's better than ff3.

goshogun1
June 2nd, 2008, 23:11
I have played this game in Japanese up until the final dungeon. (stopped when I heard it was coming here) I can say that it is more than a simple remake. The battle difficulty and strategies involved have been completely changed. Towards the end of the game, normal encounters often feel like boss fights where a few wrong moves will kill you. And the bosses themselves will destroy you if you don't know what you are doing. Even if you think you are a master of FF IV, be prepared for a shock. I liked FF III too, but this is a much better remake IMO.
Can't wait for the stateside release of this amazing remake!

PalestineAtmaIllumin
June 5th, 2008, 21:54
^ I agree.

Balthasar00
June 5th, 2008, 22:13
First annoncement of FF IV arrived one week after the US release of FF III DS. I hope it will be the same for a yet-to-confirm ff V !!

Hobobo
June 11th, 2008, 12:48
I really hope that they make a FF6 remake.