PDA

View Full Version : psp-290 3.90m33 mapthis 0.5.20 HELP PLEASE

snowcruiser_91
June 5th, 2008, 21:18
ok, so i've read through so many threads, my heads spinning, and i just need some help. im sorry if i missed something obvious, but i just can't figure this out.

i have a ta79 psp running 3.90 m33 with the psp 290 and running map this! 0.5.20 and i cant get the gps state on. i have disabled wifi, no umd, checked my keys(fixed them) via chilly willy v1.4 and i have tried pushing square, etc...i dont know what to do, is there a way to test the gps reciever?! any little bit of help would be greatly apperciated!

deniska
June 6th, 2008, 06:07
-Is ENABLESERIALPORT=0?
-is the gps clock running?
-try running the psp-290 test (green) program (should be in the new forum)

-try running any official game/program that uses psp-290 accessory

You can check if the program's usb comm is working by conncting it to pc with usb cable - when you start the program - it will promt you for a driver .. if not - there is some problem with your firmware or program setup

jackiewu85
June 6th, 2008, 16:07
Im not an expert with software and hardware, however there is one piece of advice, which I experienced the problem myself.

You can not receive GPS signal under roof cover, you need you find a place with open air. You can check on the 'GPS status', your GPS receiver needs to be able to find at least 3 FIXED satellites to start up positioning. It could take about 3 minutes for it to search for the satellites in my case.

Hope this helps.

snowcruiser_91
June 6th, 2008, 18:00
thanks, i ended up putting it in the game150 folder, it worked...

couple of quick questions though, whats the new forum? and when im stopped at an intersection, or anywhere that im stopped, the arrow that shows where i am jumps around, speed changes, and when im driving down the road, it shows me off the road, or going off the road...

1 other question, when i turn it on, start map this! it shows how many satalites in view, like normally 7-9ish, and it just sits there, how do u get it to fix? a button press? just wait?

thanks!