PDA

View Full Version : Quake_WIP20080602 - Quake for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
June 4th, 2008, 00:28
eluan has again updated the port of Quake to the Nintendo Wii, no info on whats new in this version.

Quake-Wii 2008/06/02 Work In Progress - Please test!

Download and Give feeback Via Comments

MeleeKirby
June 4th, 2008, 00:36
I'm satisfied with the build before this one. I'll consider a download when I see a list of changes for this one.

linkinworm
June 4th, 2008, 00:50
probs just a few bug fixes and saving enabled again, which he forgot in the last build

eluan
June 4th, 2008, 00:55
Just bug fixes, you shouldn't have to download it if you don't have any problems with the previous version. :)

MeleeKirby
June 4th, 2008, 02:03
probs just a few bug fixes and saving enabled again, which he forgot in the last build

He already fixed the saving in the last build. It was the build before that which had saving problems.

metaleggman
June 4th, 2008, 03:22
I'll download it to see if it looks any better or something. :)

____anders____
June 4th, 2008, 07:44
hehe, i've forgotten to test the 3 newest builds (including this one), so i guess i'll have to get this before another one get released:D

weaselboy246
June 4th, 2008, 12:02
So I guess I'm the only one who always gets a crash on Net Init. haven't been able to load this since last build.

EDIT: Looks like there is another build without net. Would've been worth posting aswell....

http://code.google.com/p/quake-gamecube/downloads/list

metaleggman
June 5th, 2008, 06:40
Hoo boy! This version rocks! :D The resolution was increased by a lot and the picture looks a lot crisper too. Game is more fun to play now that it looks better. :p

magoo4
June 5th, 2008, 14:56
how hard would it be to use a balance board to control forward/back and left/right (strafe) in quake? I would be very excited to be a part of this development if I could garner some interest among my homebrew peers. I think this app would be a great testbed for 3d based movement with the balance board. Let me know what you think about this.

Mr. Magooster

____anders____
June 5th, 2008, 23:29
how hard would it be to use a balance board to control forward/back and left/right (strafe) in quake? I would be very excited to be a part of this development if I could garner some interest among my homebrew peers. I think this app would be a great testbed for 3d based movement with the balance board. Let me know what you think about this.

Mr. Magooster

that would be cool, but i don't have the balance board so i wouldn't have the possibility to test it, but it would be cool for some games:)

Sir_Voe
June 7th, 2008, 04:46
Has anyone gotten Malice to work with this? If so, could you share how?

that1guywiththeface
July 13th, 2008, 19:42
Can you re-map this sothat it works properly with the Wii Zapper? If yes, than how?

Drego
July 14th, 2008, 03:37
Can you re-map this sothat it works properly with the Wii Zapper? If yes, than how?

I wouldn't think you would not need to. QuakeWii has it set to 'B' for shoot. I guess you can change jump from 'A' to 'C' (or 'Z') and there you go. To change it, go under the CFG in the ID1 folder, you will find what you are looking for. Or if you want to do it in-game, hit the '+' button to go into menu, down to options, configure button, and change what you want right there.
Tried it, and works either way. Be careful if you go the CFG root, don't touch anything you don't know what it is.

Fun stuff and can't wait for more.

PS: Since this is Quake, would it be possible for Doom?
I am no programmer, but I'm sure it can. Would love to hear if it can...

gary_abernethy2
July 18th, 2008, 00:38
How do you set up the folders on your SD Card so that the homebrew channel will put this on the load menu?

gary_abernethy2
July 19th, 2008, 19:01
CAN you use the Homebrew Channel to load this? if so where can I get the files I need?
someone help please :(

kevenz
July 19th, 2008, 22:44
someone should port Doom 2 or Final Doom also.

vicious1988
July 19th, 2008, 23:33
PS: Since this is Quake, would it be possible for Doom?
I am no programmer, but I'm sure it can. Would love to hear if it can...

Quake and Doom are two different engines. That would be an entirely different source code to rewrite and, unless undertaken by a different coder, take away from the development of the Quake port. Although I agree, a Doom port would be pretty awesome.

gary_abernethy2
July 20th, 2008, 15:17
How Do I Play This!!?

zonic
July 23rd, 2008, 03:37
nice but im still waiting for a doom port :)

gary_abernethy2
July 23rd, 2008, 20:25
As usual, I will answer my own question.
You can put this on the homebrew channel simply by renaming the quake.dol file to boot.dol
You can even make your own picture if you save it as a .png and you can copy and edit one of the xml documents to make it about quake.

zonic
July 24th, 2008, 19:16
do i need gecko? i tried the .wad version its buggy