IamAbe
June 6th, 2008, 03:16
The Homebrew Channel has been updated!

Beta 8 changes include:
-bug-fixes
-increased sd-card reading speeds
-icons are now listed alphabetically
-wiimote rumble support

To download, simply run HBC 0.7 on your Wii and it will automatically update.

The Homebrew Channel is a homebrew application loader by Team Twiizers which allows users to load homebrew applications without having to run the Twilight Hack every time. Once installed, users can access the channel from the Wii Menu just like any other Wii channel. It is currently capable of running dol or elf homebrew applications from an SD card, a USB Gecko, and TCP, or using Wiiload. It is also capable of downloading online updates for itself.

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

zippo99
June 6th, 2008, 03:36
nice updated feature set!

Playtendo
June 6th, 2008, 03:45
uh how come when i try downloading it from the homebrew channel I always get "Download Failed"?

EDIT: nvm it finally downloaded.

Nintendo Maniac 64
June 6th, 2008, 04:18
go figure, 1 hour after doing a bunch of different Wii homebrew, the channel is updated >_>

(no USB support yet? Dang, I'll need that for when I hook my friend up with the HBC...)

acg12xu
June 6th, 2008, 04:24
I don't like the sound of alphabetically organizing. Is there a way to disable this so you can position the buttons however you like? Like the original channel?

metaleggman
June 6th, 2008, 04:34
I don't like the sound of alphabetically organizing. Is there a way to disable this so you can position the buttons however you like? Like the original channel? Or a mode to organize them based off of which ones you use the most (number of times launched). :)

boccman
June 6th, 2008, 04:42
I don't like the sound of alphabetically organizing. Is there a way to disable this so you can position the buttons however you like? Like the original channel?

I agree. Thanks for the update.

benpwarner
June 6th, 2008, 05:08
i updated it and now every time i load the channel i get some error

mcdougall57
June 6th, 2008, 09:15
nice :) so this should automatically install?

____anders____
June 6th, 2008, 11:35
wow, awesome!:)
alfabetical sorting is very good, and the rumble is cool:)

DPyro
June 6th, 2008, 13:23
Full list of changes:

- you don't need to eject your memcards anymore
- switched from IOS35 to IOS21, this makes the hbc usable on older firmwares
- improved SD card loading performance
- improved some translations
- the IP label isn't cut off anymore
- fixed argv support when loading SD apps
- fixed a minor wiiload issue
- wiimore rumble support
- Installer overhaul, it now warns you if your System Menu is too new (future updates)

weaselboy246
June 6th, 2008, 14:04
I see issue with GC memory cards is still there.

masterchief929
June 6th, 2008, 14:29
i like the alphabetical sorting thing.

FGOD
June 6th, 2008, 14:39
I see issue with GC memory cards is still there.

it just changed...it can read the sd now when gc card is plugged in, but it can't load apps

DPyro
June 6th, 2008, 16:09
For those having trouble with wifi, download it here (http://hbc.hackmii.com/dist/the_homebrew_channel-beta_8.tar.gz)

vicious1988
June 6th, 2008, 18:48
With everything getting released (HBC, new libogc, etc.) I'm gonna have to get my ass in gear. Maybe a few multiplayer games. I'm thinking Euchre and Spades with a rating system for a start, anyone know how you could access SQL using the dkP environment?

____anders____
June 6th, 2008, 23:30
damn it loads homebrew so fast that the loading screen just flash and then you're in the app:)
awesome update:)

wisinx
June 7th, 2008, 03:33
I do the update and now it dosnt work, I get an error , Please help me ĦĦĦIm scared!!!!

What I have to do Now???
help.......

h2923j42n2
June 7th, 2008, 06:14
The channel works great for me! I installed the new version by using the Beta 7 Homebrew Channel.

I do the update and now it dosnt work, I get an error , Please help me ĦĦĦIm scared!!!!

What I have to do Now???
help.......

What is the error message that you are getting?

danny37415
June 7th, 2008, 08:40
I get a code dump thing whenever I load the channel. please help

justinswood
June 7th, 2008, 10:54
Wow, the speed at which apps load now is incredible!:thumbup:

Good work

DarkJesus
June 7th, 2008, 17:08
Loving it. The auto updating is an especially awesome feature that is made evident now.

Thanks a lot.

benpwarner
June 7th, 2008, 17:52
i get the code dump error too but if i pull out the sd card it loads fine but still cant do anything from there

danny37415
June 7th, 2008, 18:47
i get the code dump error too but if i pull out the sd card it loads fine but still cant do anything from there

I had to downgrade to version 7 and everything worked fine. I'm going to re-format my sd and see if it works on the new release

GrandMasterJimmy
June 7th, 2008, 19:07
I installed it through the wi-fi updater in beta 7. Works great, Genesis plus loads in like a 10th of a second. You can hardly see the loading bar when loading apps.

MBaller20
June 7th, 2008, 20:22
I have a quick and stupid question. I'm new to the wii homebrew scene but i do not own a copy of zelda twilight princess. Is there any other way to get the hack to work? and without modding my wii?

I'll accept flames because i know this is probably a stupid question.

GrandMasterJimmy
June 7th, 2008, 20:26
No there isn't any other way, you have to have Twilight Princess. Just go to your local movie store and rent it.

MBaller20
June 7th, 2008, 20:45
When i went to holywood video, it wasn't there. I was pretty disappointed.

danny37415
June 7th, 2008, 22:53
I had to downgrade to version 7 and everything worked fine. I'm going to re-format my sd and see if it works on the new release

re-formatting works it you get that "Code Dump" crap.

thanks for the update!:thumbup:

MBaller20
June 8th, 2008, 00:33
now i just got a copy of the game so how do i know if i have the right version?

danny37415
June 8th, 2008, 02:25
now i just got a copy of the game so how do i know if i have the right version?

RVL-RZDP-0A-0 JPN - rzdp0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-0 JPN - rzde0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-0 USA - rzde0.bin
RVL-RZDE-0A-2 USA - rzde2.bin
RVL-RZDJ-0A-0 JPN - rzdj0.bin

its on the back of the game disk

stefh
June 8th, 2008, 13:03
Updating from 0.5 to 0.8 within the Channel causes an application error after reboot. After installing it manually, it worked like a charm. Great progress.

I love how professional everything (sound, gui) fits with the rest of the wii channels.

OFF TOPIC: Only problems with a lot of homebrew at the moment is that through the Nintendo SCART / RGB cable it gives a red image. When using the composite cable this is solved, but the RGB cable gives much better image quality. Hopefully this issue gets fixed with updates.

heathen_gray
June 10th, 2008, 11:19
I know we don't want Nintendo to "notice" this... but, Damn! This is how you update stuff!

Instant, clear and optional Install process; Takes minutes to do; Noticeably improves stuff.

I'm not sure how they could improve it further, I'm as happy as a pig in s**t!

juicethehedgehog
August 15th, 2008, 04:20
hmm. do anyone have an good reason why whenever i try to load any homebrew on it, it simply gets stuck at the loader. lol its been at 0% for some time now X_X
any ideas?

evilmario666
August 28th, 2008, 16:55
where do i put my homebrew games for them to come up on the channel itseslf?

evilmario666
August 28th, 2008, 17:37
hmm. do anyone have an good reason why whenever i try to load any homebrew on it, it simply gets stuck at the loader. lol its been at 0% for some time now X_X
any ideas?

same here :confused: i dont undersatnd, i did everything right though...... any help would be much appreciated!

evilmario666
August 28th, 2008, 19:13
need help

judremy
August 28th, 2008, 19:30
If you are getting stuck at 0% loading time:

Make sure you have no gamecube cards in your Wii. You will know you do if the Gecko (lizard) is lit up in the lower right corner instead of the globe.

Take the memory card(s) out and try it.

evilmario666
August 29th, 2008, 17:12
Thanks judremy! It worked! Much appreciated.

uberjedi
October 13th, 2008, 12:42
The Homebrew Channel has been updated!

To download, simply run HBC 0.7 on your Wii and it will automatically update.

Hey, could you explain how you would update the HBC if your wii is not connected to the internet? Do you just delete the HBC, then install it again, or will that cause problems?

Thanks!

Kindred
October 15th, 2008, 23:35
anyway of turning the rumble off?