PDA

View Full Version : Famitsu Gives Metal Gear Solid 4 Perfect Score

Shrygue
June 4th, 2008, 21:20
via Kotaku (http://kotaku.com/5012898/famitsu-gives-metal-gear-solid-4-perfect-score)

This is still unconfirmed as we haven't yet seen review scans, but word has it that Japanese magazine Famitsu is giving upcoming PS3 title Metal Gear Solid 4 a perfect 40/40. Famitsu has only done this seven times. Those other "perfect" 40/40 titles are The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Soulcalibur, Vagrant Story, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, Nintendogs, Final Fantasy XII and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. This makes MGS4 the first PLAYSTATION 3 title to get the coveted 40/40 score.

Eds Note: This has been confirmed as true. Hit the jump for a scan.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/images/kotaku/2008/06/mgs4_40.jpg

WhizzBang
June 5th, 2008, 06:23
An odd list of perfect score games there. Ocarina of Time is fair enough as a perfect score, but Vagrant Story and Nintendogs? Wind Waker and FFXII both sagged towards the end and became tiresome.

In the UK, Edge magazines perfect scores seem to have faired slightly better in retrospect. They have given it to
* Super Mario 64
* Gran Turismo
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
* Halo: Combat Evolved
* Half-Life 2
* Halo 3
* The Orange Box
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Grand Theft Auto IV

Of those I would only disagree on Halo 3 and GTA IV being in the list.

lordcapy
June 5th, 2008, 10:02
nice :O

Bobablob
June 5th, 2008, 16:20
Nintendogs, huh?

I remember back when Famitsu was the de facto reviewer. Now they're just an also ran. I hope Metal Gear Solid 4 is the greatest game ever. But a perfect score from Famitsu means d*ck.

mcdougall57
June 5th, 2008, 22:08
An odd list of perfect score games there. Ocarina of Time is fair enough as a perfect score, but Vagrant Story and Nintendogs? Wind Waker and FFXII both sagged towards the end and became tiresome.

In the UK, Edge magazines perfect scores seem to have faired slightly better in retrospect. They have given it to
* Super Mario 64
* Gran Turismo
* The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
* Halo: Combat Evolved
* Half-Life 2
* Halo 3
* The Orange Box
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Grand Theft Auto IV

Of those I would only disagree on Halo 3 and GTA IV being in the list.

i agree edge is by far the best for ratings and i agree with the games you've picked not to be on there. wtf is with halo 3 and a perfect score? not found it enjoyable on one occasion even when i'm winning!!

Malksta
June 6th, 2008, 16:47
arggg.. 6 more days 'til release. for MGS fans: avoid 4chan and GameFAQs, MEGA spoilers

wolfpack
June 6th, 2008, 17:54
i would buy a ps3 just to buy this game.......

i gotta save up now, this game is gonna rock