PDA

View Full Version : CrabEmu 0.1.7 Released

BlueCrab
June 3rd, 2008, 16:33
Today, I bring you the release of CrabEmu 0.1.7. This release contains far too many bug fixes and code cleanups to mention, but here's a selection of some of the bigger changes:

Modified sound output to remove branches from the code.
Fixed a Dreamcast GUI issue where CrabEmu would crash after loading about 7 roms.
Made the Dreamcast port only show the portion of the screen that would actually be visible on the Game Gear.
Added a mapper detection function for certain games to detect use of special mappers by the two checksums on the rom.
Enabled sound output on the Dreamcast port.
Added support for the EEPROM used in certain Game Gear baseball games.
Added support for the extra RAM in the Ernie Els Golf cartridge.
Added support for the extra RAM in the SG-1000 game The Castle.

Enjoy the release, and be sure to report any bugs that you may happen to find.

To download, visit the sourceforge download page for CrabEmu (https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=154011&package_id=170961&release_id=604115).

pang1978
June 3rd, 2008, 22:36
Thanks BlueCrab,

However I can't start the emu.
The "readme" provided shows the crabemu directory with files like title.png and menubg.png but i can't see them.
Are these files missing?

BlueCrab
June 4th, 2008, 04:09
Ah, alas they are. You can get them from CrabEmu 0.1.6's release (they're the same files). I apologize for that, I'll update the binary as soon as possible.

EDIT: File reuploaded. The corrected archive is 789585 bytes in size.

Starscream
June 15th, 2008, 14:24
I just tested it yesterday. Compatibility seems to be good, quite a few games (mostly Gamegear) seem to to not display correctly, the Palette is messed up (see eg. Crystal Warriors, Bubble Bobble). Sound timing seems to be off in some games, too. Dunno, is that a frameskip issue?

What are you using for display, my guess is double resolution for SMS and SG-1000?