PDA

View Full Version : Rumour: WandaVision will be half sitcom/half MCU movie, will introduce Wiccan & Speed

wraggster
October 15th, 2019, 21:30
Out of all the new titles announced for the next phase of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, there’s none that intrigue me more than WandaVision. This is mainly because the upcoming Disney+ series makes no damn sense. Following the events of Avengers: Infinity War, Paul Bettany’s Vision is no longer in the land of the living (as much as synthetic beings animated by an Infinity Stone could be said to be living), so how can he be sharing the screen with Elizabeth Olsen’s Wanda Maximoff? The clue for me was always in the title, as I suspect the upcoming show will be some kind of “vision” of Wanda’s psyche, using her powers to potentially manipulate reality to bring back her fallen lover.
We got some more hints of this weird non-realistic take in August, when Marvel showed off some key art for WandaVision at Disney’s D23 Expo, accompanied with a sizzle reel of footage from the Dick Van Dyke Show. The comic book TV series will somehow be pulling inspiration from the classic 1960s US comedy show. The artwork (seen below) implied the same with an old-school aesthetic blended with subtle comic book hints hidden in the shadows on the wall: Vision’s shadow has a light spot on his head where the Mind Stone should be and Wanda’s shadow looks like the iconic headgear that her comic book counterpart wears.

https://www.criticalhit.net/entertainment/rumour-wandavision-will-be-half-sitcom-half-mcu-movie-will-introduce-wiccan-speed/