pibs
June 5th, 2008, 18:37
OMG yes! Gta4 felt bland and non inspired. This looks like straight mayhem :D

mcdougall57
June 5th, 2008, 22:05
ooo!! i know!! the one with absolute chaos

gamesquest1
June 6th, 2008, 03:18
lol i feel somwhat bad for agreeing but they did cut out the good stuff from gta to make space for pointless crap, what do you do on gta when you are bores there are no good side missions maybe bowling without cutting out all the new features they added in San andreas, WHY O WHY did they take a step back to vice city or gta3.1 lol sorry Rockstar but your game lacks the previous games fun factor Saints row looks Sooooo cool....

Actually its not too much pointless crap its not enougth pointless crap that happens to be fun like finding tall buildings and jumping off in the funniest way they are making the game too serious i think people buy gta for the fun factor mainly and main story as a sidemisssion lol so focus more on fun stuff to do then add a bit off a story line its worked on the past 3 games why stop now :D

Xiofire
June 6th, 2008, 14:08
I loved Saints Row 1. They did a lot of stuff right where GTA fell. Like the garage system, where if you scrapped a car, you could buy it back, the character customisation, the clothing system, and the story in some respects was solid, just lacked a climax ending. The only thing it lacked was bikes, boats and planes and a cover system. But seriously, looks like they've got it right this time. Can't wait.
-Xiofire

Baboon
June 6th, 2008, 15:04
Your all deluded if you think this will be better than GTAIV. lol

Xiofire
June 6th, 2008, 17:50
Your all deluded if you think this will be better than GTAIV. lol

Not really, I see it rather as what would have been made if Rockstar had stuck with their wacky roots of the original GTA's, rather than trying to go the gritty, "realistic" way which, to be fair, is quite boring after you have done the initial story mode.

Two different games really, but i think i will prefer Saints Row 2, because its just about rampaging, rather than trying to incorporate an intricate, believable storyline, which if you ask me, hampered GTA 4 and the GTA experience. I went in hoping for an over the top, extraordinary game that allowed me to do ridiculous activities, and was left with a playable movie and a shallow life simulator.

-Xiofire