PDA

View Full Version : Badly-needed programs for the PSP

IndianCheese
October 2nd, 2005, 06:17
I don't have much time to learn how to code with C++, but here are some ideas for must-have PSP utilities:

PSPrar or PSPzip
WiFi File Transferrer
2.0 Web Browser Rip
A preconfigured Windows 95 emulator
A working PSPftp Client

I got these ideas from others and currently released programs.

D-Boy
October 2nd, 2005, 10:03
Psp rar or zip isn't really needed

pepegomez
October 2nd, 2005, 10:49
of course it is. its used for storing files and transfer to other guys.

D-Boy
October 2nd, 2005, 16:23
just do it from the memory stick?

Privateer
October 2nd, 2005, 18:52
What I'd really like to see is a TI-89 calculator emulator. It'd save me a lot of money, cause I seem to have lost mine. :'[

Heran_Bago
October 2nd, 2005, 23:15
I don't see why psprar/psp zip is needed. It would save most space if you just zip/rar them on your computer.

IndianCheese
October 3rd, 2005, 00:51
It would be great to just download the zip file to your PSP and unzip it from there. It makes me so mad when I am downloading a file that is in zip format that I do not feel like storing on my computer!

Wally
October 3rd, 2005, 02:55
WTF do you want to run a contraption like Windows on a PSP?? Euuggh.. Wouldnt you rather Mac OS X?

IndianCheese
October 3rd, 2005, 03:28
No. That has been done and I assume it is crap.

nonzero
October 3rd, 2005, 12:51
I'd love to see old school MS DOS (6.2 would be great) running on the PSP with the full XMS, EMS and Vesa support...

IndianCheese
October 3rd, 2005, 20:53
It is.

http://psp-news.dcemu.co.uk/pspdosbox.shtml

Heran_Bago
October 5th, 2005, 07:15
It is very possible for an emulator to play a zipped ROM, even a RARed one in theory, that 's the emu though. ISO files could be considered a type of compression, and are runnable. (Won't delve any deeper due to forum rules.) Anywho, can you zip/rar and unzip/unrar on your computer, no huge demand for a PSP variant.