PDA

View Full Version : PSPVice 0.1 (Commodore 64 Emulator)

wraggster
October 2nd, 2005, 03:33
Kristof (http://perso.numericable.fr/~ckckck/C64_PSPVice.html) has released to the PSP a port of Vice the Commodore 64 emulator, heres more info:

V0.1 :

What is working :

- Emulator works
- Speed is good
- Virtual keyboard
- D64 and T64 files support

What is not working :

- No sound
- Sometimes hang when enter menu
- Transparency not working (keyboard and menu display)

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/files/pspvice049.JPG

Download here --> http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspvice.shtml

2 C64 emulators in one week, spoiled arent we :)

Thanks to Kojote (http://www.pdroms.de/index.php) for messaging me this at 3.10am ;P

urherenow
October 2nd, 2005, 04:17
Now THIS is what I'm talkin about! love vice... can hardly wait to get sound on it. Props to kristof!

Mr.Modem
October 2nd, 2005, 06:47
Yes! Two C64 emulators in a week. Hope we see a version with sound soon.

urchin
October 2nd, 2005, 09:58
Uh oh! Competition!

:D

Amiga
October 2nd, 2005, 11:17
competition never hurts anyone accept the French ;) :)

urchin
October 2nd, 2005, 11:20
I'm guessing you didn't check where PSPVice is being developed/hosted? :D

Kristof
October 2nd, 2005, 11:40
urherenow > Thanks

urchin > No competition here. I love seeing many C64 stuffs on PSP. There is also a Sid player now. If you have any advice for including sound, this intersest me (I'm lacking of time unfortunatly).

Amiga > Not sure to understand your comments about french people ("accept" or "except" ?). But beware, if it is not good, next version of PSPVice will only protected to work only in france :) (using a GPS check ahahaha).

wraggster > Thanks for really fast news about PSPVice. I've allowed myself to reuse your screenshots on my page, hope it does not bother you.

Amiga
October 2nd, 2005, 12:19
Boths emulators are fantastic be them created by French programmers or not :D

Keep up the good work guys :D

urchin
October 2nd, 2005, 14:28
Kristof> feel free to PM any questions you may have about audio. I have a feeling that the way audio is handled between Vice and Frodo will be very different though!

han
October 2nd, 2005, 14:39
Whoohoo now this is great news for cbm fans !! Thankyou thankyou thankyou

Urchin, its great you will work with Kristof - but i wonder how is SCFrodo coming along these days?

vidgrip
October 2nd, 2005, 14:47
Downloaded both versions, The Frodo is great for Tape based games, using vice for disk games. Vice is locking my system alot... Not complaining just letting you know. Jumpman(Disk/Vice) and Jumpman Jr.(Tape/Frodo) never hang and thats all I care about at the moment. Thanks alot guys.

Amiga
October 2nd, 2005, 15:18
Can ask you guys why you never considered CSS64 which i think miles better than vice or frodo?

urchin
October 2nd, 2005, 15:24
You mean CCS64? As far as I am aware, the source code is not available.

c64psp just started off as an experiment, my next step up from helloworld. Given the lack of other C64 emulators available (at the time) I thought others might like to see it.

Kristof
October 2nd, 2005, 16:02
Can ask you guys why you never considered CSS64

My work is based on PS2 port of Vice. So quite easy to port on PSP. And the second reason is that I'm using Vice on PC.

CSS64 is nice, but seems very PC oriented (is there any port of it ?), and if source code is not available, so it is impossible to port.

wraggster
October 2nd, 2005, 16:18
Awesome Work by both coders :)

Please feel free to use any of my screenshots, also if you need a forum supplying for dedicated discussion of your projects we can do that and also if you would like we can host your sites with a *whatever.dcemu.co.uk or on our sister network sites at *whatever*.emufanatics.com or *whatever*.emulation64.com the only thing required to have is a small google ad and thats it :)

SmashinGit
October 3rd, 2005, 01:57
I must need glasses, just realised this has a virtual keyboard! You probably already know but for those who don't, pressing R1 brings up the keyboard, then pressing o selects your key.

Just had my first go on Hunchback, very happy :D

han
October 3rd, 2005, 04:40
I was the one who ported ccs64 to DirectX8. Originally a DirectX 5 release. It is not open source, but the source can be gotten by requesting it from the author. I can tell you that a port to the PSP is nigh on impossible as it is geared originally towards the windows platform.